We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Jan 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #106 of 232
UM Miracle it is!  You're probably safe in starting to collect the dough and telling |joker| to go get some impressions made...what's the paypal addy?

Jan 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #108 of 232
I'm in for $10.  Congrats, Mike, on the soon-to-be-your new IEMs!

BTW, when will you have your review of them up?!!!!  
etysmile.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #109 of 232

Quote:
UM Miracle it is!  You're probably safe in starting to collect the dough and telling |joker| to go get some impressions made...what's the paypal addy?

There's still some details to be worked out and not quite at the amount for the UM Miracle. I have to get a response from the UM distributor for confirmation of the discount and such.

I'll let people know my paypal when everything is ready.

Also in case anyone was not aware ljokerl has told me he would not be checking this thread so it does remain somewhat a surprise which is also why I did not change the title to this thread.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #110 of 232
Count me in for JH13.

I propose to change the goal to JH13 because it is a "reference" now with so many reviews and comparisons.
And it gained more votes.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #112 of 232

Quote:
Count me in for JH13.

I propose to change the goal to JH13 because it is a "reference" now with so many reviews and comparisons.
And it gained more votes.

I felt it was more fair that those who put their money in would get the vote as compared to a popularity vote. The vote tally is in the 4th post. It's not 100%  updated but it shows you pretty much what the vote is.

Also temporarily the people who want to donate is going to be on hold until I get confirmation of the discount or not. As of right now we have the amount if the discount is valid but not enough if it is not valid.

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #113 of 232
Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to update the people who are going to donate.

The window where you can help this cause is over. I have gotten a confirmation of a $100 discount from Stephen Guo after speaking with UM. The payment will be done through Stephen Guo. I will update the first couple of posts and then the payment instructions will be posted up later when I get home.

I know a certain head-fi member is on a skiing vacation so I'm expecting payments to not be completed within the next couple days. Depending on when that head-fi member is back it shouldn't take too much longer than a week.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #114 of 232
Why not ask him directly without fear which one he would prefer  given the choices? I guess more people want the UMM just because they want a review of them and not just offer his preferred sound(I may be wrong).  I believe the Jh13 would be a better choice given the already more than establish reputation it has but its up to you.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #115 of 232

Quote:
Why not ask him directly without fear which one he would prefer  given the choices? I guess more people want the UMM just because they want a review of them and not just offer his preferred sound(I may be wrong).  I believe the Jh13 would be a better choice given the already more than establish reputation it has but its up to you.

Well, for those of you who didn't read the other thread (not that I blame you, of course):
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...I feel that if Head-Fi chooses to go forward with this, the choice should be put to a vote to see what people would like to see reviewed/used as a benchmark for future reviews. I realize that the JH13Pro is the communal favourite but it is both the oldest and priciest earphone listed. I also don't know if JH or any of the other customs manufacturers would be willing to match the generous discount offered by Audez'e. Either way, I would be grateful for any high-end headphone or earphone given to me by head-fi and if the community can benefit from it, all the better.  

Lastly, I think that a thanks is due first and foremost to 12345142 for the work already put into communicating with the community and the vendors as well as everyone else who has chimed in - my heart quite literally skipped a beat when I read through the OP last night.

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #116 of 232
I do see the reason for the JH13 but I wanted only those who paid to have a vote thus making it more fair. If you take someone's money their opinion goes with it. This took faster than I expected so I'm pleased it didn't happen next week since it will be my busiest week or two for the next couple months.

I'll also be updated the list of people who donated and include the amount of payments received.

Anyway I have sent PM's to everyone who will be making payments or emails for those who are not on as often. Instructions are on the 2nd post of this thread.

Any questions please PM me.

Time for the mass spamming of my email/inbox :T

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #119 of 232
Personally, I vote for none of the above. I would go with Shure SE530 + some really good custom tips which will most likely require multiple refits to get right. I thought SE530 easily outperformed Westone ES3X in sound quality and I don't see any reason why the 5-6 driver customs will be a significant upgrade, if an upgrade at all.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #120 of 232
Owned 530s and liked them a lot. Know the 535 pretty well and I would take a JH5 or GR10 over them. JH13s are in a different league. Shure foam tips are great if you find them comfy and they're part of the sig. I doubt custom tips would be as big a deal on these as some others. People have been using UM56s on 530s for some time and it seems to be more about comfort and consistancy than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back