Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 20, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #9,211 of 14,269

Glad to know that you understand, but if you want further clarification, please let me know.

I definitely took your statement as "a true lover of horology could not also appreciate an Apple Watch" as a contentious knock - I do not know how it was not implied nor meant since it was straight-forwardly written (at least that's what it looked like to me).

The horology response was most definitely for you as well, and did not have an issue at all when you said "It's not a timepiece in the way I've come to know them."  But stating or insinuating that a person like myself is not a true lover of horology (based on your post) would admittedly perturb me.  I suppose this the way some people feel and they are more than welcome to express their feelings.  I will express how I feel as well, though.

No worries though.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Right.
My statements are simple, and should not be construed to mean more than they state. "This, my friend is a timepiece that a 'true lover of horology' could appreciate." The phrase 'true lover of horology' was taken from and was a response to a previous post... not by me. It means what it states and not the converse relating to the Apple Watch or appreciators of it.

I would not denigrate someone for their purchases past or future. I speak about what I like or dislike and do my best not to offend. When I spoke of Apple products, I apologized that my comments were harsh (they were based on my bad experiences).

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #9,212 of 14,269

Right.
My statements are simple, and should not be construed to mean more than they state. "This, my friend is a timepiece that a 'true lover of horology' could appreciate." The phrase 'true lover of horology' was taken from and was a response to a previous post... not by me. It means what it states and not the converse relating to the Apple Watch or appreciators of it.

I would not denigrate someone for their purchases past or future. I speak about what I like or dislike and do my best not to offend. When I spoke of Apple products, I apologized that my comments were harsh (they were based on my bad experiences).

No worries on all accounts.  It will be nice to meet you if you are able to attend CanJam next weekend.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #9,213 of 14,269

Now this is a real concern.  I would always think that the smartwatch is technically 'better' than any of my other watches, so I would feel slightly odd wearing the other watches, when I knew I had something better that was not on my wrist.  But then I thought: "I already own Bluetooth smartwatches, and I still wear my other watches", so my thinking is even if I was to purchase a great smartwatch, it would get rotated with my other watches, even though I may wear it more often than my other watches.  Since I would wear it more for workouts/traveling, it would just be another watch (albeit a technically marveled watch) to me.

Depends on what you mean by saying it is technically 'better'. I'd argue it is better than my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #9,214 of 14,269

Depends on what you mean by saying it is technically 'better'. I'd argue it is better than my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

'Better' only refers to technical accuracy in this case.  Just like the Multi-Band 6/atomic watches are technically 'better' (regarding technical accuracy) than anything else that does not use atomic clocks to sync.

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #9,215 of 14,269
Right.

Apple is coming out with the pocket watch edition of the Smart-watch! What will they think of next?

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #9,216 of 14,269

Glad to know that you understand, but if you want further clarification, please let me know.

I definitely took your statement as "a true lover of horology could not also appreciate an Apple Watch" as a contentious knock - I do not know how it was not implied nor meant since it was straight-forwardly written (at least that's what it looked like to me).

The horology response was most definitely for you as well, and did not have an issue at all when you said "It's not a timepiece in the way I've come to know them."  But stating or insinuating that a person like myself is not a true lover of horology (based on your post) would admittedly perturb me.  I suppose this the way some people feel and they are more than welcome to express their feelings.  I will express how I feel as well, though.

No worries though.  
bigsmile_face.gif

On another note, bought this watch yesterday:

Nice. I was looking at that series too. Too bad they don't make a solar atomic version :wink:

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #9,217 of 14,269
Nice. I was looking at that series too. Too bad they don't make a solar atomic version :wink:

The entire Polarized Marble series are enticing - the second I saw them as available online, I knew I wanted one. Usually I demo a watch before I purchase, but no brick and mortar stores in So. Cal (or Vegas) that I went to had any of the Polarized Marble watches yet, so I ordered online solely based on the price of the one I purchased.

The only Solar + Atomic versions that I found on fleabay that had any type of snazzy color to them (nothing like the Polarized Marble watches) for < $400 (USD) are these:

GW-6900B-1JF:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171101202124?nav=SEARCH

GW-M5610B-1JF:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261817751986?nav=SEARCH

GW-6900B-1JF:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261749737480?nav=SEARCH

GW-3000BD-1AJF:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/191463905436?nav=SEARCH

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #9,218 of 14,269

'Better' only refers to technical accuracy in this case.  Just like the Multi-Band 6/atomic watches are technically 'better' (regarding technical accuracy) than anything else that does not use atomic clocks to sync.

Right. I still think that if I wanted a smartwatch, it would be used for functions like controlling music, measuring activity etc. And all this has no point if done only every now and then, so a smartwatch is of no use if I do not wear it on a daily basis, hence I am not ready to buy one :)

Besides, I already have the first smartwatch ever produced - Tissot T-Touch.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #9,219 of 14,269
Right. I still think that if I wanted a smartwatch, it would be used for functions like controlling music, measuring activity etc. And all this has no point if done only every now and then, so a smartwatch is of no use if I do not wear it on a daily basis, hence I am not ready to buy one :)

Besides, I already have the first smartwatch ever produced - Tissot T-Touch.

Awesome. You do not want a new smartwatch. I understand (twice now). Enjoy your Tissot T-Touch. :normal_smile :

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #9,223 of 14,269

Yeah…They showed it on Conan O"Brien::

That was hilarious!  Conan is one of my favorite talk show hosts, bar none.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #9,224 of 14,269
Mar 22, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #9,225 of 14,269
*ahem* it's an "homage"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back