Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Sep 25, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #3,466 of 3,631
Hi Team

I bought my walnut v2 back in february or march, since then my lifes been pretty hectic and i havent had time to sort through this whole thread. I just dusted this player off and plugged my headphones in, still sounds great to me..... Once issue, no hold feature... is there something i can do to add a hold button? have software updates given a hold feature? My v2 is the 3 buttno version... or do i need to go shopping for a different player?

thanks!
What do youean by hold, you mean like lock or pause, if your worried about buttons being press, I just made a leather case for mine and problem solved, or you could by another player

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #3,467 of 3,631
Yes exactly i meant to lock the buttons when it is in my pocket. good idea about leather case, any chance i could see a photo of yours?
if that doesnt work, i might start researching a similar player, although may search for something with a screen or some kind of display (unsure of walnut v3 though).
thanks

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #3,468 of 3,631
Sure, if you do get another player, and you want to keep the diy possibilities, I can fully suggest the zishan z3 but I read allot of people have problems with Walnut v3 ( I almost bought it too)
Here's a pic 15378764210274615354253414980110.jpg

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #3,469 of 3,631
Thanks for the picture, im going to look through my scrap leather and see if i have anything large enough to make a case.
To be honest, read the initial part of the walnut v2 thread and chose it because it was cheap, seems to be of good quality, and that is it. I dont have the discerning ear that a lot of people on this site seem to have, i listen to podcasts and music using cheap earbuds such as the magnetic ones from amazon, cheap phillips brand earbuds from discount stores (winners, marshalls) and some cheap iems that i bought from aliexpress. I'm not exactly sure what kind of DIY mods people are doing to the walnut, i would love to learn about that but not sure where a beginner can start learning about those mods. I don't even know if i would benefit from those mods

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #3,471 of 3,631
Oct 6, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #3,473 of 3,631
I may not have any IEMs that are as sensitive as the ZSR, but I haven't heard any hiss with any of my IEMs (12Ω - 80Ω), when using these budget DAP/DAC/Amps.

The output impedance is determined by the value of the resistors on the circuit board, that are in series between the output pins of the op-amps, and the output jacks.
NOTE: There will also be output series capacitors, so you'll have to trace the circuits from the jack, or the op-amp, to find the series resistors.
These devices have 100Ω series resistors.
If you want to reduce it to ~9Ω, you can solder 10Ω 1/4W resistors on top of the 100Ω resistors.

Reducing the op-amp circuit gain, just allows you to turn the Volume pot up more, so that it's operating in its more linear, and better channel tracking range.

I use NX1 with V2S and they work much better for low impedance IEMs.

Oct 8, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #3,477 of 3,631
I plan to use it as a dac/amp from my laptop, will there be a problem?

I use my V2s mainly as an amp for my laptop and can say I have no problems at all - its excellent IMO. It sounds great, no issues at all. I do use Equalizer APO and Foobar as well on my laptop. FYI, the V2s actually functions in two ways when used with a computer/laptop. Option 1. Using the line input (3.5mm lead from laptop to V2s). Option 2. As a sound card (overriding the laptop sound card) via the USB cable provided. Option 1 works best, perfect. Option 2 'crackles and pops' intermittently which spoils the sound. Using option 2, it charges and acts as a sound card simultaneously - it downloads a driver first time you connect it. I find option 1 the best choice for my laptop. I use Superlux HD668B and Philips SHE3590BK.

Rgds T

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #3,479 of 3,631
I use my V2s mainly as an amp for my laptop and can say I have no problems at all - its excellent IMO. It sounds great, no issues at all. I do use Equalizer APO and Foobar as well on my laptop. FYI, the V2s actually functions in two ways when used with a computer/laptop. Option 1. Using the line input (3.5mm lead from laptop to V2s). Option 2. As a sound card (overriding the laptop sound card) via the USB cable provided. Option 1 works best, perfect. Option 2 'crackles and pops' intermittently which spoils the sound. Using option 2, it charges and acts as a sound card simultaneously - it downloads a driver first time you connect it. I find option 1 the best choice for my laptop. I use Superlux HD668B and Philips SHE3590BK.

Rgds T

I would say NO

I just got a Zishan Z2, is it normal to observe some delay when watching video/movies from my laptop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back