1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
233 234 235 236 237
Next

Last
  1. Themilkman46290
    What do youean by hold, you mean like lock or pause, if your worried about buttons being press, I just made a leather case for mine and problem solved, or you could by another player

2. simko
    Yes exactly i meant to lock the buttons when it is in my pocket. good idea about leather case, any chance i could see a photo of yours?
    if that doesnt work, i might start researching a similar player, although may search for something with a screen or some kind of display (unsure of walnut v3 though).
    thanks

3. Themilkman46290
    Sure, if you do get another player, and you want to keep the diy possibilities, I can fully suggest the zishan z3 but I read allot of people have problems with Walnut v3 ( I almost bought it too)
    Here's a pic 15378764210274615354253414980110.jpg

trellus, DBaldock9 and simko like this.
  4. simko
    Thanks for the picture, im going to look through my scrap leather and see if i have anything large enough to make a case.
    To be honest, read the initial part of the walnut v2 thread and chose it because it was cheap, seems to be of good quality, and that is it. I dont have the discerning ear that a lot of people on this site seem to have, i listen to podcasts and music using cheap earbuds such as the magnetic ones from amazon, cheap phillips brand earbuds from discount stores (winners, marshalls) and some cheap iems that i bought from aliexpress. I'm not exactly sure what kind of DIY mods people are doing to the walnut, i would love to learn about that but not sure where a beginner can start learning about those mods. I don't even know if i would benefit from those mods

5. simko
    Anyone know if there were ever any firmware updates for this? My walnut is the 3 button version if it matters.

williamclarkonet likes this.
  6. DBaldock9
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  7. simko
    Hi David, thanks for this! Just requested to join the group, hopefully some info to help me out there

DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. yangian
    I use NX1 with V2S and they work much better for low impedance IEMs.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  9. aspire5550
    No hiss when you use the NX1 through V2S?

what if i use V2S with my laptop. will I hear hiss when using low impedence IEM?

10. yangian
    Normal hiss. No serious. I didn't try V2S as amplifier for laptop. But I try it for certain DAC and It's fine. I don't use it for its high Z impedance.

11. aspire5550
    I plan to use it as a dac/amp from my laptop, will there be a problem?

12. Taishaku
    I use my V2s mainly as an amp for my laptop and can say I have no problems at all - its excellent IMO. It sounds great, no issues at all. I do use Equalizer APO and Foobar as well on my laptop. FYI, the V2s actually functions in two ways when used with a computer/laptop. Option 1. Using the line input (3.5mm lead from laptop to V2s). Option 2. As a sound card (overriding the laptop sound card) via the USB cable provided. Option 1 works best, perfect. Option 2 'crackles and pops' intermittently which spoils the sound. Using option 2, it charges and acts as a sound card simultaneously - it downloads a driver first time you connect it. I find option 1 the best choice for my laptop. I use Superlux HD668B and Philips SHE3590BK.

Rgds T

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  13. yangian
    I would say NO

14. aspire5550
    I just got a Zishan Z2, is it normal to observe some delay when watching video/movies from my laptop?

15. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    Made a Walnut with ROE EK series audio caps, Rubycon ZL filter cap, AD825 opamp and Alps potentiometer.

SAM_1222.jpg

First

Back
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
233 234 235 236 237
Next

Last