W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Dec 3, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #3,631 of 3,914
  The new Wu album is not in my top 10 for this year ^^ that album is my number 1 though

^
Welp that just goes to show ya' how bad of a taste you have in muzik kami, i know it's a hard thing to say but someone gots to say it. It's for your own good in the end meng.
smile_phones.gif

Th beats, hooks, flow and production even the mastering of that album in nowhere hear top shelve quality tbh.

Run the Jewels 2 still is the one to beat. But oh wait.............
......you don't play Bball so you wouldn't understand kami. : P

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #3,632 of 3,914
Run The Jewels sounded like a** Nothing but fast rhyming and signal-tone beats.

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,634 of 3,914
yeh, i peeped that new wu last night and it was just so so.  i've listened to like 10 of the 15 tracks thus far.  i bobbed my head a little bit, but it didnt make me go buckwild or do any headspins or nuthin.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #3,637 of 3,914
another bump for this, actual Presto discs incoming.
Two in one here, mainly posting the first, but the second grooves.

Presto - "Conquer Mentally" and "On"

I'll fire this up also

Main Source -  " Faking the Funk "

sure another why not

Sadat X " I Know This Game "

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,638 of 3,914
^
Welp new Lupe album is dropping soon, but not sure how i really feel about it. Will most likely not buy since his past two albums i bought in support but had very little long term replay value. The Cool is still his best for me and is truly a mature classic.

.... "so sad cuz the pizza man don't screw with us no more" line has me dying every time. LMAO

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #3,639 of 3,914
Some more worthy Nerdcore

Star Wars track :0

Dr. Awkward - " It's A Trap! "

Random ( Mega Ran ) and Lost Perception  ( Final Fantasy 7 rap Remix )  "Avalanche"

Schaeffer The Darklord " The Opener "

Put this next one up before

Kabuto the Python "The Guest List "  ( about 20+ nerdcore guests )

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #3,640 of 3,914
What up guys,

After a long hiatus from Head-Fi, I'm back with an open mind -- especially because the hip-hop scene has been thriving beyond my expectations lately. Since I got some time now, I'm going to check out every suggestion on this thread as an inspiration to better my art.

What can I say? I missed this deeply, haha.

With that, here's Kendrick's latest, untitled track debut on The Colbert Report. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

EDIT: the other YT footage has been removed. skip to 4:07.

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #3,641 of 3,914
  What up guys,

After a long hiatus from Head-Fi, I'm back with an open mind -- especially because the hip-hop scene has been thriving beyond my expectations lately. Since I got some time now, I'm going to check out every suggestion on this thread as an inspiration to better my art.

What can I say? I missed this deeply, haha.

With that, here's Kendrick's latest, untitled track debut on The Colbert Report. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

EDIT: Better quality.

^
you're telling me, feel the same way of late cuz been on my Korean Hip Hop swag for a longgggggg minute now but only recently has the American hip hop scene picked up enough steam to make me listen to new releases of late. Hip hop in the states is FINALLY getting mo' interesting/ towards the right direction again after many years of detours. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WE EATING GUD AGAIN!!!

LoL when will Kdots songs EVER not have strange voices/sounds in them???
rolleyes.gif

Great song though, and his beat choice is always on point it seems.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #3,642 of 3,914
King Pheenix ( ft Dale Chase ) " Bottle It "

King Pheenix " Fighter "

His albums are free BTW.

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #3,644 of 3,914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV6y0Zj05NI

Somehow I felt obligated to share this here, though I doubt most people here are going to really get anything out of it.

A young Finnish rapper made a song about headphones. Everything mentioned, from Koss being pretty much the best value for money (SR-60's not mentioned, sadly) to Beats being decent but overpriced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIvJwJDqHBw

A second one from the same guy, which you should be able to enjoy even if you don't understand the lyrics, just because the beat is so freakin' good.

And no, I'm not him, or anyone in any way connected to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back