VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Apr 30, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #1,051 of 1,164
Vsonic recently refreshed the VSD3S to the New VSD3S.

I wonder if the New VSD5S will be a bigger change since they added the S moniker at the end. The VSD3S is, I believe, slightly flatter in the mids and lower in the bass over the VSD3. So we'll se if the same type of change will happen for the VSD5S, or if they just added it to further avoid confusion with the original VSD5.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,053 of 1,164
I kind of hope so, one the one hand I really like the VSD5 for its really fast, snappy sound, but the recent Vsonic trend of tissy/peaky upper treble is kind of getting a bit annoying for me, So I would really like a more upper-mid focused version.

May 1, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #1,055 of 1,164
I must say, after listening to many iems, I keep on gravitating towards vsonic as the earphones that give me the most satisfaction. Their sound signature fits me apparently as a glove. VSD3S rekindled last january my interest in headphones after some disappointments. GR07 brought an improvement and the confirmation that in ears can be as great as over ears. The only thing I'm struggling with is getting accustomed to a sound signature. So I keep my iems on some kind of a rotation and buy new iems on a regular basis hoping to find the iem that my brain won't get accustomed to (keep on dreaming)... This is the reason why we all suffer from upgraditis.

I'm listening to my VSD3S (not the new one) and enjoying it a lot. Incredible what these gems do for just 30$. I'm very curious to know how the new VSD5S will compare to VSD3S and GR07. If they're an upgrade to the GR07 I won't be able to retain myself. I got to find a way to hide this addiction from my family. :wink:

May 24, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,059 of 1,164
When are vsonic vsd5s new expected to be available for purchase for consumers (via lendmeurears / Amazon / eBay etc)?
smily_headphones1.gif

Penon, a respected shop, has them in their product line-up: http://nl.aliexpress.com/store/product/VSONIC-NEW-VSD5S-Dynamic-Driver-High-Fidelity-IEMs-Inner-Ear-Earphone/1994049_32660207442.html?storeId=1994049

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,064 of 1,164
When are vsonic vsd5s new expected to be available for purchase for consumers (via lendmeurears / Amazon / eBay etc)?
smily_headphones1.gif

I received mine yesterday. been putting brief impressions in the VSD3s thread.

ive gradually worked my way up the revised VSD family , really enjoy Vsonics SQ, lots of attack and detail, but also with a pretty great soundstage, thought the VSD3s' came close to the Havi B3 pro1's in these respects.

but the VSD5s blow them out the water, massive airy soundstage, with deep punchy bass. seriously amazing earphones. plugged them into my xDuoo X2 yesterday and walked home from work with a massive grin on my face. ordered them less than a week ago from china , £50. job done.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,065 of 1,164
I've taken an interest into this earphone. Where can I buy the VSD5S, since it's slowly becoming released? Aliexpress? The seller "Bright Audio" has the VSD5S in stock but I doubt his authenticity.
Also, I assume that the VSD5 is mostly superior to the GR07 in regards to having an analytical signature. I own a Havi B3 Pro 1 and I want something more revealing, less organic and more analytical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back