VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Dec 21, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,021 of 1,164

I saw your review before buying  btw :p
Those are way too expensive, was looking more in the house of 50-60$ plus shipping and i don't need the mic
I like sweet balanced sounds, with a touch on bass, with good isolation

thanks!

hm.... for 50-60$. I would say ttpod t1e? provided you can get a good fit, or brainwavz s0?

depending on your region (maybe the sennheiser cx 3.00 or 5.00) those are all warmer tilted earphones with a dark treble

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #1,022 of 1,164

thanks!

hm.... for 50-60$. I would say ttpod t1e? provided you can get a good fit, or brainwavz s0?

depending on your region (maybe the sennheiser cx 3.00 or 5.00) those are all warmer tilted earphones with a dark treble

ttpod t1e, since i have a weird ear shape (i think) i better not risk with that design

Between brainwavz s0 and the sennheiser, i don't know, but i am quite willing to give a bit more to get CX3.00 if its worth it.

In my country(Portugal), i can get CX 3.00 for about 35-45€ and the 5.00 for more than 65€...
I have heard really good stuff about the bass on the sennheiser cx 300II, the previous generation.
am going to start reading reviews and such about it

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #1,023 of 1,164

I saw your review before buying  btw :p
Those are way too expensive, was looking more in the house of 50-60$ plus shipping and i don't need the mic
I like sweet balanced sounds, with a touch on bass, with good isolation

Zero Audio Tenore (maybe Basso, i haven't heard that) nice warm but balanced sound still with decent detail, a little bassy from what I remember. Build quality is a little ehhhhhhh.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,026 of 1,164
The vsd5... Is a mess.

I own a pair and ive been unable to get proper isolation with them, the bass constantly invades the midragne, they are fuzzy and vailed and they are truly some of the worst iems ive owned.

Add insult to injury the store wont take returns on iems due to higine reasons... To add further insult i also ordered the zero audio tenores, they make the vsd5 look like china shop shony brand headphones for half the price.

Never touching a vsonic product again.

But on the bright side (no pun intended) the treble and sibilance becomes more xontrolled after around 40 hours of burn in.

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #1,028 of 1,164
The vsd5... Is a mess.

I own a pair and ive been unable to get proper isolation with them, the bass constantly invades the midragne, they are fuzzy and vailed and they are truly some of the worst iems ive owned.

Add insult to injury the store wont take returns on iems due to higine reasons... To add further insult i also ordered the zero audio tenores, they make the vsd5 look like china shop shony brand headphones for half the price.

Never touching a vsonic product again.

But on the bright side (no pun intended) the treble and sibilance becomes more xontrolled after around 40 hours of burn in.

I think the isolation is well above average, but i completely agree on how the low frequencies are much better than the rest of the spectrum...
These should be much higher quality for the price... you can see, even by the reviews, the build quality is bad, users already reported not working after few weeks...
I fortunately managed to return mine, sorry everyone, i know its hard :/

Well, si

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,031 of 1,164
  Friend's vsd5 broke near the plug so first attempted to solder a new plug however wasn't getting anything from the left signal wire so that means that wire has been damaged. I kept snipping off more of the cable but still no sound and gave up because i will remove a considerable amount before I remove off the damaged wire and get a signal. Eventually I gave up and decided to throw in mmcx connectors to make them removable cable like the vsd3.

tldr: Cable broke, converted to mmcx removable cable design 

fancy cable attached 

I noticed with the stock Shure cable the treble peak is smoothed out a bit, will need more testing 

i owned a pair of vsd3s with non-removable cable. Recently, the stock cable starts to wear out and loosing sound so I was finding solutions to convert to mmcx connector like shure/westone; however, I don't see much results about converting to mmcx connector. I was wondering wear did you gather your materials and how did you convert it? (like opening up the housing and so.)

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #1,034 of 1,164
It do really sound like sony ex1000.....and headstage is better than ex1000

What i didnt like was ex1000 was able to separate the instruments

Which vsd5 isnt capable

I keep thinking of a scene in firefly where Jane gives a speech and the captain is like "That wasn't ...that..bad"

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,035 of 1,164
Hi guys,

Unfortunately my favorite VSD5 just broke a few days ago. The driver died in the right housing.
I was wondering this could be a very good opportunity to customize the dead version a little. I wnated to upgrade it to a replacable cord anyway.
My only problem is that I cannot really figure out, what type of driver is in it. Is it something you can order from ebay (or maybe ali)? can someone give me some hints, or links, whihc one would be equal to the factory driver?

Or simply buying a new one would be a much easier choice ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back