VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,006 of 1,164
Subbed. Very satisfied user here. I saw some people here use Klipsch tips, but personally, I love them with wide bore tips.
So far, they are holding up really well. I'd prolly change the plug later to a neutrik or viablue.. . Something more substantial...

Bottom line: No bad. Not bad AT ALL.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,008 of 1,164
I just recently got my order delivered from lend me ur ears. Initial impressions were positive. Sufficiently wide sounstage, good bass impact, great isolation, lots & lots of details.Though I feel the Treble to be harsh and a little more bass wouldn't harm, overall its $ well spent :) 

I find little trouble in getting the right fix on my ears but hoping to get used to it soon as my previous ones were on ears mostly.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,009 of 1,164
  I just recently got my order delivered from lend me ur ears. Initial impressions were positive. Sufficiently wide sounstage, good bass impact, great isolation, lots & lots of details.Though I feel the Treble to be harsh and a little more bass wouldn't harm, overall its $ well spent :) 

I find little trouble in getting the right fix on my ears but hoping to get used to it soon as my previous ones were on ears mostly.

my sentiments exactly! sufficiently wide sound stage is  good term for it.

its not as wide as say the havi b3 pro 1 projects or the dunu titan 1,

but considering that its almost entirely closed (that tiny pinhole exempted) its a great package to take along on your commute.

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,011 of 1,164
They have better soundstaging and imaging than the GR07 I'd say, the GR07 are wide, but kind of diffuse and not too deep. However for my money the GR07 overall have a more refined sound overall. The VSD5 are basically a bit too bright and sharp for my tastes (as the Sony EX1000 also tend to be described). However they are both competent in their different presentations.

To simplify:

GR07 - Bass and lower treble (6K) emphasis, great, crackly non-fatiguing texture, quite intimate and wide presentation.
VSD5 - Bass and 10K emphasis, slightly more prominent treble, quite airy and spacious, fairly sharp and edgy sound/texture.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,013 of 1,164
if you listen to dance EDM genre i wouldn't recommend the vsd5,they have tight midbass,slightly harsh treble,wide soundstage slightly sibilant to my ears.Overall great earphone the price,i feel the vsd5 are more comfortable than my fidue a73.They lack the resolution,subbass,treble detail of the fidue.VSD5 are more source dependent than fidue,if your source is bad vsd5 will make it worse

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #1,014 of 1,164
they are absolutly unusable with YP-Q3

and with the clip they sound somewhat flat. 

They are sibilant and somewhat uncontrolled... i think that the best definition is for the VSD5 is the GR07´s alcoholic brother. 

Unfortunatly the store i got them from does not take returns on IEMS due to hygiene reasons. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,015 of 1,164

They are sibilant and somewhat uncontrolled... i think that the best definition is for the VSD5 is the GR07´s alcoholic brother. 

Unfortunatly the store i got them from does not take returns on IEMS due to hygiene reasons. 

This is quite surprising to me as I did not find them to be that sibilant, and definitely smoother than the GR07. May be they are just not for your preferences. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,016 of 1,164

I felt the same way initially, but got it sorted after rotating the tips and some hours of burn in. The sibilance is still there but not uncomfortable enough, may be I got used to it. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,018 of 1,164
Ok, am going to be honest, after i tried them on, i was very disappointed, the tremble on some songs are seriously harsh, they almost hurt if the volume is high, the bass on the same volume, is sweet and smooth but the high frequencies (the vocals primarily).
Example, Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, around 3:18 (FLAC version, obviously), when the secondary singer says galileo, this is one of the moments that i really have to turn down the volume(from 38 to 28 on windows) else it hurts. Then i have to turn up to hear the rest .... its disappointing.
How come nobody rants about this?? Maybe i got defect phones?
I mean if i listen for exemple led zeppelin whole lotta love i can really hear the some really improvements over my other pair of Soundmagic E10S, but then again, some parts of the song... hurts.
On the plus side, i hear a lot of details, sounds that were on the song that i didn't even knew that existed, quite good isolation too.

Am going to try and return them. Meanwhile i will try to see if i adapt/burn in(myth, or not, who knows).

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #1,019 of 1,164
  Ok, am going to be honest, after i tried them on, i was very disappointed, the tremble on some songs are seriously harsh, they almost hurt if the volume is high, the bass on the same volume, is sweet and smooth but the high frequencies (the vocals primarily).
Example, Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, around 3:18 (FLAC version, obviously), when the secondary singer says galileo, this is one of the moments that i really have to turn down the volume(from 38 to 28 on windows) else it hurts. Then i have to turn up to hear the rest .... its disappointing.
How come nobody rants about this?? Maybe i got defect phones?
I mean if i listen for exemple led zeppelin whole lotta love i can really hear the some really improvements over my other pair of Soundmagic E10S, but then again, some parts of the song... hurts.
On the plus side, i hear a lot of details, sounds that were on the song that i didn't even knew that existed, quite good isolation too.

Am going to try and return them. Meanwhile i will try to see if i adapt/burn in(myth, or not, who knows).

no defect... that's just the sound signature for the vsd5 (its not meant to be used at high volumes).

its meant to be used at low to moderate volumes

yes I find the treble a bit harsh, with a bit more edge then I prefer, but that's what gives it the detail that your hearing.

you probably need to stay away from vsonic earphones in general (because in my experience with the vsd3s, vsd5, vsonic gr07be) they all have a somewhat "harsh" treble in some degree or another.

you need to look for something dark sounding, maybe the nuforce ne800m

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #1,020 of 1,164

no defect... that's just the sound signature for the vsd5 (its not meant to be used at high volumes).

its meant to be used at low to moderate volumes

yes I find the treble a bit harsh, with a bit more edge then I prefer, but that's what gives it the detail that your hearing.

you probably need to stay away from vsonic earphones in general (because in my experience with the vsd3s, vsd5, vsonic gr07be) they all have a somewhat "harsh" treble in some degree or another.

you need to look for something dark sounding, maybe the nuforce ne800m

I saw your review before buying  btw :p
Those are way too expensive, was looking more in the house of 50-60$ plus shipping and i don't need the mic
I like sweet balanced sounds, with a touch on bass, with good isolation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back