VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jan 11, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #1,966 of 2,003
Im not sure but probably from : http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-VSD1-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380663160633. It seems i have lost somewhere box and guaranty papers. In fact ive bought them a year ago, but didnt use them until couple of months ago. Maybe something went wrong with banana connector, maybe to solder another connector?

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,967 of 2,003
Im not sure but probably from : http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-VSD1-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380663160633. It seems i have lost somewhere box and guaranty papers. In fact ive bought them a year ago, but didnt use them until couple of months ago. Maybe something went wrong with banana connector, maybe to solder another connector?

Your purchase detail/order confirmation thru email is enough for proof of purchase than physical box or warranty paper.....I wld say chk with them first for any possible solution if its just past a month or so.....

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,968 of 2,003
In most cases they wont ask for a box or warranty papers - date of purchase is in their system and this is the main proof of purchase/warranty.
And in some cases they extend warranty time. I had a case with MP4Nation, when my iems were out of warranty a few days, but they exchanged them. God, bless MP4Nation!

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,969 of 2,003
are the v1ds better then the pistons 2.1

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #1,971 of 2,003
I am using the new version from LUME.

Curious about seal, I found the stock tips most comfortable and provided a pretty good seal. I only use these at the gym and don't like my volume over 60% with iems.. (I get bad ear fatigue) and was wondering if comply tips were better?

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #1,972 of 2,003
After about 5 months and nearly half a dozen emails asking them what's going on, I got a replacement to my faulty VSD1S via BigBargainOnline (ebay). Considering I still had to pay to ship them to China, this was in no way worth the effort/time. I ended up having to buy replacement headphones in the meantime since it was unclear if I'd ever hear back from them.

Anyway, I've been using the replacements they sent (with the updated snake cable) for about 4 months before one of the ears went out. This is the third Vsonic earphone to fail at the plug. I've never had this problem with other headphones. Why would they go to the length of updating the cable without updating the pathetic strain relief?

I've loved how all the VSonics have sounded, but I'm sick of buying a new pair every few weeks/months. The alternatives I bought (Shure SE215) aren't breaking anytime soon, but they're way too bulky to carry around in my pocket...which usually means I just take my portable cans. Sennheiser CX300's fit the bill perfectly, I just thought they sounded subpar.

p.s. I've failed both times I tried to solder a replacement tip. The cables are just too tiny, and the probability of getting a short too high. I'm sure it's possible with defter hands, but really, save your sanity.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #1,973 of 2,003
  After about 5 months and nearly half a dozen emails asking them what's going on, I got a replacement to my faulty VSD1S via BigBargainOnline (ebay). Considering I still had to pay to ship them to China, this was in no way worth the effort/time. I ended up having to buy replacement headphones in the meantime since it was unclear if I'd ever hear back from them.

Anyway, I've been using the replacements they sent (with the updated snake cable) for about 4 months before one of the ears went out. This is the third Vsonic earphone to fail at the plug. I've never had this problem with other headphones. Why would they go to the length of updating the cable without updating the pathetic strain relief?

I've loved how all the VSonics have sounded, but I'm sick of buying a new pair every few weeks/months. The alternatives I bought (Shure SE215) aren't breaking anytime soon, but they're way too bulky to carry around in my pocket...which usually means I just take my portable cans. Sennheiser CX300's fit the bill perfectly, I just thought they sounded subpar.

p.s. I've failed both times I tried to solder a replacement tip. The cables are just too tiny, and the probability of getting a short too high. I'm sure it's possible with defter hands, but really, save your sanity.

you can buy the MEElectronics m6 for half of the 215 and imo sounds better

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #1,974 of 2,003
Those look like a really good value. Unfortunately, the 215's have taught me that I prefer cable-down designs and find the permanent cable guide too bulky.

For $10, the first-gen MEElectronics M9 looks like a good value, but it's unclear whether I'd prefer its sound to my CX300's. I liked both the GR02BE and the VSD1S much better, though slightly preferred the latter. Oh well.

May 8, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,977 of 2,003
i am bummed out right now. bought vsd1s from amazon and got opened it to try it and the right ear bud is dead, no sound. also noticed the plastic vsnonic label fell from the cable which makes me think i got a fake unit. i got it from http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=103-0145964-0545827&seller=A73Z6Y88JZJ7W&sshmPath= 

"Lend Me UR ears Singapore"

do you guys know a solid seller? i want to buy a legit one.

May 8, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,978 of 2,003
i am bummed out right now. bought vsd1s from amazon and got opened it to try it and the right ear bud is dead, no sound. also noticed the plastic vsnonic label fell from the cable which makes me think i got a fake unit. i got it from http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=103-0145964-0545827&seller=A73Z6Y88JZJ7W&sshmPath= 

It's a legit reseller. You must of just got a bad one. I got my from the same reseller

May 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,979 of 2,003

LMUE is a trusted seller in our community,and sells legit ones.....so you can send them an email and you shd be good.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,980 of 2,003
I am now on my second go at the VSD1s and again after 6 months I have driver failure.  The first pair I returned to amazon for a replacement.  This pair I have not attempted to return yet.  Both failures I would say are a result of driver flex.  The driver flex causes complete sound loss from any time i move my jaw.  I am going to try sucking the drivers back into place but I don't expect much.

I really enjoyed the sound quality and the fit, but durability is ruining it for me.  Now i need to find a IEM with the same sound but better build quality for under $100,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back