VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,981 of 2,003
    The driver flex causes complete sound loss from any time i move my jaw.  I am going to try sucking the drivers back into place but I don't expect much.

I really enjoyed the sound quality and the fit, but durability is ruining it for me.  Now i need to find a IEM with the same sound but better build quality for under $100,

My  VSD1s works but i notice that my left ear bud, the nozzle is too loose now after 1 year. I'm consider the M6 Pro when my VSD1s dies. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,985 of 2,003
  I have not found a clear answer.How is the isolation? from 1 to 10

for me, it's between a 5-6. I tried some sony hybrids and they were better, but it's still a 5-6 with or without it IMO.

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #1,987 of 2,003
Folks - 
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I just got the VSD1S IEM's based on Head-FI reviews and I am very impressed!  I own Shure SE215's and countless sub-$50 IEM's, and am currently using the Samsung Note 5 as my most frequently used source running FLAC files.  The VSD1S IEM's are extremely comfortable and while I understand that they are more flat in responses then their VSD1 relatives, I find mine to easily be the most extended low freq IEM's that I've used.  I find them to be very articulate, and I am hearing aspects of my favorite tracks that I've never heard before.  All for $38 at Amazon.  Amazing!

The box that they came in looks different than the most recent pix in this thread, and they do have the newer cable style.  They did not come with the clip and over-ear gadgets that I've seen in previous posts.  I do find them to be typically microphonic, so that clip or over ear things might be helpful when active.

Do you folks use those over-ear things, or do you just wrap the wire over your ears to manage microphonics?  I understand that these earpieces are supposed to pivot, but mine appear to be rather stuck in the position that enables wearing the cables straight down.  Have you folks experienced pivot joints in these IEMs that are very resistant to re-positioning?

Thanks again for being pointed in the right direction with these!

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,988 of 2,003
I'd like to try wearing them over-ear, but I've got some questions:

- Do I need to buy the over-ear clips to wear over ear, or do I just wrap the cable over the top of my ear?
- When wearing over-ear, do I need to swap left for right in order to get the proper orientation for inserting in my ears?
- To wear over-ear, I will probably need to swivel the nozzles, right?  If so, the nozzles on my VSD1S's are very stiff.  Any chance of breaking them if I have to man-handle them into a new position?

Thanks in advance!!

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #1,991 of 2,003
Had a chance to buy a pair for $9 but i didn't because head-fi was unavailable. Only review i could find was saying it has so much sibilance. Now they are out of stock. 
frown.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1,992 of 2,003
  Had a chance to buy a pair for $9 but i didn't because head-fi was unavailable. Only review i could find was saying it has so much sibilance. Now they are out of stock. 
frown.gif

If anyone ever sees these buds for $9, please give the rest of us a shout!
These buds are amazing and I'd buy a few pair at that price for sure.

Regarding over-ear use, I wrote to the seller and they supplied the over-ear "guides" that did not come in my box, plus the missing foam tips and shirt clip as well.  Good company.
These buds are very comfortable over-ear and they have 0% microphonic line noise when worn that way.

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,993 of 2,003

If anyone ever sees these buds for $9, please give the rest of us a shout!
These buds are amazing and I'd buy a few pair at that price for sure.

Regarding over-ear use, I wrote to the seller and they supplied the over-ear "guides" that did not come in my box, plus the missing foam tips and shirt clip as well.  Good company.
These buds are very comfortable over-ear and they have 0% microphonic line noise when worn that way.

Cheers dude.

I found this forum, while searching for reviews.

jd.com offers it for 14$ with a promo code  http://en.jd.com/product/727556.html

Bought there once some xiaomi pistons and these were original.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,994 of 2,003
  Cheers dude.

I found this forum, while searching for reviews.

jd.com offers it for 14$ with a promo code  http://en.jd.com/product/727556.html

Bought there once some xiaomi pistons and these were original.

Thanks Badge-Dog.
That site looks a bit shady, but I went ahead and tried to order.
The "Create New Account" functionality is broken.
Tried it a number of times/ways.  No dice.
Oh well...

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #1,995 of 2,003

The driver flex causes complete sound loss from any time i move my jaw.  I am going to try sucking the drivers back into place but I don't expect much.

I really enjoyed the sound quality and the fit, but durability is ruining it for me.  Now i need to find a IEM with the same sound but better build quality for under $100,

My  VSD1s works but i notice that my left ear bud, the nozzle is too loose now after 1 year. I'm consider the M6 Pro when my VSD1s dies. 

If the M6 ( meelectronics?) Pro is anything like the M6 sport, you will be very disappointed. There's NO comparison with the Vsonic stuff.

Honestly, my M6 sport sounded like a pound shop bud with added bass bloat. Utterly rubbish.

Look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back