VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 26, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,955 of 2,003
  Quick question: Is the lettering painted or engraved? Have anybody managed to remove the comic sans letters? sanding perhaps?

It is painted/printed on (not engraved). Mine has faded a bit.

Sanding would remove the horizontal parallel grooves.
Perhaps something like paint thinner would work? Though I do not know if it will damage the plastic

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #1,958 of 2,003
A friend of mine liked the sound of my vsd3s but he wanted to pay less than 40$ so I ordered a vsd1s at lendmeurears for him. If he doesn't like I'll keep them for sure but I always thought the letters made the vsonic look weird.

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #1,959 of 2,003
A friend of mine liked the sound of my vsd3s but he wanted to pay less than 40$ so I ordered a vsd1s at lendmeurears for him. If he doesn't like I'll keep them for sure but I always thought the letters made the vsonic look weird.

Will be very helpful for us if you post a picture of it?......

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,961 of 2,003
I got the vsd1s from lendmeurears today: excellent service as usual. 

The R letter came out pretty easy only rubbing the headphones with my hands, I'll try different concentrations of acetone to remove the lettering and not voiding the warranty in the process. The snake-like cable looks nice (I haven't test them in the field to give a more concise answer) but the vs3s cable feels more manageable and is thicker in comparison, however, I vastly prefer the vsd1s 90degree angled plug.

For some reason I imagined the vsd1 bigger, they're so small next to the vsd3, the nozzle system is interesting but the IEMs never touch any part of my ears so there's no need for it, at least for me. Maybe people with small ears might find it useful.
I don't know why, there is no synergy between any vsonic model and my iphone 4s, they sound a lot better with my nexus 4, that never happened before with any other headphones, but I can't really complain. I never listen music critically with IEMs so as long as the frequency is coherent and they're comfortable I have no complains. My HF5 is the winner in clarity anyway :) 

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #1,962 of 2,003
I got the vsd1s from lendmeurears today: excellent service as usual. 

The R letter came out pretty easy only rubbing the headphones with my hands, I'll try different concentrations of acetone to remove the lettering and not voiding the warranty in the process. The snake-like cable looks nice (I haven't test them in the field to give a more concise answer) but the vs3s cable feels more manageable and is thicker in comparison, however, I vastly prefer the vsd1s 90degree angled plug.

For some reason I imagined the vsd1 bigger, they're so small next to the vsd3, the nozzle system is interesting but the IEMs never touch any part of my ears so there's no need for it, at least for me. Maybe people with small ears might find it useful.
I don't know why, there is no synergy between any vsonic model and my iphone 4s, they sound a lot better with my nexus 4, that never happened before with any other headphones, but I can't really complain. I never listen music critically with IEMs so as long as the frequency is coherent and they're comfortable I have no complains. My HF5 is the winner in clarity anyway :) 

How did you try wearing 1S?....and why did you want to remove the letter embossing?yes the nozzle is on their flagship GRO7s (vsd1LE)and its worth having that same swivable nozzle at this price tag tho.....btw,thx for posting the picture but not able to see the lettering removed due to the flash......

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,963 of 2,003
How did you try wearing 1S?....and why did you want to remove the letter embossing?yes the nozzle is on their flagship GRO7s (vsd1LE)and its worth having that same swivable nozzle at this price tag tho.....btw,thx for posting the picture but not able to see the lettering removed due to the flash......

Funny thing, only the right side has the letters, the left one doesn't have anything at all. I think I am a weird OCD person: like to keep things clean and never found the letters to be of my liking but now that I see them in person, they don't look as bad as I thought, maybe I won't do anything and keep the warranty intact :)
I kind of like the treble of the vsd1s, it's a hair softer than the vsd3s, 

About the nozzle, I hope to get a vsdXs (non-real model) in the future with the swivable nozzle system. Ironically I bought the vsd1s for somebody else but I don't think I will let them go. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back