VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #1,877 of 2,003
I find it curious that there are so many failures occurring if for no other reason than I found myself with a failed set of iems. They are a wonderful sounding iem, perhaps the best I've owned, but I can't bring myself to purchase another set when their quality is questionable. 

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1,879 of 2,003
Yeah screw it. I loved these things, but I need something tougher. MHA750 or DN1000 here I come?

you might wanna take a look at these.......half the price of dn1k!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/new-t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,880 of 2,003
Emergency!! My right driver casing fell apart after a month of use. Even my 10 buck sony iems never did that QQ

Not n issue,as long as the driver is intact and in working order. good bonding is easy with little care and patience. Hmm I thought the cable might bite its dust,the very first,when I received mine but looks like the shell?to you.
Oh boy, hope mine just wont put me down after I post this comment......:wink_face:

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #1,883 of 2,003
Ok....just check with your seller/dealer detailing about current situation....I think they might help you as the shell is'nt broken but came apart due to bad assembly........if its still under warranty. Brainwavz BETA (prior 2013) had this same issues shells coming apart and vibrations etc.....

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #1,884 of 2,003
Just ordered the VSD1S in what sounds like basically new condition from another head-fier for $30. Looking forward to trying these out.

*They arrived this afternoon and I've had them in for about 3 hours and wow I'm really enjoying them. I can't believe I only paid $30 for what I'm hearing. I've never owned decent IEMs before so these will be a nice on the go pair. I can't exactly throw my HE400 in my book bag like I will be with these!

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #1,885 of 2,003
Ugh. I'm sick of IEMs with cheap jacks. I barely had the VSD1S for 30 days and one of the channels is shot. Considering they're about $40, it's not going to be worth the cost/trouble of sending them back to HK, assuming the ebay seller is even willing. Same thing happened to my GR02 bass editions (though it took them a bit longer). I loved the sound of both (preferred the VSD1S), but I'm done with Vsonic and their POS cables.

Speaking of, can anyone suggest a more rugged alternative to the VSD1S?

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #1,886 of 2,003
  Ugh. I'm sick of IEMs with cheap jacks. I barely had the VSD1S for 30 days and one of the channels is shot. Considering they're about $40, it's not going to be worth the cost/trouble of sending them back to HK, assuming the ebay seller is even willing. Same thing happened to my GR02 bass editions (though it took them a bit longer). I loved the sound of both (preferred the VSD1S), but I'm done with Vsonic and their POS cables.

Speaking of, can anyone suggest a more rugged alternative to the VSD1S?

funny,
biggrin.gif
none of my iems have jacks 

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,888 of 2,003
ha ha, yes amazing how the Brit expression "jack plug" has lasted this long.  Even the whole concept of these connectors derived from 19th century telegraph and telephone technology is crazy.

I'll keep on my horse trying to use plug and jack as the male and female parts respectively, although I do understand how twisted the etymology of "jack" has been.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,889 of 2,003
Just ordered a set of these (VSD1S) from lendmeurears, are there any precautions to take to prevent the failures mentioned here?

Has anyone warrantied anything through this shop successfully?

If I can get 12 months out of them I'd be happy, but it sounds like people have had failures much sooner.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,890 of 2,003
I ended up packing up my broken earphones in a <1 oz envelope and returning them to HK for $6 (first class international, USPS). When (if?) I get my replacement, I was thinking about going to town with some heat shrink tubing, but I'd also like to hear if anyone has other recommendations.

As far as warranty, I would guess lendmeurears would be more reputable than my ebay seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back