VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 31, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #1,892 of 2,003
I ended up packing up my broken earphones in a <1 oz envelope and returning them to HK for $6 (first class international, USPS). When (if?) I get my replacement, I was thinking about going to town with some heat shrink tubing, but I'd also like to hear if anyone has other recommendations.

My thoughts were,take a good flexible electrical wire/mouse cable/usb cable, pull the inner cables out keep the jacket. Now cut the jacket end to end to groove,just like we see it with the ear guides to fit in the vsonic cable.....the jacket shd be more flexible than stiff. I even thought of heat shrink but then thats not reversible,if needs be for some reasons,in future.....

Edit=>>> I have the vsd1LE....btw how do you plan on applying the heat,only at the ends?or throughout?

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #1,893 of 2,003
You can only really do the plug end, to do the drivers you'd have to disconnect them first (I wouldn't bother, sounds risky).

From what I've read here, the failures at the plug are more common anyway. I might just heatshrink that, should be easy enough to carefully cut it off later without damaging anything if a warranty claim is needed. Can anyone recommend any heatshrink that is fairly flexible when dry? Most of my normal heatshrink gets quite rigid once shrunk.

Ideally I'd rather not have to claim warranty (long shipping times) hence this question.

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,894 of 2,003
You can only really do the plug end, to do the drivers you'd have to disconnect them first (I wouldn't bother, sounds risky).

From what I've read here, the failures at the plug are more common anyway. I might just heatshrink that, should be easy enough to carefully cut it off later without damaging anything if a warranty claim is needed.

But you can use a pair of scissors to cut the shrink and insert the cable into it? Yet possible? Im just asking as I never did any DIYs w/heat shrink. Coz I feel the cable throughtout is so slim/thin and im afraid of its life though its good enough....for now so far. :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,895 of 2,003
You can't do that unfortunately, heatshrink needs to be kept intact (i.e. not cut along its horizontal axis) for it to shrink and tighten around the cable. It looks neat when done.

If you slice any wire or tubing horizontally it will look quite messy when attached. What you could do instead is use some self-fusing or self-amalgamating tape from 3M and wrap areas of the cable with it. I forget the exact number but it's something like this:

http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en_GB/ElectricalMkts/ElectricalSupplies/products/electrical-tapes/self-amalgamating-tape/

It sticks only to itself. Might be expensive too.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #1,897 of 2,003
The VSD3S is better in just about every aspect than the VSD1S, so if that's true, the VSD3S is 95% of the GR07 according to that logic... It's a very subjective thing and that's a hard claim to quantify with any objective measurement. I'd put it to you this way. If you want to spend $100 and want a neutral signature with tight bass, get the GR07. If you want to spend 50 and like a more warm and fun signature get the VSD3S. That's the way I'd look at it. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #1,898 of 2,003
You can't do that unfortunately, heatshrink needs to be kept intact (i.e. not cut along its horizontal axis) for it to shrink and tighten around the cable. It looks neat when done.

If you slice any wire or tubing horizontally it will look quite messy when attached. What you could do instead is use some self-fusing or self-amalgamating tape from 3M and wrap areas of the cable with it. I forget the exact number but it's something like this:

http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en_GB/ElectricalMkts/ElectricalSupplies/products/electrical-tapes/self-amalgamating-tape/

It sticks only to itself. Might be expensive too.

Ok...noted....

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #1,899 of 2,003
You think that is true? Jkerl saidn: Overall, the VSD1S offers 90% of the performance of VSonic’s highly-regarded GR07 Bass Edition model at 1/4 the price. Enough said.

I think VSD1-LE is better than 1/1S....and would be close enough to compare with GR07s than 1/1S.....and may be joker's impressions might have changed and given more weightage to LE if he would've given a shot? than 1S.....

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,901 of 2,003
Hey I am in a big problem.My friend gifted me vsd1 bought from lendmeurears some months back.They got stolen in my college.Today I caught the thief but he's denying stealing them and says its his.Is there a way to verify that those are mine ? Like a unique serial number on the earphones etc ? Please let me know asap.I am very troubled by this.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,902 of 2,003
  Hey I am in a big problem.My friend gifted me vsd1 bought from lendmeurears some months back.They got stolen in my college.Today I caught the thief but he's denying stealing them and says its his.Is there a way to verify that those are mine ? Like a unique serial number on the earphones etc ? Please let me know asap.I am very troubled by this.

No serial unless you had the vsd1 limited edition. Otherwise, these aren't common iems and if someone bought them he most likely did a research and will remember everything about it, so ask him where he got them and if he says he doesn't remember or that they were a gift, then just clock the mofo and take them back.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #1,903 of 2,003
  No serial unless you had the vsd1 limited edition. Otherwise, these aren't common iems and if someone bought them he most likely did a research and will remember everything about it, so ask him where he got them and if he says he doesn't remember or that they were a gift, then just clock the mofo and take them back.

LOL!

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #1,904 of 2,003

It's a girl actually.I caught her and her bf listening to some romantic **** on my iem.I cant clock her but will clock the mofo surely.I will update on this on Monday.Thanks kova.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #1,905 of 2,003
  It's a girl actually.I caught her and her bf listening to some romantic **** on my iem.I cant clock her but will clock the mofo surely.I will update on this on Monday.Thanks kova.

Well, then put the bf to sleep and slap the b*tch to stop crying and you take your vsd1. If you want to be a bit more civil about it you can give them time till Monday to provide a paypal copy for the purchase or else (meaning major ass whooping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back