VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
May 15, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #1,866 of 2,003
I ordered mine from Amazon US. They are 49.99 with free shipping. I am such a newbie in this arena! This is my first pair of iem's! I ordered the VSD1S as my preferences lend toward Symphonic and Classical. I was a classical musician for more than 25 years until an accident caused me to be unable to play my instrument (French Horn). I want to be in that orchestra or quartet again, not playing, but listening so a smoother feel should help. I'm sure there are better sets out there, but I'm an old lady on a fixed income. I hope these will be good starters. They will be delivered tomorrow!
ksc75smile.gif

Ravenwood~

May 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,867 of 2,003
  I ordered mine from Amazon US. They are 49.99 with free shipping. I am such a newbie in this arena! This is my first pair of iem's! I ordered the VSD1S as my preferences lend toward Symphonic and Classical. I was a classical musician for more than 25 years until an accident caused me to be unable to play my instrument (French Horn). I want to be in that orchestra or quartet again, not playing, but listening so a smoother feel should help. I'm sure there are better sets out there, but I'm an old lady on a fixed income. I hope these will be good starters. They will be delivered tomorrow!
ksc75smile.gif

Ravenwood~

How are you liking them? They're really great and they really separate sections well in classical pieces. 

Quote:
After only two months of use the right channel of my VSD1S stopped working. I want to say that it plays at very low volume, as if something had stumbled. What do?

Same happened to me except it was the left. Not sure where you ordered from, but I got mine from SoundShiNe via Amazon. I talked to the seller and Amazon about VSonic's warranty instructions ("contact the seller, not us") and even though they were six months old, Amazon fully refunded as a return and gave me free one-day shipping toward a new pair. Just had to send the defective ones back via UPS. I decided to go with the VSD1 this time for a little more boom in the bass.

May 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #1,868 of 2,003
How are you liking them? They're really great and they really separate sections well in classical pieces.

I really like them! Of course, I just got them, so there hasn't been any burn in yet. I'm also playing with the tips trying to figure out just what fit is best for me. I'm leaning toward the foam right now.  This is all new, so its going to take me awhile to get it all straight.
Thanks for the info on the problems with one side going out. It was the same seller at Amazon. The good news is that this is a Prime sale and I paid for a Prime membership. I can return them for an exchange or refund if I notice an issue. Amazon will cover them. I wonder if this seller is storing them in a damp area or something. Seems odd that the problem doesn't occur with all the VSD1S. Oh well...we shall see.
Ravenwood~

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #1,870 of 2,003
almost 9 months with vsd1s,it's great experience to hear some music with this iem,it has a nice sound through almost of the frequencies,but what i like it most is the low section
give a nice rumble,nice bass texture and while i want to hear the drum and bass line of electric bass guitar it was nice to hear (except for blasting double pedal) without sacrificing the detail :D imo.
and this iem is my first step for my iem journey :D,love it very much

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #1,871 of 2,003
Is the gr07 mk2 really a worthwile upgrade to vsd1s considering the price. They claim it has 80% of the gr07's sound, but i have to pay 3x the price. Or should i just be happy with the vsd1 for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back