VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Mar 7, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #1,757 of 2,003
for me, i switched back to the foam. i find the sony hybrid kills the details in the mid and highs, but improves the bass. tho maybe the tips i used was too form fitting? But i do prefer the hybrids over the stock tips because for sum reason, they always fall out of my ears regardless of the size. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,759 of 2,003
  How do these compare with the Sony XBA-1?

I'm mostly thinking about xba1 vs vsd1s. Mostly listening to rock/jazz/funk/blues.

The XBA-1 is a fun iem. Makes for some entertaining rock and handles most acoustic string instruments really well. However, the VSD1 is quite a bit better all around. It'll become easily aparant that the XBA-1 rolls off in the low and high end of songs. The midrange is butter, but no bass impact or sparkly highs. 

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #1,760 of 2,003
Hey guys,

I am quite late to the party but can someone help me about how to buy them in Eu? I don't really like hot treble so probably VSD1S version would be better for me I guess.

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,764 of 2,003
  Thanks for the info guys. I guess there is no item in amazon europe websites. I will try to see what I can do.

LMUE is fine and usually ships the stuff quite promptly and it arrives in less than 10 days to EU. You can get the VSD1/S from headphoniaks if you really want to buy it within EU but I guess you know you will be paying premium as the price will include VAT and you have to pay extra for the UPS shipping http://headphoniaks.com/es/auriculares/56-vsonic-vsd1s-auriculares-iem.html 

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,765 of 2,003
  LMUE is fine and usually ships the stuff quite promptly and it arrives in less than 10 days to EU. You can get the VSD1/S from headphoniaks if you really want to buy it within EU but I guess you know you will be paying premium as the price will include VAT and you have to pay extra for the UPS shipping http://headphoniaks.com/es/auriculares/56-vsonic-vsd1s-auriculares-iem.html 

Thanks mate, this was actually very useful. As usual, in Eu the prices go up thanks to our VAT and all.

I will check and see which one will give a better deal.

Btw, for relaxed treble, stronger bass and midrange which one I should go for. S version or vanilla version?

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,766 of 2,003

Thanks mate, this was actually very useful. As usual, in Eu the prices go up thanks to our VAT and all.

I will check and see which one will give a better deal.

Btw, for relaxed treble, stronger bass and midrange which one I should go for. S version or vanilla version?

Both don't really have that relaxed treble - the Limited Edition does. Here's a very short and compressed comparison between VSD1 and VSD1S I did a while ago http://www.head-fi.org/t/688120/vsonic-vsd1-or-vsd1s#post_9935585 but there are more detailed comparisons somewhere in this thread 

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,767 of 2,003
  Both don't really have that relaxed treble - the Limited Edition does. Here's a very short and compressed comparison between VSD1 and VSD1S I did a while ago http://www.head-fi.org/t/688120/vsonic-vsd1-or-vsd1s#post_9935585 but there are more detailed comparisons somewhere in this thread 

Limited edition? How can I find these ones? I can't find them anywhere apparently.

Thank you for the link, if I can't get the limited edition ones, I think I will order the one without S. The one with the S might be too flat for me. I want something to use in the gym, stronger bass would be helpful.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #1,768 of 2,003
  Limited edition? How can I find these ones? I can't find them anywhere apparently.

You can find them firmly implanted in my ears every night while I'm sleeping. But I have weapons in my bedroom, so don't get any ideas 
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #1,770 of 2,003

Thank you for the link, if I can't get the limited edition ones, I think I will order the one without S. The one with the S might be too flat for me. I want something to use in the gym, stronger bass would be helpful.

First, headphoniaks had them but sold them all out and then Bigbargainonline had them but only a very limited quantity - there's a reason it's called a Limited edition.
Actually the last time I saw a VSD1LE for sale was probably a month or so ago - a single unit sold on bid by bigbargainonline. 
As far as the bass it's a very small difference between VSD1 and VSD1S - I actually prefer the VSD1S for the gym because its bass is a bit harder hitting than VSD1's even though VSD1 has a slightly bigger mid-bass slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back