VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jan 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,697 of 2,003
You talk about the new pistons by Xiaomi?

Yes sir we are. Amazing $20.00 IEM that runs circles around the VSD1 and VSD1S. Oh and the GR99LE as well.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,698 of 2,003
I have heard many bad reviews about the first version. Many problems with wires. I have heard many bad reviews about the first version. Many problems with wires. Unknown what quality will be a new version.And I fear forgery. VSD1 better than pistons?

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,699 of 2,003
I have heard many bad reviews about the first version. Many problems with wires. I have heard many bad reviews about the first version. Many problems with wires. Unknown what quality will be a new version.And I fear forgery. VSD1 better than pistons?

No!

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,700 of 2,003
Yes sir we are. Amazing $20.00 IEM that runs circles around the VSD1 and VSD1S. Oh and the GR99LE as well.

Please keep in mind that's IEMagnet01's opinion. I haven't heard the Pistons so I can't say.

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,701 of 2,003
Please keep in mind that's IEMagnet01's opinion. I haven't heard the Pistons so I can't say.

I support his opinion regarding the vsd1 and gr99. Haven't heard the vsd1s so cannot comment on those.

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,702 of 2,003

We're not talking the original version. The original version doesn't have the same wire, color, or driver. The driver on the new one is a beryllium driver, gold in color, with Kevlar wires. You must purchase Piston 2.0. The NEW gold version, and there are plenty reputable dealers. You ask and we 'll provide .

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #1,703 of 2,003
We're not talking the original version. The original version doesn't have the same wire, color, or driver. The driver on the new one is a beryllium driver, gold in color, with Kevlar wires. You must purchase Piston 2.0. The NEW gold version, and there are plenty reputable dealers. You ask and we 'll provide .

Good you pointed that out. I see no reason to get the old model.

The 2.0 from Ibuygou that's confirmed legit for usd19 shipped worlwide would be reason enough not to worry about the old model or counterfeits.

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #1,705 of 2,003
i like the foam ones. the rubber/silicon ones falls off easily for me and does not have a good seal. But he foam ones are easier to get dirty so make sure to clean your years often. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,706 of 2,003
The Piston kick the VSD1 and VSD1S around like a puppy who tinkled on the floor. BETCHA LIFE!

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,708 of 2,003
Hello guys,
just wanted to ask what tip out of the ones that come with the vsd1/s do you like the most?

Regards

First thing size, as everybody has different size ear canals but mostly M size fits all. You can mix & match with other IEM's silicone tips like i do from my collections and the fit/sound are tip dependants. The supplied stock foamies are not so good but OK as a free bie and does its job..but its really a serious challenge to me when it comes to replace as the foam will be little/bit more apart from its rubbererized shaft. Other than that its ok as we cant expect comply' quality.So remember to be cautious while removing the stock foams it might as well could possibly rip apart the swivel nozzle over period of time/usage.

Meelec's tips are also alternatives to the stock if you want to giv a shot. Try wider bore tips for more that you would expect from these type of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back