VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jan 13, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #1,681 of 2,003
Hi,

I recently bought Vsonic VSD1 from lendmeurears ... However i was disappointed that the earphones are leaking a lot of sound ... I tried with the different earbuds they send me... But the problem persists..

Is this a one off problem? Any suggestions welcome ... I really love the sound quality of the unit 

Did you try using different tips from diffent iem's you have?

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,682 of 2,003
  Hi,

I recently bought Vsonic VSD1 from lendmeurears ... However i was disappointed that the earphones are leaking a lot of sound ... I tried with the different earbuds they send me... But the problem persists..

Is this a one off problem? Any suggestions welcome ... I really love the sound quality of the unit 

leaking sound? those vsd1 are pretty darn good at isolation. I think maybe bigger tips. Use large if you're using medium, or order Comply olive tips (T series), to improve the seal and thus any leakage. Also maybe listen to your music at lower volumes? 

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,684 of 2,003
  I find the sony hybrids works very well for seal, fit and SQ.    

that's what I used when I had the VSD1 and VSD1S. true all of it. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #1,685 of 2,003
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,686 of 2,003
  Hi,

Did you try to move the nozzle? You can adjust it according to your ear canal canal.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #1,687 of 2,003
Just received my pair of VSD1 in the mail from Amazon.

Ordered from Esther International and shipped from China. Paid over $40 but had a bunch of Amazon gift cards so I didn't mind.

The box they come in is way bigger than needed but glad to see them take pride in their products.

They sound great, tips fit well, although I will most likely use different ones from all of the ones I've accumulated throughout the years.

For less than $50 I can't complain. I use them with my Note 3 and PowerAmp and they do the job. Plenty of bass for my liking.

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #1,688 of 2,003
Did you try to move the nozzle? You can adjust it according to your ear canal canal.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. Now it fits well. But does the headphones leak a lot of sound when played in full volume and not put inside the ear.

It might be stupid. But I don't think there was any sound leaking from my vsonic bass edition like the way I described.

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,689 of 2,003
Just received my pair of VSD1 in the mail from Amazon.

Ordered from Esther International and shipped from China. Paid over $40 but had a bunch of Amazon gift cards so I didn't mind.

The box they come in is way bigger than needed but glad to see them take pride in their products.

They sound great, tips fit well, although I will most likely use different ones from all of the ones I've accumulated throughout the years.

For less than $50 I can't complain. I use them with my Note 3 and PowerAmp and they do the job. Plenty of bass for my liking.

Try using flat and see......before that, give a 100hrs burnin to settle.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,690 of 2,003
I have my VSD1LE up for sale.
They're basically brand new.... I bought the VSD1 and The VSD1LE and preferred the regular VSD1.
I have my own tips so only used my Sony Hybrids, not any of the tips that came with them.

They are still boxed with all accessories and tips, including comply foams etc.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/700110/v-sonic-vsd1-le-limited-edition-number-693

If anyone interested, PM me.
I can also list on ebay if the buyer prefers.... as I say in the listing

I haven't sold on here before so not sure how it works, but I can also sell them on ebay if the buyer prefers?
I've been on ebay for 8 years and have 100% positive feedback.

cheers

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,691 of 2,003
Hi!Tell me please.What do you think is JVC fx3 better than VSonic VSD1.I choose headphones for the price up to 50$. Listen to mostly alternative rock, classic rock, sometimes club music. It all depends on my mood.What other models to look for? Or VSD1 - the best choice? I hope for your help. Thanks.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #1,692 of 2,003
Hi!Tell me please.What do you think is JVC fx3 better than VSonic VSD1.I choose headphones for the price up to 50$. Listen to mostly alternative rock, classic rock, sometimes club music. It all depends on my mood.What other models to look for? Or VSD1 - the best choice? I hope for your help. Thanks.

Yes. VSD1 is your best bet. Pull the trigger on it. Then rock!

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,693 of 2,003

I assume you mean the jvc fx3x. It depends on your preferred sound signature. The fx3x are quite good for the price. Fairly v shaped signature. Very strong bass and forward highs. I like the fx3x bass, but after a while it becomes a bit fatiguing for me. The vsd1 variants are definitely a step up the audiophile scale - much more balanced and refined, and I think that they are very good bang for buck. Also, they are much smaller in the ears, so you can actually lay down with them on.

Another option you might want to look into is the recently super-nova-hyped Pistons for $20-$25. Lots of positive comments in the Discovery thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,694 of 2,003
I assume you mean the jvc fx3x. It depends on your preferred sound signature. The fx3x are quite good for the price. Fairly v shaped signature. Very strong bass and forward highs. I like the fx3x bass, but after a while it becomes a bit fatiguing for me. The vsd1 variants are definitely a step up the audiophile scale - much more balanced and refined, and I think that they are very good bang for buck. Also, they are much smaller in the ears, so you can actually lay down with them on.

Another option you might want to look into is the recently super-nova-hyped Pistons for $20-$25. Lots of positive comments in the Discovery thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724

Wayne makes sense. The Piston would be a perfect option. Absolutely great for any genre, and especially for metal because of the edgy mids and clear articulate highs.

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #1,695 of 2,003
Wayne makes sense. The Piston would be a perfect option. Absolutely great for any genre, and especially for metal because of the edgy mids and clear articulate highs.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back