VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #1,546 of 2,003
Yeah, +1 on that.
I think that there is not one single type of sound that makes certain genre of music the best. It still comes down to personal preference and two guys can go for two completely different signatures for exactly the same music.
Again I don't see why quoting your experience with metal or what someone considers metal gives someone more credibility but that's just me. 

I for one have absolutely no problem listening to stuff like Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Dio, Black Sabbath etc. on the ety er4s and I like it more than the vsonics. As I said, it's personal preference - someone might want something really V-shaped with a lot more bass like a tf10, for instance, while someone like me can go with something more balanced with less bass.
That personal preference doesn't really make someone lacking any understanding or knowledge in metal and rock music. I've been to concerts of all these bands and I know how they sound live. Now, these vsonics are great in the sense that they are smooth and pretty forgiving on badly recorded and mastered stuff and overall are more relaxing and non-fatiguing to listen to but there always will be someone who finds them not clear enough, or lacking bass, or having too much bass, or lacking in speed, or being sibilant etc., so if someone has the VSD1 or VSD1S and is wondering if he should get the other one - I would say that if you can sell yours without much loss and you really want to hear the other one out of curiosity, then go for it, otherwise you might want to look for a different iem.

I agree with you and blupblup, everyone's taste is different. If it sounds good to you that's all that matters. I think Vsonic is one of the better IEM companies but there and it is my personal favorite. I can't wait for there new stuff to come out.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,547 of 2,003
popcorn.gif

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,548 of 2,003
VSonic GR99LE

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #1,549 of 2,003
This is why I say it's better to trust only your own ears. Nobody can tell you what you're going to hear unless they're omniscient.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,550 of 2,003
This is why I say it's better to trust only your own ears. Nobody can tell you what you're going to hear unless they're omniscient.

Well, that's kinda what the whole point of head-fi is, coz we can't always audition everything or some people can't audition anything at all. But yeah, it's always better to hear something yourself.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #1,551 of 2,003

Well, that's kinda what the whole point of head-fi is, coz we can't always audition everything or some people can't audition anything at all. But yeah, it's always better to hear something yourself.

I know what you mean, but I feel like Head-Fi does it in a different way then saying straight out "this is the sound." Head-Fi is a collection of opinions and only through that collection can we figure out a core basis for the sound signature. We know that AT has a Mid-Forward, Mid-Bass Forward house sound because a large number of people that own that headphones have given their opinion on it. I should have said that no one person can tell you how a headphone sounds. If I believe that than the VSD1LE's would be the best thing since sliced bread due to how box raved about them. They'd also have a sound stage that engulfs the pacific ocean, and defeat headphones several hundred dollars above them. It's only through your opinion and the other owner's opinions that we can establish a base sound.

Sorry if I repeated myself. I tend to get off-topic, so I had to force myself to stay on topic. :D

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,552 of 2,003
I'm liking the GR99LE sound a lot, the more I spend time with it.

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,553 of 2,003
Which is only done because my KEF M200 are toast in the left LF driver, and the only other dynamic driver I got right now available is my SHE3580. Can't wait for my Samsung HS-330 and Xaiomi Pistons to arrive.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #1,556 of 2,003

Awesome, thanks very much... seems to be about right.
Will have to really do some listening and see what else I hear.
I think there is an instant difference, as you say, definitely not as "airy" but also not as warm either.

I really like the VSD1 and have been listening to them more than my other IEMs, I guess it'll take a while to appreciate the LE's

Thanks

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,557 of 2,003
VSONIC GR99LE drop some details! For an IEM with a limited soundstage and budget price (though not as budget as the regular GR99), these things sure deliver details in minuteia.

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #1,560 of 2,003
  yes they are. best $30.00 I've spent so far on an el cheapo. 

but then again I have the Samsung HS-330 and Xiaomi Piston 2.0 coming in, and I paid a combined $20.00 for both, so this assessment could change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back