VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Dec 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,501 of 2,003

??? Why such a negative reply? First of all, I have all 3 versions - VSD1, VSD1S and VSD1LE. Second of all, I have spent A LOT of hours comparing the different versions. I didn't get the VSD1 and VSD1S a week a go - I've had them since their launch and have been pretty much carrying the entire thread on my shoulders. 

Between VSD1, VSD1S and Soundmagic E10 which one would choose if you were me? I listen to electronic music and jazz and I use an ipod classic. So I want bass, clarity, and tremble.
Thanks! I appreciate your opinion.

Well, aside from being totally wasted, the vsonic's quotes for which of the two is better for which music are almost completely off. I'l say the VSD1S. The VSD1S it's pretty versatile although electronic music and jazz are pretty far apart and it will depend on personal preference, so you might like somethng more V-shaped. As far as the E10 goes, all the vsonics are superior to all soundmagic iems, so it's no surprise that the vsd1/s is better

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #1,502 of 2,003
Bought a set from Amazon, but I'll be returning them. 
They didn't included the foam tips which was weird. Also the regular tips hurt my ears. Couldn't get a good seal on any of them. 
Time to look for new IEMS... sigh

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #1,503 of 2,003
  Bought a set from Amazon, but I'll be returning them. 
They didn't included the foam tips which was weird. Also the regular tips hurt my ears. Couldn't get a good seal on any of them. 
Time to look for new IEMS... sigh

I'm still trying to find that great dynamic driver IEM that has a natural good fit, great detailed sound, and smooth without sacrificing edge when it's needed. The KEF's are amazing, but after using them a day, they make my ears hurts from the huge housing. 

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,505 of 2,003
YEP

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #1,507 of 2,003
Please try the steelseries Flux.
They're in the same price category. I'm curious how they hold up agains the vsonics.

I have both the Flux and the VSD1S. They're very different, and both are excellent. The VSD1S has more recessed (but still clean) treble, a slightly wider sound stage, more bass (still clean and not muddy), and very smooth and detailed mids. The Flux has more treble detail (while still not harsh or sibilant), still a very wide sound stage (just not up to Vsonic's), a slightly recessed midrange, and a slight V-shape signature even though the bass hits a bit "lightly".

If you have experience with other IEMs, the Flux sounds like a slightly V-shaped Etymotic HF5 with a wider sound stage. The VSD1S sounds like the GR06 with a LOT more detail and non-muddy bass.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,510 of 2,003

If you have experience with other IEMs, the Flux sounds like a slightly V-shaped Etymotic HF5 with a wider sound stage. The VSD1S sounds like the GR06 with a LOT more detail and non-muddy bass.

Really? I had the Etymotic Hf5s once in a while and found the mids too forward and bass-light to my liking. Is the bass quantity and quality better on Flux? 

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #1,511 of 2,003

Really? I had the Etymotic Hf5s once in a while and found the mids too forward and bass-light to my liking. Is the bass quantity and quality better on Flux? 

Correct, Flux is like an inverted HF5. Similar detail, similar shape, similar fit, similar overall sound; but where the HF5 have slightly recessed bass and highs, the Flux have slightly forward bass and highs. I personally prefer the Flux for most music.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #1,512 of 2,003
Hmmm, that sounds quite appealing. Thanks.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,514 of 2,003
Do the VSD1/VSD1S/VSD1LE have more bass than the GR07 MK2?  I didn't like the GR07 MK2 because they didn't have enough bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back