VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 12, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #1,186 of 2,003
Item has landed - hopefully will reach me by end week :)

Stoked!!

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,187 of 2,003
Item has landed - hopefully will reach me by end week
smily_headphones1.gif

Stoked!!

^ Congrats, can't wait for mo' impressions to flow in. 
popcorn.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #1,188 of 2,003
  With any luck, I'll get mine...
 Estimated delivery Monday, Nov 18, 2013 - Thursday, Dec 12, 2013

... since I apparently live on the other side of the solar system 
wink.gif

Well, wonders never cease... the delivery man showed up with them a few minutes ago. Awesome!

I'm glad they came with larger black silicone tips instead of just the small pair that came with the VSD1's. I wasn't sure which tips I would end up using, but offhand these large black tips seem to fit well and sound good.

Very initial impressions are not disappointing at all - quite the contrary actually. I didn't think that they would sound this good without any burn in, so this is very encouraging.

How long should they be cooked for? Any tip suggestions?

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #1,189 of 2,003

Well, wonders never cease... the delivery man showed up with them a few minutes ago. Awesome!

I'm glad they came with larger black silicone tips instead of just the small pair that came with the VSD1's. I wasn't sure which tips I would end up using, but offhand these large black tips seem to fit well and sound good.

Very initial impressions are not disappointing at all - quite the contrary actually. I didn't think that they would sound this good without any burn in, so this is very encouraging.

How long should they be cooked for? Any tip suggestions?

^ How do they sound on open box??? On par with your regular VSD1??? Or better and mochill stated. LoL

My set didn't change for the better until like 4 days straight of continuous burn-in, or something like that. haha
triportsad.gif

or was it on my 4th/ 5th listen???
rolleyes.gif
I forget.

Best is to listen to them once a day after continuous burn-in is my advice, then you can hear gradually how they change/ progress from day to day.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #1,190 of 2,003
  ^ How do they sound on open box??? On par with your regular VSD1??? Or better and mochill stated. LoL

From the Discovery thread...

You ARE nuts for selling your X1's, but you're NOT nuts for loving your LE's so much (I can say this pre-burn in and only 2 songs in)...
beerchug.gif

Geez, this is what I wanted the BE's to sound like. 

^ D'YAM just my luck i ALWAYS get dud drivers that take forever to sound right weakkk!!!

Congrats WAYNE on those lovely new gems of your!!!

Let us know how you hear/like them. :)

From all that you have stated i can already tell their sound is your ideal signature as well. Never fatiguing yet so bold/ full and engaging.

Geez i already love them mo' than my BEs. haha 
triportsad.gif

These are like the sound of the BEs UNLEASHED!!! from their 2D confines that just explodes into 3D goodness and is ready to kick some serious arse. 
tongue.gif

Odd, but that's exactly what I was just thinking. I was wondering if I was just hallucinating or something. But you just typed it, so it must be the truth lol.

Oh, and the instrument separation/imaging, and size of the soundstage is pretty impressive. Pretty good depth/headstage as well. Hmm!

Offhand I think it's safe to say that I'm liking these more than my classics. But we'll confirm later...

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,192 of 2,003
  Omg, does anybody not like the VSD1LE and want to sell it to me :D

Over my dead body, i'll out bid you fo' sho. HE HE HE
evil_smiley.gif

Was thinking of hoarding another one but might as well let others enjoy them since it is a limited run.

And i got burned a couple of times for hoarding stuff befo' so..................................................... lesson well learned.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #1,193 of 2,003
Where is everyone getting the LE's?

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,195 of 2,003
Ehhh.... 70 bucks... I dunno about that.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #1,196 of 2,003
Mine arrived.Here are some first hand physical impressions from mine for others to have an idea of what is VSONIC including in this current batch of LE to compare against other LE's, VSD1 and VSD1S.One user mentioned that he didn't receive the foam tips at all but just 3 silicon tips.......so thought this might be useful for some.

Mine has the same serial # embossed on the left earpiece, like they intimated me before shipping(yes upon request)! burn-in process kicked off.I got 2 set of foam tips(black and purple),pair of flexible ear-hooks,a shirt clip,1 bi-flange and 3 pairs(SML) single flange tips and a nice velvet drawstring pouch. Right now "Am I Evil-Metallica" flagged off for burn-in, with flat settings on my SGP5". Mids are bit forward,bass muddy and pretty decent highs, which you get on the mid-tier IEMs(DD) right out of the box. but yeah I never had a sound-stage,instrument separations like this when I had my Klipsch S5i's first audition. One thing little odd is, the bi-flange diameter, it's so small(may be 1mm smaller) compared to the other silicon tips.not sure whether this is a standard stock bi-flange tips to the VSD family that everybody gets or what I got mine is prod fault. that doesn't matter to me either...just..................as I have MEElec's M6/M9P tips to swap and try.

edit> the cable is thin from the Y-split to earpieces and a dual barrell from 3.5mm jack till Y-split, not a conventional single wire jacket,giving a flat cable look.Fit is excellent both wearing it straight down or over the ear....perfect w/o ear-hooks even. A small VSONIC leaflet with tech-spec in Chinese on the left inside and think, yes I think for sure, very useful information on the other side of it......
wink.gif

My first VSONIC addi(c)tion to my collections.
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #1,197 of 2,003
  Mine arrived.same serial # embossed on my left earpiece like they intimated me before shipping! burn-in process kicked off.I got 2 set of foam tips(black and purple),pair of flexible ear-hooks,a shirt clip,1 bi-flange and 3(SML) single flange tips. Right now "Am I Evil-Metallica" flagged off with flat settings.mids are bit forward,bass muddy and pretty decent highs, which you get on the mid-tier IEMs(DD) right out of the box. but yeah I never had a sound-stage,instrument separations like this when I had my Klipsch S5i's first audition. One thing is little odd is, the bi-flange diameter is so small(may be 1mm) compared to the other silicon tips.not sure whether this is a standard stock bi-flange tips to the VSD family that everybody gets or what I got mine is prod fault. that doesn't matter to me either...just..................as I have MEElec's M6/M9P tips to swap and try.
My first VSONIC addi(c)tion to my collections.
beerchug.gif

^ Congrats you got the regular VSD1 or the Limited Editon???
blink.gif

Serial # means LEs no??? And that it the right side with the number fyi. The left side is unlabeled same goes for the regular VSD1.

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,198 of 2,003

^ I'll buy them off of ya'. Or trade my VSD1 Classics for them or even better, my VC02s. :)

Man what a strange twist of events. I LOVE these to no end.

Check your sources kova.

They sound pretty good on my 5th gen ipod classic, but with more power/ better dac from my venturecraft amp/dac, these shine like no ones business.

Remember my friend: "Scalability/ malleability baby is what these VSD1 LEs be!!!"

??? that go dap doesnt have a dac.  

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #1,199 of 2,003
  ^ Congrats you got the regular VSD1 or the Limited Editon???
blink.gif

Serial # means LEs no??? And that it the right side with the number fyi. The left side is unlabeled same goes for the regular VSD1.

Thanks and it's the LE btw......

Yes Sir, the XXX is on the earpiece where there's a small bump to identify the correct side(even in the dark better than the color code) which I think it's the left imho.The small bump is on the inner side of the rubber strain relief.

Correct me if i'm wrong!
deadhorse.gif

edit > Also I believe the nozzle is angled perfectly for over the ear......

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,200 of 2,003
  Thanks and it's the LE btw......

Yes Sir, the XXX is on the earpiece where there's a small bump to identify the correct side(even in the dark better than the color code) which I think it's the left imho.The small bump is on the inner side of the rubber strain relief.

Correct me if i'm wrong!
deadhorse.gif

edit > Also I believe the nozzle is angled perfectly for over the ear......

Yeah, there is a small bump on the right strain relief. As far as the nozzle goes, you can also angle it perfectly for cable down wear too. I have to admit that the moving nozzles are one of my most favorite feature for an iem that is not a straight barrel - it's just sо convenient to be able to get them just right while with other iems I have to deal with weird-angled nozzles and it can get frustrating. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back