VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Jan 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #691 of 924
Quote:
What is a coax GR07?

Also, I'm thinking that these are very cursory MSRPs. I'm pretty sure that lendmeurears for example sells everything a bit below MSRP, by as much as $100. I think the original MSRP of the GR01 was near $300, but I could be wrong.

2 drivers mounted on the same axis. Not much reason to call that a GR07 as you would hope that they would use 2 more specialized drivers.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #694 of 924
Quote:

eek.gif

I think my wallet just shrivelled up a little. 

So there's the newly housed GR07 for $500, a "normal" hybrid for $300, the "upgraded" hybrid for $500, and a dual dynamic GR07 for $570 USD. 

They better be damn good.

Waaa that would be sweet happy ears teary wallets! 
ksc75smile.gif
redface.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #695 of 924
Quote:

eek.gif

I think my wallet just shrivelled up a little. 

So there's the newly housed GR07 for $500, a "normal" hybrid for $300, the "upgraded" hybrid for $500, and a dual dynamic GR07 for $570 USD. 

They better be damn good.

Those are not the keen prices I was hoping for. I appreciate that Vsonic are trying to up their game into an area where they can make much better profit margins, but those prices are too steep for me when I can get a 4 balanced armature CIEM from Cosmic Ears for £250 or their 4 BA + 1 Dynamic hybrid model for £300.

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #696 of 924
Build quality will have to be top notch, much better than the 07, at those prices. Unless any of them are certifiably amazing for the price, I wont buy them. The GR07 is a great value, but I am too stubborn to settle for anything less than another great value, irrespective of price, from VSonic.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #698 of 924
Quote:

Those are not the keen prices I was hoping for. I appreciate that Vsonic are trying to up their game into an area where they can make much better profit margins, but those prices are too steep for me when I can get a 4 balanced armature CIEM from Cosmic Ears for £250 or their 4 BA + 1 Dynamic hybrid model for £300.

Custom is not always better
More drivers is also not always better

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #699 of 924
Quote:

Custom is not always better
More drivers is also not always better

I would entirely agree with that, but my HY3 is considerably better than anything else I have, in every single respect.

However, all I was trying to say (perhaps unsuccessfully) by the use of comparisons, was that the price of those universals seem a bit steep compared to other options.

They are going to need to be exceptional at those pricepoints to justify themselves.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #700 of 924
Wow I'm really impressed with all the new products by Vsonic, I am thoroughly interested to get a GR02 and Gr07 soon.

And with all these new products, I'm itching to start a Vsonic collection hehe.

But like many I would agree to go custom instead for the price, as customs like it said are customized for individual, the ownership towards it would be of a different level.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #701 of 924
Quote:
Wow I'm really impressed with all the new products by Vsonic, I am thoroughly interested to get a GR02 and Gr07 soon.

And with all these new products, I'm itching to start a Vsonic collection hehe.

But like many I would agree to go custom instead for the price, as customs like it said are customized for individual, the ownership towards it would be of a different level.

Yes, but you can't share your music. I'm always nagging my friends with "Hey! check THIS out!" And like ACST, customs aren't necessarily better than universals in terms of sound.

From what I've read, customs in the $5-600 range are actually comparable to the higher tier universals sound-wise. The only tried and true advantage is fit.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #702 of 924
Quote:

Yes, but you can't share your music. I'm always nagging my friends with "Hey! check THIS out!" And like ACST, customs aren't necessarily better than universals in terms of sound.

From what I've read, customs in the $5-600 range are actually comparable to the higher tier universals sound-wise. The only tried and true advantage is fit.

That may or may not be true. There are some top tier universals I've heard that equal or beat (in some ways) my 1964 EARS Quad, but have yet to hear any universal I've owned beat the V6. And my personal page bears out that I've owned/heard my share of top tier universals. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #703 of 924
yes but preference comes in as well eric, maybe id prefer a fairly cheap universal over the V6 for example. I must say that i fine CIEMS not to have that wow factor that one may expect although my best IEM is the custom Lear LCM-5. I also find myself preferring universals to share music and quicker fit...

The vsonics could well be more expensive than Cosmic but could also be a lot better but for now the Cosmic stuff is amaing and a huge contender in and above its price!

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #704 of 924
Quote:
yes but preference comes in as well eric, maybe id prefer a fairly cheap universal over the V6 for example. I must say that i fine CIEMS not to have that wow factor that one may expect although my best IEM is the custom Lear LCM-5. I also find myself preferring universals to share music and quicker fit...

The vsonics could well be more expensive than Cosmic but could also be a lot better but for now the Cosmic stuff is amaing and a huge contender in and above its price!

Seconded. It's important to clarify what one thinks the goal of audio reproduction to be imo. There are people who strive towards a particular feeling they get from a sound, and there are those who prefer accuracy in accordance with what we know about audio reproduction. Of course one can take a third person approach, like |joker|, and address technical aspects as separate from personal preferences, focusing mainly on comparisons.  

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #705 of 924
Quote:

Seconded. It's important to clarify what one thinks the goal of audio reproduction to be imo. There are people who strive towards a particular feeling they get from a sound, and there are those who prefer accuracy in accordance with what we know about audio reproduction. Of course one can take a third person approach, like |joker|, and address technical aspects as separate from personal preferences, focusing mainly on comparisons.  

I'm in the "does the music sound awesome?" camp. (Does anybody remember music?) Could mean many things to many people, of course. I don't pretend to be an acousitc engineer just because I can look at an fr graph and go "hmmm" while scratching my chin in a professorial manner. At the end of the day, I love listening to music - if I only had a crap set of earbuds, I'd use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back