VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #5,011 of 7,982
Listening tot Armin van Buuren who is now burning in my GR07 I know I would not want the extra bass edition. If anything, the MK2 has too much bass with music like trance. I doubt the bass edition manages to add only a bit of sub bass that the MK2 could use a litle more of. To my ears the GR07 does not need any more bass.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #5,013 of 7,982
Does anyone know if there hasbeen an change in the cable of the Mk2 lately? I received my pair from MP4nation the day before yesterday and the manual/warranty card says "Cable: 1.30m TPU cable. Maximum 82 core 99.9999 single shielded copper wire +/- 3%". No mention of silver that the mk2 cable is supposed to have. Could also be just a change in the text on the card. The "acts of God" are "acts of good" on my card...

Anyway; first impressions: most likely have come to the end of my quest to find a pair of good IEM/earbuds that have sound quality comparable to a good full size open headphone. References are my Sennheiser HD595 and Stax Lambda nova basic. Over the years I have tried many (well, not as many as some people over here, but compared to my friends still a lot :smile: ): Sony MDR-E888, Shure E3c, E4, Sennheiser MX400, MX980, Beyerdynamic DTX101ie. Of these, I like the MX980 the best, but they do not isolate and therefore are not suitable for travel. Surprise hit and by far the best value are my 15 euro Sennheiser MX400 of which I seem to have gotten a very good pair with a nice warm sound. But all of them have defects that made me look on for better. Either too much bass (Beyerdynamic), lack of open sound caused by the tiny housings, agressive spike in the lower treble (Shure), voices that simply sounded coloured etc etc. Straight out of the box the GR07 surprised me with a largely neutral and uncoloured sound. The voices of Yello sounded the way I was used to. There is a good amount of bass (actually a bit more than the HD595 has) with enough weight and depth for me. Not perfect, but they are only tiny drivers and I prefer this over bloated bass. Main point of criticism would be slightly agressive (lower) treble, but this will likely change a bit with burning in. They now have around 25hrs on them. To sum it up they sound very good for small earphones without obvious defects. Better will likely cost $400 or so, and I will not be spending that amount in IEM's. I will be using these on my Nexus tablet and iAudio 10 player.

Wish someone replied your questions. I also ordered from them on Amazon but started getting suspicious if they are sending legit products now.

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #5,015 of 7,982
Hey guys does anyone know where I could get a pair of the ear guides that come with the GR07s or something similar I lost mine. Or if someone would be willing to part with theirs PM me.

These ones.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281067728442?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Or, original GR07 guides.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EARHOOKS-EAR-HOOKS-LOOPS-CLIP-FOR-VSONIC-V-SONIC-GR07-R07-FLAGSHIP-HEADPHONES-/160985992738?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item257b834e22&_uhb=1

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #5,017 of 7,982
Swapped back to my Re272s the other day and was amazed by the openness and clarity of their soundstage, but soon longed for the relative warmth of the GR07 Mk2s. These are an exceptionally good balance of everything even if they don't specifically excel in any one area.

Easily my go to IEM till my Miracles return.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #5,022 of 7,982
Quote:
I just got mine today and they seem sibilant for me. How do you burn them in? just let em play for hours at full volume? o:
and does the sibilance go away after the burn in? Thanks.

what mochill said but not on full volume

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #5,023 of 7,982
Quote:
Use heavy bass music on full blast for 300+hrs and then listen to them , I'm using mine now
smily_headphones1.gif

This must be a joke.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #5,024 of 7,982
Quote:

This must be a joke.

Maybe a touch of humour / exaggeration, but mostly true.

The method I follow is to use a wide range of music (apparently pink noise is actually ideal) and then set to my normal listening volume. Take earphones out of ears and turn up just 1-2 steps (i.e. 1-2 steps on a digital volume control or a fractional turn on an analogue volume control).

The theory as I understand it is that the extra volume helps to loosen the diaphragm, but you don't want to damage it with extra high volumes. To be safe, you could always just have it at normal listening volumes or let them burn-in while you listen.

With all of my earphones I tend to give them an overnight burn-in as described above and then just use them as they continue to burn-in. It's actually kind of fun to hear them mature, but the upfront overnight session helps remove any uncomfortable sibilance that may lead to buyer's remorse and ongoing hatred of the new earphones! 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back