VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #5,041 of 7,982
Quote:

Imo, it depends on the player. I burn in using an older mp3 player at max volume, and yes it's loud, but not driver destroying loud. I probably wouldn't use max volume on my clip zip though.

Yeah that plus amplifier clipping. I also recall the GR07 being bio-cellulose, not titanium.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #5,042 of 7,982
KamijoIsMyHero : yep, I've tried. Currently rocking the stock tips. The smaller tips do sounds less bassy, but also not quite comfy and doesn't isolate well :c

This is my first "pricey" iem. And because of this iem, I feel like I'll fall to a deeper hole :D

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #5,043 of 7,982
Max volume on a cowon j3 with all frequency on 12db, max bass,bbe+ on 10db on volume 40 which is full everthing and yes they are biocellulose which is as strong as titanium diaphram driver but much better natural sound response. :) .trust me guy you really won't destroy them. I use the j3 as a burn in device because I don't like its sound quality, my hisoundaudio studio anv 3rd sound much superior in comparision and also my sony s,z walkman player.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #5,044 of 7,982
Quote:
Max volume on a cowon j3 with all frequency on 12db, max bass,bbe+ on 10db on volume 40 which is full everthing and yes they are biocellulose which is as strong as titanium diaphram driver but much better natural sound response.
smily_headphones1.gif
.trust me guy you really won't destroy them. I use the j3 as a burn in device because I don't like its sound quality, my hisoundaudio studio anv 3rd sound much superior in comparision and also my sony s,z walkman player.

Its good to clarify 'Max Volume' was on your J3 as just saying in general Max Volume could be a mistake for people using desktop amps or even portable amps like the BH (I think if you burned them in on max volume with the BH on out1 and gain on high - you would create a couple of useless earrings)

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #5,047 of 7,982
Apr 15, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #5,050 of 7,982
Quote:
Sony hybrids will reduce treble, the updrade for mkii is the gr07 bass edition.

The Bass Edition is absolutely NOT an upgrade. It's more bass, and nothing else. If anything, it's farther away from "high-fi" because it's less accurate. 

By the way, Tyll has measurements up for the GR07 and GR07 BE on Innerfidelity if everyone doesn't already know. They measure as well as they sound, and exactly as they sound. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #5,051 of 7,982
Hello.
Today, after more than a year of using my GR07 (first revision), a problem happened. The right channel became much quieter than the left channel. At first I checked the most common causes - cleaned the connector, and tried another source. The problem remains. 
Then I thought maybe there is a weak connection somewhere along the cable, so while listening to music I started moving the cable at the common weak points - the connector, then the point where the cable splits, and finally the point where the cable connects to the earpiece itself. But nothing helped, so I think this is not bad contact. 
I should mention that I cleaned the earphones some time before the problem happened. But I just used a small brush to clean the grill that protects the element - I didn't disassemble it.
I appreciate your help, Thanks.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #5,052 of 7,982
Quote:
Hello.
Today, after more than a year of using my GR07 (first revision), a problem happened. The right channel became much quieter than the left channel. At first I checked the most common causes - cleaned the connector, and tried another source. The problem remains. 
Then I thought maybe there is a weak connection somewhere along the cable, so while listening to music I started moving the cable at the common weak points - the connector, then the point where the cable splits, and finally the point where the cable connects to the earpiece itself. But nothing helped, so I think this is not bad contact. 
I should mention that I cleaned the earphones some time before the problem happened. But I just used a small brush to clean the grill that protects the element - I didn't disassemble it.
I appreciate your help, Thanks.

When this happened to me, a THOROUGH cleaning cured it (my initial cleaning missed some debris), but if you cleaned it down to the grill, looks like that's not it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back