VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #5,056 of 7,982
Quote:
;If you didn't burn in your gr07 bass edition or any other gr07 with the right music then you surely wouldn't understand how they truely are an audiophile sound quailty.

How you  burn them in makes no difference. In fact, virtually all of the burn in is happening with your brain. I've A/Bed brand new GR07s with multiple pairs with >300 hours and there was no discernible difference. The hard lower treble and sibilance is virtually undetectable if I listen to them for awhile, but coming from something like the RE0 it once again is painfully obvious. If physical burn in was the source of the change then that would never happen. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #5,057 of 7,982
Finally finished my review the other day. I've put a summary in the GR07 MkII reviews here on Head-Fi and linked to my blog for a more detailed version.

Interestingly, the GR07s do everything so comfortably that nothing really stood out - they're hard to rave about because no individual element is "rave worthy", but that's exactly what makes them great - there's no single element that jumps out which means that there are also no elements that fall short - just a great all-round performer.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #5,058 of 7,982
I just pulled the trigger on one of these. I can't wait until they arrive
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #5,061 of 7,982
Congrats - you won't be disappointed. What source unit(s) will you be using?

I will be using my laptop with a HRT MSII DAC and an E12. On the go, however, I'll only be using the E12 with my phone. I'll be upgrading my on the go source when the X3 releases.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #5,065 of 7,982
Quote:
They should sound great with the E12. Depending on your phone, that might be your weak link when portable, but it will still sound good.

The GR07s are really versatile with the different devices they pair with (mostly because of the 50ohm impedance)

These babies sound AMAZING! I have tested numerous IEMs in search of a sound signature that is somewhat similar to my Q701s. I think I may have found my perfect match
ksc75smile.gif

And you are right... they do sound great with the E12 (even with my cheap Galaxy Exhibit II). But when I pair it with the HRT MSII and the E12 on my laptop... WOWWWWWWWWW!!!! I almost thought I was listening to my Q701s for a moment.... (I maybe exaggerating just a bit
tongue.gif
)

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #5,066 of 7,982
Quote:
I'm talking about the mkII btw not the bass edition

They are punchy enough for my taste and I listen to Rap/Hip Hop/R&B (for what it's worth)

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #5,067 of 7,982
Quote:

They are punchy enough for my taste and I listen to Rap/Hip Hop/R&B (for what it's worth)

Yeah - they depend a lot on the music you listen to. I find they will sound a bit thin with some rock and blues that's not recorded with much bass, but then when you deliver bassy music (like hip-hop / R&B) you suddenly realise how much punch they can deliver.

In other words, the GR07s can deliver plenty of punch, but will depend a lot on the music because they don't add bass, they just deliver what's there.

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #5,068 of 7,982
Quote:
Yeah - they depend a lot on the music you listen to. I find they will sound a bit thin with some rock and blues that's not recorded with much bass, but then when you deliver bassy music (like hip-hop / R&B) you suddenly realise how much punch they can deliver.

In other words, the GR07s can deliver plenty of punch, but will depend a lot on the music because they don't add bass, they just deliver what's there.

Which is why I think these are perfect for me
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #5,069 of 7,982
Mids were defo not good enough for rock with its pronounced treble and bass, I lost vocals cuz of that

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #5,070 of 7,982
That's quite the opposite of what I and many others have found.  First of all, I believe the GR07 to be an excellent all rounder, doing well with just about any genre but perhaps master of none.  But most importantly for me, they are probably strongest in rock music due to the very good distortion guitar bite they have, not to mention percussion are rendered pretty well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back