VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #4,711 of 7,982
That would depend on the version of the 650 though, right? I don't hear the dark, laid back sound on the newer silver screened drivers.

Also, stupid question but I need to mark these so that they are easier to distinguish left from right. Any suggestions? I thought about a small piece of red tape. I don't want to do anything permanent. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #4,712 of 7,982
Well, you don't really need to mark the housings - its pretty easy to distinguish left from right just give it a few days to get used to them. If you hold the right housing in your right hand before inserting it (with the cable facing down) you'll notice that the nozzle is pointing left and your fingers are comfortably holding the right side of the housing and if you held the left piece with the same hand you have to grab the housing at the side with the nozzle and that's not comfortable to hold.

edit: Actually, here are same bad quality pics to try to show you better. I'm using gr04 as I sold my gr07 recently. The first pic shows the right hand holding the right piece properly> You can see on the second pic how I'm being barely able to hold the left housing in the right hand the same way and the third is the left housing held comfortably in the right hand bu facing towards your body. 

I have no idea why the pics are rotated this way when I upload them

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #4,714 of 7,982
It's actually much simpler than even holding them.  The right one's driver and cable both point TOWARDS you when the cable is oriented down.  Then once you flip it and the cable over your ear it points away and thus into your ear canal.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #4,715 of 7,982
A thanks goes out to you wonderful folks, as I have made my first venture into better quality in ears. I received my gr07 mkii's yesterday. I noticed that they are a bit finicky when it comes to how they sit in your ear. I guess I need to get used to that. Overall fantastic sounding IEM's and I'm anxiously waiting to pass a significant amount of burn in time to get a chance to really listen to these. Thanks again :)

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #4,716 of 7,982
Quote:
A thanks goes out to you wonderful folks, as I have made my first venture into better quality in ears. I received my gr07 mkii's yesterday. I noticed that they are a bit finicky when it comes to how they sit in your ear. I guess I need to get used to that. Overall fantastic sounding IEM's and I'm anxiously waiting to pass a significant amount of burn in time to get a chance to really listen to these. Thanks again :)

^^ Hey cool...welcome to headfi!! Nice first purchase. 
biggrin.gif
 If you haven't found out yet, the nozzels are adjustable. This is what has given me the perfect fit. Takes some patience to get the angle just right.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #4,717 of 7,982
Even VSONIC now recommends 100 hours of burn-in for them, but hold any judgment about them until they pass the 200 hours mark. BTW, which version did you get? The newer MK2 or the previous version, like mine?

Yep, not much happened to mine for the first 50 - 100 hours I honestly thought I was wasting my time, and as MattTCG will discover burning in GR07 becomes a choir you're their slave for day's of endless burn ceremony's. But some where inbetween 150 - 250 hours magic happens. :wink:

Most of the "deals" out there were for the MKII. I picked mine up for $150 shipped which I thought was a pretty good deal. Got to my door in three deals from CA to GA!! I never have luck like that with shipping. I couldn't be happier. I know that the sound signature is "evolving" but I can tell that they are very good and will fall well within the type of signature that I enjoy. 

I appreciate that the bass is just as present as the ie80 but just not as loose. It reminds me of going from my d2k to my he400 on the change in the bass. The fit is supreme. I haven't even changed the angle of the nozzle or even the stock tips!! Amazing. I already enjoy these more than the ie80 at less than half the cost.

No wonder this thread is so long. 
size]

I remember telling you to try these in the IE80 thread. Look what happened. :p I 'may' buy them again when the next revised model comes out.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #4,719 of 7,982
^^ By revised do you mean gr08? If those, it looks like those will be expensive. 

I'm considering V7007 (GR08), Though there's a revised GR07 model apparently coming out with a metal housing? Pretty sure that's right. Two earphones I'm interested in this year, one being GR08 the other T-Peos H-200. (hybrids) Unfortunately both will be in excess of $250 each

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #4,722 of 7,982
Quote:
That would depend on the version of the 650 though, right? I don't hear the dark, laid back sound on the newer silver screened drivers.

Also, stupid question but I need to mark these so that they are easier to distinguish left from right. Any suggestions? I thought about a small piece of red tape. I don't want to do anything permanent. 

Never heard the dark screened drivers.  I owned the silver screened ones.  I thought they were dark.  To each his own.  Actually, I wouldn't compare the VSonics to the Sennheiser sound at all.  They really have a unique sound.  I fall asleep more nights than not listening to these gems.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #4,723 of 7,982
What is v7007? That is the gr08? I was hearing like $500+ on that. Way out of my league. 
size]

Yes GR08 = V7007. Vsonic changed the name.

The current price atm we have officially from Vsonic is 1999 Renminbi/Chinese Yuan. Which converts in US dollars to $320 (roughly)

Source: http://www.head-fi.org/t/602091/vsonic-gr08-info-expectations-thread/585#post_8981610

That is also a decent amount of money for me to outlay, especially with T-Peos H-200 possibly coming at the beginning of February too.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #4,724 of 7,982
The GR07 mkII has been my first dive into the world of IEMs, and so far I'm loving them. It's amazing to hear little intricacies in music that I didn't realize were even there. They're built well, and the cord seems very strong, and looks nice too.

Anyway, I have very small ear canals, and the smallest tips seem to fit me the best out of the stock selection. However, I find them to be uncomfortable for long periods of use. Any suggestions on tips of similar size that might be more comfortable?

Thanks much.

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #4,725 of 7,982
I went through the stock tips and in about five minutes found the sony hybrids small to be just right for me. Then I had to play around with adjustment on the nozzle and had a perfect fit. The nozzle adjustment will help with fit and will also sound better once they are pointed in the right direction. 

gL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back