VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #4,336 of 7,982
This GR07 thread is turning into a H-100 thread.. :deadhorse:

Heheh.. but seriously though, the H-100s have certainly piqued my interest, however I'm just holding out for the GR08.

Yeah, I'm sorry, I was trying to keep GR07 in the mix with my posts. I could feel us drifting off a little. :xf_eek:

@~Vlooienuker If you want anymore H-100 info please use the H-100 thread or msg me mate. :smile:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #4,337 of 7,982
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sorry, I was trying to keep GR07 in the mix with my posts. I could feel us drifting off a little.
redface.gif

@~Vlooienuker If you want anymore H-100 info please use the H-100 thread or msg me mate.
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Alright, will do. 

Is the GR08 being released next month? Wasnt it supposed to come out in October?

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #4,340 of 7,982
So getting back to a GR07 discussion... Now that I've resolved the issues with the nozzle angles, I've really been enjoying the mk2. It just simply has a very pleasing signature. I have zero issues with treble ringing and sibilance and the sub bass is very satisfying; mids have just the right amount of thickness and warmth. PLEASING. Until the GR08 comes out and potentially dethrones it, the mk2 is my #1 recommedation for guitar driven rock.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #4,341 of 7,982
I agree totally. They're brilliant for rock. I even like them for jazz and acoustic. I still feel that the MK2 is one of the best deals going in portable audio, and I highly look forward to their upcoming models.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #4,343 of 7,982
So I guess I'll make this a short comparison instead of just ranting about how much I love them. This is for the GR07 MKII vs. the Shure SE215 (I know it's not the same price point, but still... it's the only comparison I can make since those are the only quality IEMs I've previously owned). Excuse the untrained language, I'm new to this. Just bear with me :)

BASS:
The bass on the GR07 is less "loud". I mean, I can hear it a bit less. However, I can feel it a lot more. I don't really know if it makes much sense, but I feel the bass "hit" me when the drummers hit the bass drum, or when a bassist plucks a deep note. I'm not sure if I like this more than in the SE215s, but I definitely like it.

MIDS:
This is a part I really love about the GR07. Vocals sound much more realistic and guitars sound so much richer. I swear, I got goosebumps when hearing some acoustic songs. I almost shed a tear or two listening to Opeth's Damnation, the sense of... reality is just amazing.

TREBLE:
I don't know if it's because I come from an IEM that is known for it's relative lack of treble clarity/detail/awesomeness, but the GR07s sound so amazing in this area it's hard to describe. Guitar solos, cymbals, violins... they all sound very present. I haven't tried them with high female voices yet... will probably update when I do.

COMFORT:
They basically disappear when you have them on. I guess there's not much else that needs to be said.

Overall I find them to be pretty amazing. I wish they had a BIT more bass, but I can't really complain. Especially with the quality of the sound I'm getting, as well as how detailed I find them to be over the whole spectrum. Not disappointed in any aspect, would recommend them to anyone looking for IEMs in the $200-$250 range.

P.S.:
I also received the GR04 Pro (for free, no less) and let me tell you, for the price they are AMAZING IEMs. They've got really nice bass and mids, even though they sound kind of veiled. I'm really happy with my purchase, no regrets at all.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #4,344 of 7,982
Just got my Gr07' MK II's. They sound pretty bad straight outside of the box comparing them to CX 300's lol. They sound more open and balanced, but voices give me pain for some reason (i think that's sibliance?). I'm hoping the burn in will help this, else i'd would be pretty disappointed.

I also really gotta get used to over-the-ear I think. You gotta use the ear guides for your cable, else the cable just falls in front of your ear and looks rly weird lol.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #4,345 of 7,982
Quote:
Just got my Gr07' MK II's. They sound pretty bad straight outside of the box comparing them to CX 300's lol. They sound more open and balanced, but voices give me pain for some reason (i think that's sibliance?). I'm hoping the burn in will help this, else i'd would be pretty disappointed.

I also really gotta get used to over-the-ear I think. You gotta use the ear guides for your cable, else the cable just falls in front of your ear and looks rly weird lol.

Congrats! Don't worry the sound will grow on you. And you don't have to use the earguides, you can just pull up the chin slider that is on the cable - if you pull it somewhere around the upper part of your chest you won't need the guides.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #4,346 of 7,982
A mk2 cable should have no issues staying over the ear, unlike the original. It's very supple and flexible. Also make sure you experiment with the adjustable nozzle. Any treble issue I had was soley due to the angle if the nozzle. Hope it works out for you.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #4,347 of 7,982
Quote:
A mk2 cable should have no issues staying over the ear, unlike the original. It's very supple and flexible. Also make sure you experiment with the adjustable nozzle. Any treble issue I had was soley due to the angle if the nozzle. Hope it works out for you.

Agreed. Its like a piece of silk string!

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #4,348 of 7,982
Sorry, can someone help me here? I'm looking at the vsonic and have a few questions:

1. Is the cable very flexible and light?

2. How are the stock tips? 

3. Do comply tips work for the gr07?

4. I've heard mention of the gr08. Is it due out soon?

5. How does the gr07 compare to the ie80?

6. Would it work well with an e17>ipod classic 160>lod

7. Lastly, I have small ear canals. Would that rule these out for me?

Thanks in advance from an iem noob...
redface.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #4,349 of 7,982
Quote:
Sorry, can someone help me here? I'm looking at the vsonic and have a few questions:

1. Is the cable very flexible and light?

2. How are the stock tips? 

3. Do comply tips work for the gr07?

4. I've heard mention of the gr08. Is it due out soon?

5. How does the gr07 compare to the ie80?

6. Would it work well with an e17>ipod classic 160>lod

7. Lastly, I have small ear canals. Would that rule these out for me?

Thanks in advance from an iem noob...
redface.gif

1. The cable for the Mk2 is apparently quite flexible, but I haven't used it so I wouldn't know - I only had the Mk1.
2. The original stock tips were excellent, and the ones with the newer models are pretty much just Sony Hybrid tips - which are also excellent.
3. I wouldn't recommend Comply tips for the GR07, there isn't any consensus on which size works the best yet and when I tried the T-400 model they muffled the highs.
5. I don't know, I haven't heard any comparisons yet.
6. That setup would be excellent, but again, I haven't heard it - the E7 works quite well with the GR07 though, with minimal hiss, so I'll assume the upgrade to it will sound even better.
7. That should be fine, they have a relatively small nozzle, plus the swiveling function might help a bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back