VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #3,676 of 7,982
Quote:

and with a removable cable
etysmile.gif

There is much excitement on this end.

What, the GR08? I thought they were going to have fixed cables...Beats style fixed cables....

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #3,678 of 7,982
How long do these generally take to ship to US residents if purchased from LendMeUrEars on eBay? I got shipping confirmation today. But, when I made the order it said that it may take almost four weeks to arrive. I have not yet received an actual tracking number and it may take as long as two days to even get that.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #3,679 of 7,982
Quote:
How long do these generally take to ship to US residents if purchased from LendMeUrEars on eBay? I got shipping confirmation today. But, when I made the order it said that it may take almost four weeks to arrive. I have not yet received an actual tracking number and it may take as long as two days to even get that.

Most people don't seem to even get tracking numbers, but I don't think anyone has ever had to wait as long as 4 weeks before?

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #3,680 of 7,982
Quote:
Most people don't seem to even get tracking numbers, but I don't think anyone has ever had to wait as long as 4 weeks before?

Well, that is certainly good news. To be fair, the Aug. 20 delivery estimate was the latest estimate, but I'm surprised that it seems to be shipping from Asia even though they now have US distribution in place.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #3,681 of 7,982
think the dual flange eliminated the flex or possible flex issue i was having (whatever the crinkling noise in the right side was), but they get pulled off and remain in my ears.  kinda sick of having that problem with almost every IEM i've ever used (saved the SE215, but i didn't have them long enough i think for the grip to weaken on the tips).  ADDIEMs were definitely worst in this regard; had to glue the tips on at one point and even then they eventually came undone.  very frustrating and i hope the hybrid tips i'm using now don't start loosening.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #3,682 of 7,982
anyone that has had these for a long time and they're still working ok, just to give me some peace of mind?

tempted to return these and get a decent portable on-ear (the m-80 i was considering, though i'm well aware it's an entirely different beast)

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #3,683 of 7,982
Quote:
anyone that has had these for a long time and they're still working ok, just to give me some peace of mind?

tempted to return these and get a decent portable on-ear (the m-80 i was considering, though i'm well aware it's an entirely different beast)

I've had them for over a year and the only real problem I've faced was a bad buildup of earwax in the filter which I had to clean, but that can be difficult to take out and do so.  Hydrogen peroxide is the best stuff to use to clean it though, I find.

But I thought it was a problem with the earphones themselves at first, or the cable or something, but it was simply earwax.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #3,684 of 7,982
Quote:

Quote:
think the dual flange eliminated the flex or possible flex issue i was having (whatever the crinkling noise in the right side was), but they get pulled off and remain in my ears.  kinda sick of having that problem with almost every IEM i've ever used (saved the SE215, but i didn't have them long enough i think for the grip to weaken on the tips).  ADDIEMs were definitely worst in this regard; had to glue the tips on at one point and even then they eventually came undone.  very frustrating and i hope the hybrid tips i'm using now don't start loosening.

It's the first time a read about driver flex problems with these! Never felt a hint of that problem with mine, and I have them for almost 1 year with 0 problems... Have you tried foam tips?

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #3,685 of 7,982
I've had mine for about 6 months and they are awesome. Once you find the right tip and get a good seal...forget about it - you'll be hooked.

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #3,688 of 7,982
I must say I'm having the most fun with my MK2 when they're amped rather than a DAP alone.

I'm using E11 / D2+ combo. As long as I control volume levels sensibly it's a more enjoyable experience. I think my S9's more prone to sibilance for some reason because the D2+ is not showing the same symptoms on tracks. It was actually quite annoying with S9, though TF10 did it also, but GRO7 appears to bite hard on the ears were as TF10 sibilance kind of rolls off slightly before penetrating. either way the S9 is the main culprit causing the problem. (not the IEM's)

None of this is present with either IEM using D2+. With GRO7 amped rock and metal, for example, which I've mentioned previously.... listening to Pantera was a fully dynamic pleasure using this combination, they seem to appreciate the extra power sounding fairly different to my ears impact wise. Though when I run them through the S9 alone it definitely lacks authority coming across thinner, (remembering S9 headphone out is already quite powerful). So I tried again using D2+ unamped, the same results occurred and I must note on both players I have to crank the volume fairly high for comfortable listening levels. I've come to the conclusion GRO7 MK2 benefit from amping quite a lot imo, just as the seller told me they would benefit from a warmish amp. Not so much for better sound quality but to feed them, I feel they're quite hungry for power and it doesn't go unappreciated when served up on a plate.

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #3,689 of 7,982
Mine (2nd production / not MK-II) is a bit harsh out on a J3, but when amped by E17, I can listen to much louder volumes without that harshness, and bass notes are much more controlled (not rolled-off just tighter which is very nice). It's my only IEM that responds that well to amp. Very nice IEMs. :)

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #3,690 of 7,982
Mine (2nd production / not MK-II) is a bit harsh out on a J3, but when amped by E17, I can listen to much louder volumes without that harshness, and bass notes are much more controlled (not rolled-off just tighter which is very nice). It's my only IEM that responds that well to amp. Very nice IEMs. :)

Exactly what I'm finding with E11. They work ok without an amp but it's more enjoyable with one I'm finding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back