VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #3,661 of 7,982
I can't point this out too many times, but if you want to hear how drums sound like in reality, the GR07 is the IEM to do it! :cool:

Yeh, not just the bass or "drums themselves" but symbols and high hat crashes sound amazing, the whole kit of drumming. I've not found anything that does treble quite like GRO7 MK2. Everything else sounds slightly artificial or laced in comparison. Best of all my purchase has completely stopped my itch to buy anything else and I reach for them everytime over TF10 and EPH-100. (Poor Yamaha's, they're being left in the dark completely)

I can almost swear my pair are sounding better every week? Either that or I'm losing my mind.

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #3,662 of 7,982
Quote:
Yeh, not just the bass or "drums themselves" but symbols and high hat crashes sound amazing, the whole kit of drumming. I've not found anything that does treble quite like GRO7 MK2. Everything else sounds slightly artificial or laced in comparison. Best of all my purchase has completely stopped my itch to buy anything else and I reach for them everytime over TF10 and EPH-100. (Poor Yamaha's, they're being left in the dark completely)
I can almost swear my pair are sounding better every week? Either that or I'm losing my mind.

Yep, I felt the same about mine on the first months of use... 
wink.gif

I use my Yamaha's on the go and the GR07 at home, and I'm very happy with both! But I still have that itch you're talking about... I already see some RE262 coming in my way, and that's because the GR08 is taking do damn long to hit the market! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #3,663 of 7,982
Yep, I felt the same about mine on the first months of use... :wink:

I use my Yamaha's on the go and the GR07 at home, and I'm very happy with both! But I still have that itch you're talking about... I already see some RE262 coming in my way, and that's because the GR08 is taking do damn long to hit the market! :D

So, I'm not just going mad. Nice to know. :cool: I still like the Yams very much, just nothings getting real air time expect GRO7.

Basically, I'm waiting for GRO8 impressions before making another purchase, twas becoming a little expensive, me and my adventures with IEM man. It's hard when there's so much to try, I've tried 'most' of what I wanted, anything else from here would be out of pure curiosity and possibly some boredom. Don't think for a second once GRO8 hits I won't have my money ready though!

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #3,668 of 7,982
Quote:
So, I'm not just going mad. Nice to know.
cool.gif
I still like the Yams very much, just nothings getting real air time expect GRO7.
Basically, I'm waiting for GRO8 impressions before making another purchase, twas becoming a little expensive, me and my adventures with IEM man. It's hard when there's so much to try, I've tried 'most' of what I wanted, anything else from here would be out of pure curiosity and possibly some boredom. Don't think for a second once GRO8 hits I won't have my money ready though!

True, I just bought the RE-262 and I think my IEM collection is complete (I wish... will it ever be?!? 
biggrin.gif
) and all my IEM needs are fulfilled with the GR07, EPH-100 and RE-262. But if the GR08 will be as good as it promises, for the price they're supposed to cost, it will be too good of a deal to pass on them. But let's wait and see... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #3,671 of 7,982
Alright, what about the K3003i then?

But in all seriousness, I hear the ASG-1 has a technically better but similar sound than the GR07 once you EQ the treble up. That sounds like it may be my next IEM.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #3,672 of 7,982
Quote:

But in all seriousness, I hear the ASG-1 has a technically better but similar sound than the GR07 once you EQ the treble up. That sounds like it may be my next IEM.

So, customs are too expensive for me but the K3003 isn't? 
biggrin.gif

But that's why I'm eagerly waiting for the GR08, as it promises to offer K3003 level performance for less than 1/3 of it's price... 
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #3,674 of 7,982
I'm hoping for better than K3003 performance considering certain IEMs in much lower price brackets already have it. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #3,675 of 7,982
Quote:

I tried the ASG-1's and really could not get on with the sig at all. To my ears it was not similar to the GR07's. I found that my brain ( and tiny ears! ) recoiled in horror for about 8 hours after going to the ASG-1, then I became acustomed to them, but I wouldnt say I enjoyed them. However, some people really rate them, and we all have differing preferances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back