VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #3,181 of 7,982
Quote:
Google translation sucks so here is my human translation:
1st, GR07 will be upgrade to GR07+ (a.k.a. GR07 MKII) in the next few month. It is still the same IEM, but with a 'balanced cable'.
[editorial note: Not really sure what VSONIC means by balanced cable, but I guess it could very well be something similar to what HifiMan has. Just so you know Fang and VSONIC CEO are pretty good friend]
2nd, There will be a new model called 'Focus 007', which will be the world first planner IEM. No price yet.
[editorial note: If you don't know what is a planner transducer, search the forum for HE6 or LCD3, etc). Yeah, quite crazy trying to fit a planner transducer in an IEM]

Thanks for your help, ClieOS
wink.gif

May 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #3,183 of 7,982
Quote:
Google translation sucks so here is my human translation:
1st, GR07 will be upgrade to GR07+ (a.k.a. GR07 MKII) in the next few month. It is still the same IEM, but with a 'balanced cable'.
[editorial note: Not really sure what VSONIC means by balanced cable, but I guess it could very well be something similar to what HifiMan has. Just so you know Fang and VSONIC CEO are pretty good friend]
2nd, There will be a new model called 'Focus 007', which will be the world first planner IEM. No price yet.
[editorial note: If you don't know what is a planner transducer, search the forum for HE6 or LCD3, etc). Yeah, quite crazy trying to fit a planner transducer in an IEM]

planar magnetic IEM?? its gonna be much more expensive than the gr07's im guessing!

May 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #3,184 of 7,982
Going through this thread is tempting me to buy these even though i just got a pair of ie80's a few weeks ago.
Anyway how do these compare to the ie80's for trance? I had a look for comparisons, but could'nt find any, and the few i did were with the ie8, which were'nt all that helpfull. Thanks :)

May 21, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,186 of 7,982
Quote:
Going through this thread is tempting me to buy these even though i just got a pair of ie80's a few weeks ago.
Anyway how do these compare to the ie80's for trance? I had a look for comparisons, but could'nt find any, and the few i did were with the ie8, which were'nt all that helpfull. Thanks :)

If you ask me the treble has a few peaks that might be a biiit fatiguing for trance, but it seems that most others aren't bothered by this so it's really hard to say.

May 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #3,187 of 7,982
Quote:
If you ask me the treble has a few peaks that might be a biiit fatiguing for trance, but it seems that most others aren't bothered by this so it's really hard to say.

I agree that there are some minor annoyances with those treble peaks, but overall, calling the gr07's "fatiguing" is a bit of a stretch if you ask me, to me, they are just the opposite, you can listen to em for hours on end :D

May 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #3,189 of 7,982
The TF10's treble are more sparkly to me, the GR07, apart from the slight peak, seems a lot more tame. Treble extension is there though, but don't expect the same presentation that comes with the v-shaped sound signature of the TF10.

May 23, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #3,190 of 7,982
when it comes to sound quality, pretty much everything has been said about this earphones, but people seems to find them not so good in isolation. 
I would like to tell you what happened today; I was waiting for the bus in the main avenue of my city, when suddenly, everyone around me stands and stare to the opposite direction i was at the moment. I've never been too curious, but since they kept looking, I turned to watch too.
About 10 mts away from me, there was a car crash (not hollywood like, but both cars were pretty damaged) and i didn't hear almost anything, while using the earphones. Maybe the thrash metal i was listening also had something to do with it.

May 24, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #3,191 of 7,982
These sound fantastic coming out of the J3 - I'm even more impressed by these, which is saying something. With high-quality flac recordings (MFSL gold cds ripped to flac, especially) this combo is stellar, like 6 o'clock to noon in 2 seconds stellar, if you catch my drift.

May 24, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #3,192 of 7,982
has anyone tried these with a high end setup? im wanting to know how far the gr07 can upscale from proper equipments.
though the sound driven straight from an iphone is fun and engaging, its by no means good enough for critical listening.

May 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #3,193 of 7,982
Quote:
has anyone tried these with a high end setup? im wanting to know how far the gr07 can upscale from proper equipments.
though the sound driven straight from an iphone is fun and engaging, its by no means good enough for critical listening.

I use them with a Fiio E10, and they do scale up from my iP4. It's not a night and day difference though.

May 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #3,194 of 7,982
Just got an E10 (not exactly high end, I know) and I'd agree, it's marginal at best. Dynamics are a smidgen better and there's a bit more clarity. I just don't think the driver has the headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back