VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #3,168 of 7,982
Throughout this thread we hear about the Gr07 requiring over 100 hours of burn in. I've picked them up but I don't know how im supposed to "burn them in". Should I just leave them playing on my PC overnight with full volume? I really don't know how to really burn them in... :p

Much help appreciated ^^ 

May 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #3,169 of 7,982
Quote:
Ive packed up my gr07s for sale, and I miss them lol. My other IEMs dont even come close.

Why are you selling them theeeeeen?
Quote:
Throughout this thread we hear about the Gr07 requiring over 100 hours of burn in. I've picked them up but I don't know how im supposed to "burn them in". Should I just leave them playing on my PC overnight with full volume? I really don't know how to really burn them in... :p

Much help appreciated ^^ 

Just use them like normal, you don't have to worry about leaving them overnight unless you really want to.  Don't bother with full volume though, just normal volume would be fine.

May 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3,170 of 7,982
Quote:
Ive packed up my gr07s for sale, and I miss them lol. My other IEMs dont even come close.

I sold my GR07 and have often regretted the decision. You might want to reconsider.

May 21, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #3,171 of 7,982
Quote:

Much help appreciated ^^ 

Not full volume!  But you should try to burn in at a volume level just slightly louder than what you would listen to them at, overnight is good because while you sleep their sound is improving.

May 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #3,172 of 7,982
Quote:

Not full volume!  But you should try to burn in at a volume level just slightly louder than what you would listen to them at, overnight is good because while you sleep their sound is improving.

I actually think full burnin isn't till after 300 hrs and that the bio-cellulose diaphragm continues burnin thereafter very slightly.   I just plugged in my player and leave it on all the time at slightly higher volume than I would listen to also. 

May 21, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #3,174 of 7,982
News from VSONIC's CEO regarding the GR07:

Quote 1:
GR07 listing has been 1 year and 6 months, next month for the first time minor revision, bringing GR07 + version. The improvements mainly for wire and change its line core to balance the line. After two or three months Vsonic acoustic will bring GR07 Tablet Series! We pioneered the use of flat-panel unit in a small headset. The sound quality than cash 07 more perfect. Stay tuned
tootha_org.gif

at 10:14 p.m. on May 17

Quote 2:
GR07 flat-panel unit earplugs has been confirmed officially named the Focus 007.The world's first exclusive flat panel unit used in the small earplugs. Price not yet announced. The quality of flat-panel unit should not be overlooked the 
heia_org.gif
GR07 upgrade version sells for 999 yuan unchanged, officially named the GR07 MK2.

17:39

Thank Google Translator for the "strange" english, but I don't understand chinese. It seems the GR07 will be updated (as we already knew, but it will be named GR07 MK2) and there will be a new different version of the GR07, the GR07 Tablet Series or Focus 007... 
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #3,175 of 7,982
Here are the original posts, from where I translated the above quotes. Maybe someone that actually understands chinese can translate it better than Google Translator did:

Quote 1:
GR07上市至今已经1年6个月了,在下个月我们进行首次小改版,带来GR07+版本。此次主要针对线材进行改良,将其线芯更改为平衡线。在两三个月后Vsonic声学将带来GR07平板系列!我们将首创在小耳机中运用平板单元。音质将比现款07更完美。敬请期待
size]

Quote 2:
GR07平板单元耳塞 目前已经确认 正式命名为 Focus 007。此次为全球首创,独家将平板单元运用在小耳塞中。售价暂未公布。平板单元素质不可小觑啊
size]
 GR07升级版售价维持999元不变,正式命名为GR07 MK2。

Thanks.

May 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #3,177 of 7,982
Quote:
I actually think full burnin isn't till after 300 hrs and that the bio-cellulose diaphragm continues burnin thereafter very slightly.   I just plugged in my player and leave it on all the time at slightly higher volume than I would listen to also. 

This is just me being on the safe side, but I'd give them a break every now and again.

May 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #3,178 of 7,982
News from VSONIC's CEO regarding the GR07:

Thank Google Translator for the "strange" english, but I don't understand chinese. It seems the GR07 will be updated (as we already knew, but it will be named GR07 MK2) and there will be a new different version of the GR07, the GR07 Tablet Series or Focus 007... :rolleyes:

Google translation sucks so here is my human translation:

1st, GR07 will be upgrade to GR07+ (a.k.a. GR07 MKII) in the next few month. It is still the same IEM, but with a 'balanced cable'.
[editorial note: Not really sure what VSONIC means by balanced cable, but I guess it could very well be something similar to what HifiMan has. Just so you know Fang and VSONIC CEO are pretty good friend]

2nd, There will be a new model called 'Focus 007', which will be the world first planner IEM. No price yet.
[editorial note: If you don't know what is a planner transducer, search the forum for HE6 or LCD3, etc). Yeah, quite crazy trying to fit a planner transducer in an IEM]

May 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #3,179 of 7,982
Planar-magnetic? Wow. That's certainly breaking new ground.

Quote:
Google translation sucks so here is my human translation:
1st, GR07 will be upgrade to GR07+ (a.k.a. GR07 MKII) in the next few month. It is still the same IEM, but with a 'balanced cable'.
[editorial note: Not really sure what VSONIC means by balanced cable, but I guess it could very well be something similar to what HifiMan has. Just so you know Fang and VSONIC CEO are pretty good friend]
2nd, There will be a new model called 'Focus 007', which will be the world first planner IEM. No price yet.
[editorial note: If you don't know what is a planner transducer, search the forum for HE6 or LCD3, etc). Yeah, quite crazy trying to fit a planner transducer in an IEM]

May 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #3,180 of 7,982
Wow, planar magnetic... Now where's my 6 BA per ear IEM... err EM? 
I'm assuming they're having trouble with the "In" part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back