VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #3,061 of 7,982
Just got mine as well. Been on a buying frenzy since before Christmas (thanks to the evil IEM deals thread). Very early on, but my take is, lovely midrange, anemic bass. I know everyone will tell me "bad seal", (makes me want to clap my fins), and that could be. The shape of the phones, with that flat back and shallow tip on an angle, seems to make it hard to really seal. Another recent the purchase the ATH M-50, which, while it doesn't have the clear, open mids of the Vsonic, has much more bass, bounce, rhythm (all interconnected). I generally do have a hard time with fit, and maybe I need to plug them in and burn them in, but I'm a bit disappointed my experience so far doesn't match the large group of "best phones I've ever heard, even at 3 times the price" fans. I'll try burning them and go through more tips.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #3,062 of 7,982

Quote:
Just got mine as well. Been on a buying frenzy since before Christmas (thanks to the evil IEM deals thread). Very early on, but my take is, lovely midrange, anemic bass. I know everyone will tell me "bad seal", (makes me want to clap my fins), and that could be. The shape of the phones, with that flat back and shallow tip on an angle, seems to make it hard to really seal. Another recent the purchase the ATH M-50, which, while it doesn't have the clear, open mids of the Vsonic, has much more bass, bounce, rhythm (all interconnected). I generally do have a hard time with fit, and maybe I need to plug them in and burn them in, but I'm a bit disappointed my experience so far doesn't match the large group of "best phones I've ever heard, even at 3 times the price" fans. I'll try burning them and go through more tips.

Continue to clap your hands as you try new tips

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,063 of 7,982
Could you tell me the condition of yours.

See my Post above.

Quote:

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #3,064 of 7,982

Quote:
I just opened my GR07's this A.M. and I was a bit concerned so I desire to ask if this is something to be concerned about.

Purchased from lendmeurears on ebay and the headphone case was wrapped in a green type of paper with a Label on the front which looked like a SKU Number. When I opened the paper wrapping the outer plastic case looked very scuffed up and it was not tape sealed.

Does this plastic case typically come sealed?

When I opened and reviewed the contents everything looked new but that plastic outer case bothered me somewhat.

Same here. I also bought from lendmeurears' website. No seal on the packaging. The packaging was scuffed and somewhat worn. I was expecting the packaging to look brand new. There was a little bit of glue residue on the right earpiece, right where it says "GR07." I used a Q-Tip to wipe it off. The earphones work though.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #3,065 of 7,982
Mine were packed OK, as I recall, nothing stood out, had to open the box, the usual struggle with this plastic wrapping.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #3,066 of 7,982
I just searched and found the review from about a year ago by ljokerl, and my packaging is nothing like his. He got a fancy box, mine was just clear plastic over a felt board that holds the headphones. I also received a soft bag with a pull-close at the top; he mentions the hard case included with his. I did get the cable guides (which I've already lost, but managed fine over the ear without them) and the tips as he mentioned. Don't know if it's anything significant or not.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #3,067 of 7,982

I just searched and found the review from about a year ago by ljokerl, and my packaging is nothing like his. He got a fancy box, mine was just clear plastic over a felt board that holds the headphones. I also received a soft bag with a pull-close at the top; he mentions the hard case included with his. I did get the cable guides (which I've already lost, but managed fine over the ear without them) and the tips as he mentioned. Don't know if it's anything significant or not.

The one Joker has is the first version of the GR07. I don't really know any differences between the two versions, but the major difference is the packaging and its included accessories.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #3,068 of 7,982

That was the original package/accessories. Less tips and a clamshell case. They added a lot more tips, and switched the hardcase to the softcase. I think the originals were black too. What you have is legit, I believe, just a beat up package.

EDIT: Oops, you were the one of the 3 or 4 of us that didn't have a scuffed package.

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #3,069 of 7,982
Same goes for me, got mine from lendmeurears too and my gr07 and 06 are both not sealed.

Upon unboxing, seems like they've not been tampered with and everything looks pristine.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #3,070 of 7,982

Quote:
Same goes for me, got mine from lendmeurears too and my gr07 and 06 are both not sealed.

Upon unboxing, seems like they've not been tampered with and everything looks pristine.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

The scuffed up plastic sleeve really threw me for a loop thinking it was a used repackaged unit but I had 60 Days to Exchage it.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #3,071 of 7,982
Do all GR07 have "walkaudio" stamped on each headphone? Makes no sense 
etysmile.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #3,072 of 7,982

Quote:
Do all GR07 have "walkaudio" stamped on each headphone? Makes no sense 
etysmile.gif

It is there for historical reason as that's what GR07 was supposed to be called when it was first developed back in 2008. They didn't change the design of the housing so it is still there today.

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #3,074 of 7,982
It is there for historical reason as that's what GR07 was supposed to be called when it was first developed back in 2008. They didn't change the design of the housing so it is still there today.

Well they did add GR07 on it. It kind of reminds me of the old 'Walkman' logo where they use '.' with the 'A'. Maybe a nod to the licenced driver technology, a bit tenuous I know :D

I got the Fiio E10 today, and I couldn't be happier with it. It takes my GR07 up from Joker's 9.1 rating to a 9.25 in my book. It's no short of a steal at the price I got it for.

How does it improve?

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #3,075 of 7,982

Quote:
I got the Fiio E10 today, and I couldn't be happier with it. It takes my GR07 up from Joker's 9.1 rating to a 9.25 in my book. It's no short of a steal at the price I got it for.

So, you went for the E10 after all... What were the major improvements you found? 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back