VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #2,866 of 7,982

Quote:
Do you people use ear guides?
I tried to use it, but I don't like it =/

I always plan on buying Sony EX1000... But I think I've found my best friends 
tongue.gif

Nah, I just twist the cable a bit before looping them over and use the chin slider to keep them in place. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2,868 of 7,982

Quote:
Nah, I just twist the cable a bit before looping them over and use the chin slider to keep them in place. 

No Ear guides here either. I have the old ones. I just tuen the phone 1 turn counter clockwise, and it's perfect

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #2,869 of 7,982
No Ear guides here either. I have the old ones. I just tuen the phone 1 turn counter clockwise, and it's perfect

The old ear guides are pretty comfy. I want to try this but I don't want to place unnecessary stress on the cable and strain relief... Do you need the chin slider with this technique?

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #2,870 of 7,982

Quote:
The old ear guides are pretty comfy. I want to try this but I don't want to place unnecessary stress on the cable and strain relief... Do you need the chin slider with this technique?

I like the older ear guides too...

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #2,871 of 7,982
I was listening to mine today and the left side was barely audible. I changed the balance on my ipod to correct it but I think the left side is clogged with wax. How can I clean them out?

EDIT: Well, I figured out how to remove the mesh and clean it. Everything went well with the left but when I went to replace the right, the metal piece shot out of my tweezers and I lost it. Time to find a replacement. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #2,872 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:

You just twist it like once or twice, not enough to put strain on anything. This makes the chin slider less necessary, though you'll probably still need it for a secure fit.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #2,873 of 7,982

Quote:
I was listening to mine today and the left side was barely audible. I changed the balance on my ipod to correct it but I think the left side is clogged with wax. How can I clean them out?

EDIT: Well, I figured out how to remove the mesh and clean it. Everything went well with the left but when I went to replace the right, the metal piece shot out of my tweezers and I lost it. Time to find a replacement. 

how in gods name did you do that? I have no idea how to remove the mesh. and the metal piece as in the nozzle!?

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #2,874 of 7,982
Quote: Originally Posted by vwinter  The old ear guides are pretty comfy. I want to try this but I don't want to place unnecessary stress on the cable and strain relief... Do you need the chin slider with this technique? I like the older ear guides too...  

Put the left piece over the ear, twist counter clockwise and insert. Put right piece over twist clockwise, insert. One or two twists is sufficient. Adjust chin slider as needed. Usually a quarter way up

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #2,875 of 7,982

Quote:

You sure you can't find it anywhere...?  That certainly sucks...not sure if you'd find a replacement anywhere for that.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #2,876 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:

You sure you can't find it anywhere...?  That certainly sucks...not sure if you'd find a replacement anywhere for that.

Might be able to make your own?

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #2,878 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:
Might be able to make your own?

Not sure exactly how possible that is...not even sure if you can find mesh that small anywhere, then actually cut it into the exact right shape and size...

Wait, did he lose the mesh or the little retaining clip? the clip is rather easier to make, though still kinda hard... I'm sure you can buy that mesh in bulk somewhere... Though you may not have much use for a square yard of it...

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #2,880 of 7,982

Quote:

And I'm still trying to get my hands on a pair of those old earguides. I think they'll suit me better than the newer ones, as I find them too thick to wear with glasses... 
rolleyes.gif

The Phonák Audeo earguides are pretty similitar (at least from the photos) to the ones that came with the first batch of GR07s but they are hard to come by at a reasonable price if you live in Portugal (like me).

I found them on hifiheadphones.co.uk but it's a bit expensive, it ends up being about 26€ for 3 pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back