VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #2,656 of 7,982

Quote:
Source is a laptop with attched 1.5 TB external pocket drive containing 27,000+ CDs all ripped to lossless WAV files.  So yeah, I am able to justify a good portable amp for them.

Ok that makes sense. Maybe something like the Fiio E10 may do the trick for you.

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,657 of 7,982

Quote:
Source is a laptop with attched 1.5 TB external pocket drive containing 27,000+ CDs all ripped to lossless WAV files.  So yeah, I am able to justify a good portable amp for them.

Wow....how long you take to rip 27,000+ CDs to lossless???  Impressive.   It took me 1 year to convert my 1000 CDs to my Olive04HD.   Enjoy!

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2,658 of 7,982
Just saying. These things and a Zune 30 is.... Oh my.... This has been the highlight of my days coming home and playing anything on the Zune 30 with these. 
L3000.gif
 Oh, and on tips, I find the stock medium sized ones to work great for my huge ears. The Sony Purple and Light Blue ones work too, but it doesn't sound as good to me.

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #2,659 of 7,982

Quote:
Wow....how long you take to rip 27,000+ CDs to lossless???  Impressive.   It took me 1 year to convert my 1000 CDs to my Olive04HD.   Enjoy!

Well .... I would not know. I was given quite a lot of this music from a couple of best friends whom I supplied with thousands of dollars worth of some of the world's best wiring products. I can tell you that I do buy and burn 3 DCs a week though, but that is easy squeezy 
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #2,660 of 7,982
Wake up you chowderheads LOL ....    I do need some serious help now.  Having ordered the GR07s, I am now about to order a portable amp for them .... AND DO NOT want to make a mistake.  This post is regarding the HISS some people have reported.  I was just about to order a Furutech Cruise portable amp/dac, and have read about 5 glowing reviews on it, but one review on Headfi mentioned the amp had some hiss with high sensitivity IEMs he was using. 
THEN I see where some people on this very thread have mentioned the GR07 has hiss issues.  So am I likely making a mistake with that amp choice ?  No other reviewer has mentioned hiss with the Cruise amp, only the one Headfier reviewer.

I wanted the Cruise, but could always go with a Practical devices or Ray Samuels product.  So ...... some opinions, thoughts, or advice please ?   Thanks

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #2,661 of 7,982

Quote:
Wake up you chowderheads LOL ....    I do need some serious help now.  Having ordered the GR07s, I am now about to order a portable amp for them .... AND DO NOT want to make a mistake.  This post is regarding the HISS some people have reported.  I was just about to order a Furutech Cruise portable amp/dac, and have read about 5 glowing reviews on it, but one review on Headfi mentioned the amp had some hiss with high sensitivity IEMs he was using. 
THEN I see where some people on this very thread have mentioned the GR07 has hiss issues.  So am I likely making a mistake with that amp choice ?  No other reviewer has mentioned hiss with the Cruise amp, only the one Headfier reviewer.

I wanted the Cruise, but could always go with a Practical devices or Ray Samuels product.  So ...... some opinions, thoughts, or advice please ?   Thanks

The GR07s don't have hiss issues - they do have a bit of sibilance that most owners claim goes away after burning them in for about 200 hours. I can't comment on your choice of amp since I don't use one with mine - I'm sure somebody on here will help you out before long.

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #2,663 of 7,982

Quote:
The silver pair are on sale for $129.88 at Lendmeurears now - http://lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=138

Edit: I really want these in black. I think I'm going to pre-order from Treoo, but they're showing the black box, while listing 13 ear tips? Anyone think they're shipping the newer white box?

Jocelyn, I've preordered from Treoo too which should be the black version.
I keep reading about newer boxes but I have no idea what everyone is talking about.
Care to enlighten me?

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #2,664 of 7,982
Well they list the newer version in the product description ie; 13 ear tips, etc., but the photos clearly show the older set of tips. I'm pretty sure the newer version come with a better cable as in more it's flexible, but I still have no idea which set they're sending out. I emailed them, first it was black/Burgundian, then they wrote back and said errr "maybe" white lol. I wrote them back almost 24 hours ago asking why the description doesn't match the photos and still haven't heard back from them. I'd love to know what's being sent out.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #2,665 of 7,982

Quote:
Well they list the newer version in the product description ie; 13 ear tips, etc., but the photos clearly show the older set of tips. I'm pretty sure the newer version come with a better cable as in more it's flexible, but I still have no idea which set they're sending out. I emailed them, first it was black/Burgundian, then they wrote back and said errr "maybe" white lol. I wrote them back almost 24 hours ago asking why the description doesn't match the photos and still haven't heard back from them. I'd love to know what's being sent out.
Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

Oops I didn't even realise this. Now I'm hoping they give us the new version.
Anyway I'm in Singapore so I'll give them a call tomorrow (not sure if they are open on weekends) or Monday and if I receive any news, I'll let you know.

Mar 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #2,667 of 7,982
Geez... everybody says the sibilance goes away after few hundred hours of bur in... in my experience, the sibilance still there after more than 400 hours... The ear get accostumed with, and if you turn really down the volume, it will no show up, but at half volume on J3 the sibilance comes again... I still like it a lot, to hear at my home, with very low volume, but I wish i could really get rid of this sibilance...

Mar 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #2,668 of 7,982

Quote:
Geez... everybody says the sibilance goes away after few hundred hours of bur in... in my experience, the sibilance still there after more than 400 hours... The ear get accostumed with, and if you turn really down the volume, it will no show up, but at half volume on J3 the sibilance comes again... I still like it a lot, to hear at my home, with very low volume, but I wish i could really get rid of this sibilance...

The treble spike is a characteristic of the sound, methinks. It will probably never go away completely.

Mar 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #2,670 of 7,982
I wish I could skip EQ fixing... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back