VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #2,401 of 7,982

Quote:
Can somone describe the changes to me please , at the moment the sizzzz noise at the high pitch is really really pissing me off the mids are quite laid back as well.

Wait about 50-100 hours...it'll subside.  That's the only thing I noticed change...the simblance...even though I wasn't terribly bothered by it like some others are.

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2,404 of 7,982

Quote:
Can somone describe the changes to me please , at the moment the sizzzz noise at the high pitch is really really pissing me off the mids are quite laid back as well.

The mids definitely come forward but never in a fatiguing way so if you mean laid back as in lacking energy, that only changes a small bit.

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #2,405 of 7,982
From my personal experience, biggest sound changes ocurred at 150-200 hours of burn-in and that sibilance was really reduced (it was really bad for me before, as I really hate sibilance). And also, using foam tips (currently using Jays Foams, which are better than the stock ones) really made a huge diference... Since those changes, I love my GR07's! 
wink.gif

Quote:

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #2,406 of 7,982
thanks everyone :) seems like more burn-in is needed , and find the right tips, i personally quite like the stock semi-foam tips.

and if all doesn't go right i think i will probs swap for the UE tf10

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #2,407 of 7,982
Hmm, I have been pretty happy with the stock tips that came with mine. In fact, I haven't even switched to any of the other stock tips it came with, Ill have to experiment tonight. There may be some Jays tips in my future just for giggles. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,408 of 7,982
I just got the white box version of these and they really hurt my ears. Comfort wise that is.
I feel like the tips are going down too far in my ear and I'm getting headaches.
Is this an IEM thing that I'm not used to or is the GR07s?
Anyone else finding them really uncomfortable?

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #2,409 of 7,982

Quote:
I just got the white box version of these and they really hurt my ears. Comfort wise that is.
I feel like the tips are going down too far in my ear and I'm getting headaches.

Have you tried all the tips that come with it (a lot of them)? Or, does that happen with all of the supplied tips? 
confused.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #2,410 of 7,982
Just make sure the tips are all the way up the nozzle, and since the nozzle is on a swivel, move it towards the center. Maybe a little stiff since new, but it is my guess that you are hitting the edge of the outside nozzle in your ear. This happens to me every so often with some tips, simple adjust the moveable nozzle

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #2,411 of 7,982

Quote:

Is it the canal itself that hurts, or the outer ear? if it's your outer ear, it might be because the housings are a bit big for your ears. If it's your canals, maybe you're just not an IEM person, because the GR07s don't go in particularly deep.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #2,412 of 7,982

Quote:
Is it the canal itself that hurts, or the outer ear? if it's your outer ear, it might be because the housings are a bit big for your ears. If it's your canals, maybe you're just not an IEM person, because the GR07s don't go in particularly deep.

I've tried all the tips and it's the canals itself that hurt... I guess it's an IEM thing, that's sad cuz I really like these.
I'm going to try them again tomorrow after my ears calm down, hopefully they'll feel better.
Thanks for the help.

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,413 of 7,982

Quote:
hmm 50hrs of run-in , not much difference yet, i might actually sell these then get the tf10, 

or should i run in for more time and see how it goes ?

I'd wait a least 200 hrs if I were you. People commonly expereince the most drastic change between 150-200hrs. I did at around the 175hrs mark. 

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #2,414 of 7,982
hi all.
How is the cable quality of the GR07?
This is the weakest part of IEMs, for me at least. Since the cable is not removable, a damaged cable would render it unusable.
I hope someone who owns then for a long time can comment about the cable quality. 
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back