VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #2,327 of 7,982
I did, and it didn't work. You need to melt the cores slightly with a soldering iron. It's not worth the effort, though - you might destroy the 07s in the process, and even if you can make them fit (as I did), you will be disappointed by the attenuated treble.

Sony green hybrids are the way to go. Save the Olives for Etys (where they work a treat).

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #2,333 of 7,982
does anyone have tried to remove the metal filter??

in order to proper cleaning..

thank you

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #2,334 of 7,982

Quote:
does anyone have tried to remove the metal filter??

in order to proper cleaning..

thank you

Last time I tried I broke the metal pins. I think I didn't do it properly though. On my new pair, I'm looking more closely and I think you have to use a tweezer to squeeze the pins together before you try to pull up.

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2,335 of 7,982

Quote:
Last time I tried I broke the metal pins. I think I didn't do it properly though. On my new pair, I'm looking more closely and I think you have to use a tweezer to squeeze the pins together before you try to pull up.

yes, i was able to get out the piece thats holding the metal filter that way, in a very carefull way! you have to reduce the diameter of that piece in order to get it out.

good luck, don't stress if the tweezer jumps out serveral times:/ 

(after the taking that out, the filter doesn't fall)
Since the red diameter is bigger than the green one, i think this metal part was fitted in the iem from the outside. so i also think if we try to pull it out, it comes out. so after the pin is out, the metal filter should be easier to remove.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #2,336 of 7,982
I send an email to Vsonic about our filter removal question. Waiting for their reply...

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #2,337 of 7,982

Quote:
Some VSONIC eye candy for y'all... http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100002691.htm

Wow, those look nice...wonder when they will be released?

Quote:
I noticed that the cable near the housings became green beneath the cable plastic. I remember that some one else had the same issue.. Is it because the metal became rusty? Does this affect sound?

Found the threat here

Yeah, I think this is due to the silver oxidizing, or something like that...it seems to happen from the ends of the cable then work its way in.  I didn't notice any change in sound, but honestly if there were it would probably be so tiny that you wouldn't be able to tell a difference anyway.

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #2,338 of 7,982

Quote:
I noticed that the cable near the housings became green beneath the cable plastic. I remember that some one else had the same issue.. Is it because the metal became rusty? Does this affect sound?

Found the threat here

I have recently noticed this as well. It's probably some mild oxidation of the silver. However, I haven't noticed any change in the sound, and if you don't touch it, it'll probbaly just oxidize the surface and stop. I actually think it looks pretty interesting.

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #2,339 of 7,982

Quote:
I have recently noticed this as well. It's probably some mild oxidation of the silver. However, I haven't noticed any change in the sound, and if you don't touch it, it'll probbaly just oxidize the surface and stop. I actually think it looks pretty interesting.

Yeah! Like some alien growing up inside the earphone to make it sound even better! lol

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2,340 of 7,982
Hey my gr07 sounds better now! the sibilance is gone after the oxidation! xD, some one please make the photo with that guy with the alien headphones.. my cable is oxidated.. caused sibilance to disappear!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back