VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #2,266 of 7,982

Quote:
I stopped using the ear guides, too much hassle.
when you put the wire over your ears, turn the left ear piece counter clockwise once or twice then insert, do same for the right, but clockwise.

The stock ear guides are possibly the worst I have ever used. Somebody mentioned the phonak ones, they're good... even better (imo), are the meelec ones, which cost a mere $2.99.

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/393.htm

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #2,267 of 7,982
These appears to be better. Will definately get it at some point. Although, it is another piece to carry around. For now, this technique works fine, the wire does not roll off from ears anymore.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #2,268 of 7,982

Quote:
The stock ear guides are possibly the worst I have ever used. Somebody mentioned the phonak ones, they're good... even better (imo), are the meelec ones, which cost a mere $2.99.

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/393.htm

I like these with the GR07 but they are little small for the wires. For this reason, the wires keep popping out. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #2,270 of 7,982
Thanks for the replies! I'll have a look at the phonak and meelec ones freefallr and nulliverse recommended.

For now, I got in contact with Frogbeats where I bought them and they said they might have a spare pair of guides from a returned GR06 set which they could send to me!

eke2k6: Thanks for the offer but I live in the UK and shipping will be a pain.

heyodee: I might try that. At the moment the wires want to hang outwards so they don't rest behind the ear very well without guides. Hence tucking it behind my glasses.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #2,271 of 7,982
Are your earguides from the older or the newer GR07 package? I'm still trying to get a pair of the old earguides, but I've had no luck so far... 
frown.gif

Quote:
I don't need my earguides anymore. PM me if you want them

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #2,273 of 7,982
Just got mine the other day and working hard to burn them in to anybody else find they sounded a bit "dark" ??? I'm using them with a 5.5g rockboxed ipod and a fiio E7. Just when playing hip-hop i find the bass a bit muddy (only a slight bit) and doesn't matter if I use the E7 EQ or the ipods.

Might just be me but i am very very happy with them

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,274 of 7,982
I find the old guides a lot better. First of all they look better on the ear but they are also a lot more rigid. They tried to make the new ones a lot more flexible using silicone but for me this means they easily fail doing their job, especially when i try to wear the gr07 behind my back.
I also noticed that the new guides sometimes cant control the cable which pops out of them.. Old ones ftw!

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #2,275 of 7,982
They turn out very clear with extremely well delivered bass. Give them more listen :wink:

Quote:
Just got mine the other day and working hard to burn them in to anybody else find they sounded a bit "dark" ??? I'm using them with a 5.5g rockboxed ipod and a fiio E7. Just when playing hip-hop i find the bass a bit muddy (only a slight bit) and doesn't matter if I use the E7 EQ or the ipods.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #2,276 of 7,982

Quote:

The E7 has a warmer sound than most sources. Try it straight from the ipod, or another source

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,277 of 7,982
I have an extra pair of the old ones.  But one of them is a little more rubbery than the other for some reason...? And the cable falls out of one of them a little more easily.  Not sure what happened there.

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #2,278 of 7,982

Quote:
Finally got my GR07 to the 200hr mark and they sound absolutely awesome. I run this through my E6 with subtle bass boost and they sound perfect. :)

Hey gian, How do you like your e6 (off topic) I may take the amp plunge, and it seems that one may be decent to start

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2,279 of 7,982

Quote:
I have an extra pair of the old ones.  But one of them is a little more rubbery than the other for some reason...? And the cable falls out of one of them a little more easily.  Not sure what happened there.

Yeah they fall out of mine too. Don;t use them. I do the twist method mentioned above

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #2,280 of 7,982

Quote:

Work harder 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back