VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #2,281 of 7,982
LOL

Quote:
Work harder 
deadhorse.gif

doof-ed, be patient, let them burn-in properly, and your patience will be rewarded... 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #2,282 of 7,982
So what is the correct / proper way to burn them in?? I've just been playing usual music at normal listening levels (almost) constantly

Quote:
LOL

doof-ed, be patient, let them burn-in properly, and your patience will be rewarded... 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #2,284 of 7,982
Yes, that's what I did. I have an old Creative DAP that I only use to burn-in headphones. I just leave it playing for some days... 
wink.gif

Quote:
So what is the correct / proper way to burn them in?? I've just been playing usual music at normal listening levels (almost) constantly

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2,286 of 7,982

Quote:

That will work!! Good job

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #2,287 of 7,982
So after having these for about a week I am loving them. Money well spent in my opinion. 

Question: I primarily use them with my iPod Touch at work, which only had preset EQ options. I was looking at maybe a portable amp and line out that would provide me with some ED options - but I don't want to lose sound quality or change the sound too much. I like the more neutral sound of the phones, but would like to be able to make slight adjustments here in there.

Any suggestions for one?? Even though these are easy to drive, I wouldn't mind getting a nicer amp or a combo amp/dac that I could use for future purchases. Unfortunately I see this becoming an obsession much like my home theatre has become (my wife is going to kill me!! 
biggrin.gif
). 

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #2,288 of 7,982
Quote:
Any suggestions for one?? Even though these are easy to drive, I wouldn't mind getting a nicer amp or a combo amp/dac that I could use for future purchases. Unfortunately I see this becoming an obsession much like my home theatre has become (my wife is going to kill me!! 
biggrin.gif
). 

While my experience with AMP/DAC's is quite limited, the Studio-V AMP/DAC combo has really taken my listening experience/enjoyment to another level. I'd highly recommend it, for use with any in-ears. I use mine with my PFE232, EX1000, and Miracle, and it renders each one beautifully. See the following two Studio-V threads for more information:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551442/hisoundaudio-studio-v-review
http://www.head-fi.org/t/588060/hisoundaudio-s-studio-v-250-decent-dap-earphone-amplifier-earbuds

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #2,289 of 7,982
I am not raving at an unreleased product but FiiO E17 seems to have a +/-5 (looks more like 10 steps to me from the pictures) steps of treble and bass adjustments.

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,291 of 7,982
TS400 is technically too big, however it fits on the last rung of the nozzle.  For proper fit it should fit snug on the entire nozzle, so you run the risk of it coming off in your ear with the 400 series.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #2,293 of 7,982

Quote:
TS400 is technically too big, however it fits on the last rung of the nozzle.  For proper fit it should fit snug on the entire nozzle, so you run the risk of it coming off in your ear with the 400 series.

Comply does not have a tip that tests positive for the GR07....Ts200/T200 will fit....they are not recommended by Comply but they fit.  The Ts400 (core too large) risks coming off in your ear.  I have talked to Nate, Technical Support, and he says they won't have a tip for the GR07 that is recommended by Comply.  Just a FYI!

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2,294 of 7,982

Quote:
Comply does not have a tip that tests positive for the GR07....Ts200/T200 will fit....they are not recommended by Comply but they fit.  The Ts400 (core too large) risks coming off in your ear.  I have talked to Nate, Technical Support, and he says they won't have a tip for the GR07 that is recommended by Comply.  Just a FYI!

And why wont they?
blink.gif
Probably the Gr07 market is too small for them?

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #2,295 of 7,982
The nozzle on the GR07 is close to the Sony EX series and 200 is recommended for those, so that would be what I'd go with.  They also don't have one for the FXT90 but the 400 will fit it, albeit a little tight but it's better than the 500 made for the TF10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back