VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #2,028 of 7,982

Quote:
What do you guys think about DAC's and amps with the GR07? Do they offer a better sound quality? I could only assume the DAC would be a good investment as I can hear a lot of interference using the built-in headphone jack on my laptop. As with different amps, are there any differences in sound or sound quality by using different DAC's with the GR07's?

DACs will always offer a improvement especially if the original source(laptop headphone jack) is lacking.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #2,029 of 7,982

Quote:
DACs will always offer a improvement especially if the original source(laptop headphone jack) is lacking.

That's what I figured, but I didn't know if they made any difference in the sound (tone) as amps do, or if they simply enhance the quality as a better source. Are there certain DAC's which would pair better with the GR07 or do they not have the same symbiotic concerns which you encounter with other components?

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #2,031 of 7,982

In my experience it was the Gel ones that didn't fit well on the nozzle and was always left behind in my ear, and the Foam ones always were tight.

Quote:
The Gel fits just fine on mine, but the foam is a bit too loose (ie left in the ear a few times when you pull out the GR07)

I do not have experience with much DACs at all, but as a personal recommendation the Fiio E7/ E10 or Ibasso D-Zero are really good for the price. I had a lot of noise through my laptop's headphone jack and a bunch of other problems and my E7 took care of all of that - but it cannot handle hi-res (only 16 bit as I recall).

Quote:
That's what I figured, but I didn't know if they made any difference in the sound (tone) as amps do, or if they simply enhance the quality as a better source. Are there certain DAC's which would pair better with the GR07 or do they not have the same symbiotic concerns which you encounter with other components?

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #2,032 of 7,982
I used a core spacer from an old pair of Comply foams when I want to use the Monsters on my GR07. But I bought that Monster sampler pack for $8.00 (on sale) recently it came with like three or four sets of it's "red dot" rubber spacers. I'll probably try that with my gels and foam hybrids tonight on the GR07.

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #2,033 of 7,982

uuuuffff

Finally I finished this thread! I was reading like a maniac, and so far I have only good expectations about my GR07. I jumped in the VSONIC wagon, and I'm waiting my new toy to arrive by monday (please, DHL guy, don't fail me)!

I wish I can be happy with this one....

L3000.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #2,035 of 7,982
Quote:
I used a core spacer from an old pair of Comply foams when I want to use the Monsters on my GR07. But I bought that Monster sampler pack for $8.00 (on sale) recently it came with like three or four sets of it's "red dot" rubber spacers. I'll probably try that with my gels and foam hybrids tonight on the GR07.

Hmm the Monsters stayed on pretty tight for me without the spacers. Do you push the tips down all the way to the base?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #2,037 of 7,982

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm the Monsters stayed on pretty tight for me without the spacers. Do you push the tips down all the way to the base?

I'm wondering if you have the new foam hybrids from Monster? I had the original one and they are pretty loose. They'll stay on the GR0R but when I pulled the IEM out the tips would remain my ears without the spacer. Now, I have the new refined Monster tips and I haven't tried those yet, but I will. I'm really enjoying the UE new blue silicons on the GR07, FXT90 and 7550 now.

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2,038 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm wondering if you have the new foam hybrids from Monster? I had the original one and they are pretty loose. They'll stay on the GR0R but when I pulled the IEM out the tips would remain my ears without the spacer. Now, I have the new refined Monster tips and I haven't tried those yet, but I will. I'm really enjoying the UE new blue silicons on the GR07, FXT90 and 7550 now.

eric,  How do you get the UE tips to stay on the GR07?

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #2,039 of 7,982

Quote:
eric,  How do you get the UE tips to stay on the GR07?

I thought they fitted on perfectly, but they can slide off once in ear. They need the Monster Red Dot cores.

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #2,040 of 7,982
To anyone interested, forgbeats in UK as the GR07 in stock at the moment 105£.
I took advantage of the preorder price 99£ which ended on 1 December.
Mine should arrive next Monday.
Great customer service from Frogbeats.

This will be my reference IEM after my RE0 broke up some months ago.
The only thig that worries my about the sonic descriptions I've read about it is the sibilant lower treble...
Has anyone upgraded from the RE0 to GR07? In what way does the GR07 improve upon the RE0 sound?
To anyone who has heard both the RE0 and GR07, is the GR07 more sibilant than the RE0?
I know that the RE0 is sord of a benchmark for treble quality, I'm afraid that the GR07 will faul to short of it...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back