VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #2,000 of 7,982
On a non-GR07 related (but VSONIC related) note, I was digging through Taobao just now and noticed the GR99 was on sale there. It looks like a very entry level model, at a price of only 99 RMB (~$15 USD). The GR01 is also on pre-order (to come out within a month) at a price of 1299 RMB (~$200 USD).

All VSONIC products seem to have approximately a $10-15 USD markup when exported overseas, so yeah, hopefully we can expect the GR01 in early 2012.

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2,001 of 7,982
does anyone else have this issue? i just switched my tips to the large sony hybrids on my gr07's, which has helped greatly with bass. before i was using the large stock tips, and with those, i couldn't get a proper fit/seal in my right ear, and most the bass was in the left ear. now that i've switched to the large sony hybrids, i'm getting very heavy, full bass in the right ear, but it seems less in the left ear now. is it possible that most songs are mastered this way, or do i need to fool around with the nozzle or switch to a smaller tip? thanks.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #2,002 of 7,982

I do not know, as I get balanced sound (depends on the song of course) with mine. Maybe it has to do with the shape of your ear canals? They might be different. Try to experiment with other IEMs or even headphones. 
Quote:
does anyone else have this issue? i just switched my tips to the large sony hybrids on my gr07's, which has helped greatly with bass. before i was using the large stock tips, and with those, i couldn't get a proper fit/seal in my right ear, and most the bass was in the left ear. now that i've switched to the large sony hybrids, i'm getting very heavy, full bass in the right ear, but it seems less in the left ear now. is it possible that most songs are mastered this way, or do i need to fool around with the nozzle or switch to a smaller tip? thanks.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2,003 of 7,982

Quote:

exact same problem that i have, the bass in the left ear is more....

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #2,005 of 7,982

Quote:

Mate, go and get yourself some UE silicone, preferably the TF10's one, I have been having trouble in getting the perfect seal, this does it for me.

Failing that, Shure's E series silicone will give a good seal too, though not as good as TF10's silicone IMO

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #2,006 of 7,982

Quote:
Yes it does :)

So does T-200, and T-500

I have all of them and they all fit, but still doesn't give me as good seal as UE's stock silicone

they only loosely fit, i tried using it with mine for about 3 days and they kept coming off in my ears.

They don stay on the first 'bump' on the nozzle, they fit on the back one so it doesn't allow deep insertion.

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2,009 of 7,982

Quote:
shure olives fit right??

i don't think i like Complys anymore....does the Olives fit the X10 as well??

The olives are a very tight squeeze (think virgin). You'll need to stretch out the core with tweezers. Also, they attenuate the highs and mids. Not worth the effort IMO

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2,010 of 7,982

Quote:
exact same problem that i have, the bass in the left ear is more....

yeah, it was more full in the left ear for me with the stock tips ... but now it's switched, haha. now the right ear with the large hybrids is more full as far as bass goes. honestly, i don't notice it TOO much, but i listened to both ears separately and the left is definitely more lacking now. i might try to switch the left to a medium tip and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back