VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #1,981 of 7,982
Why mess around with an already excellent sound? In my opinion, just leave the GR07 as it is. It's safer and wiser...
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #1,982 of 7,982
Also, the GR07 was under development for over a year afaik. It was apparently tuned to a set of monitor speakers so I'd guess that it took them a long time to get it right. Reshelling would only make things worse imo, and I think it's better to just save up more for a full-fledged custom.

Quote:
A reshell of a dynamic driver would almost certainly require a frequency response chart being made before and after for comparison to maintain the signature.  And possibly a good few tries to tune it to get the same response as before.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,983 of 7,982
According to what was said earlier in this thread, it wasn't monitor speakers used as reference to tune the GR07, but some Focal Grande Utopia Be floorstanders... 
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Also, the GR07 was under development for over a year afaik. It was apparently tuned to a set of monitor speakers so I'd guess that it took them a long time to get it right. Reshelling would only make things worse imo, and I think it's better to just save up more for a full-fledged custom.

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #1,984 of 7,982
My questions were simple. If anyone tried the mentioned things, well, I just wanted to know. Thanks for your warnings.

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #1,987 of 7,982
How do these compare with the HF5s? I have a pair of HF3s (which sound the same as the HF5s I believe) on order from amazon. I got to try both the HF5s and GR07s for about a minute each a few days ago. Both impressed me a lot. The things the GR07s have over the HF5s for me atm are the more comfortable fit (the HF5s are ear rape!) and better cable (the HF5 cable seemed rather microphonic to me...). But the isolation of the HF5 is truly impressive, and will probably be useful for sleeping on public transport! Also, the HF5/HF3 will cost me about $50 less... I just can't decide which to get - during my short auditions they seemed to sound fairly similar :/

Also, I would appreciate if someone who's heard both this and klipsch X10s can give opinions! I ordered a pair of X10s on impulse during the gold box deal yesterday and am wondering how they match up to the GR07s and HF5s, haha.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #1,989 of 7,982
I don't know but after some quick googling maybe these will do it? 
http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Over_the_Ear_Cable_Guides_p/ep-cableguide-bk.htm

Also, I think you can try and email lendmeurears as they might carry the accesories included for the GR07 separately. I remember this from their post on their facebook wall.
Quote:
Any ideas on where I can get replacement ear guides for these? Stock or other brands that would fit are fine.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #1,992 of 7,982
Phonak eargides loose their shape rather quick and give poor cable fixation.

Quote:
Those earguides from Phonak look like the ones included in the old GR07 package. I have the new ones, from the new package, which I feel not to fit the shape of my ears in the best way. I'd also like to try those Phonak's... 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I believe Phonak make some of the nicest

http://www.audeoworld.com/en/US/Products/Parts/Siliconeearguides.htm

If anyone decides to buy them and want to sell a pair i would be interested.

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #1,994 of 7,982
Hi.
I have R04 and I want to buy comply foam tips for R04.
I couldn't find any suggestions about R04 with comply foam.
Now , I noticed that R04's and GR07's nozzles seems similar.
Which tips are compatible with GR07 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back