VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #1,921 of 7,982
They did sound better on my commute this morning and less boring. They are few steps better than my Brainwavz M2 and a few steps down compared to my customs but both are expected. At $180 it isn't too bad a deal but I'm not the biggest fan of how big the housing is. I think I just didn't like them yesterday since i was tired.

As for aesthetics I do like the cable although it does have some memory of how it was stored but not anywhere close to the worst cable I've had. I do like the case as well as the tips I got but I think I had some extras thrown in from the guy I got it from.

One odd thing is that the nozzle can be moved by design. Is there a benefit to this such as better for for one's particular ear shape?

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #1,922 of 7,982
The nozzles can add to the comfort a lot. But be carefully as a weird angle can also make them be a bit muffled.

Tips make a big difference. If your using hybrids the treble gets a bit attenuated. I have found jays silicone to allow the best treble and overall balance followed by the original single flange tips supplied with the IEM.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #1,923 of 7,982
I think many overlook the break in time required, it really does change the sound of these phones, i am at the 180+ hour point now, the bass has really come into its own, i never really noticed the sebiliance many speak about,  and i am not very good at explaining how the sound has changed, but generally i have heard a general mellowing of the treble and more bass weight coming through, its a very balanced sound and i like it, its definately not for those who want an exciting sound, those who want a V-type sound signature should definately look elsewhere, TF10 maybe?

I think for me these are a keeper, i am always surprised how good they are.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #1,924 of 7,982

Quote:
One odd thing is that the nozzle can be moved by design. Is there a benefit to this such as better for for one's particular ear shape?

Every person's ear canal shapes differently at the bend, some opening up and some bending a bit more. The swivelling nozzle should (theoretically) cover all sorts of different ear canals. For example, my left ear has the nozzle pushed completely right and my right ear has it pushed down slightly and down the middle. Play around with it and you'll probably find the best fit.

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #1,925 of 7,982
For me, as long as the tips are large, the nozzle has zero effect for me. With tips a little smaller, I can angle the nozzle, which allows the ear (Tab) or whatever it is, to hold it in place. As far as burn in, as read above, I cannot suggest enough to give these time. The bass changes, and becomes more defined. The treble gets a little more weight. When I first got these, I really liked them, but I wasn't a big fan of the treble. Now I wouldn;t say it's perfect for my taste, but the way the treble sounds allows these to be perfect for hard rock. Gives the Mids a perfect edge. I really really like these

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #1,926 of 7,982
Also, I consider these a fun phone

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #1,928 of 7,982
If I may, the GR07's are certainly balanced sounding. Depending on the listener, a balanced signature can be just as much fun as an unbalanced, or colored signature. Preference is key. I personally find the balanced GR07 quite fun with my trance & progressive collection. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #1,929 of 7,982
That's the problem with using a descriptor such as "fun." It could mean just about anything, though it seems to often mean "unbalanced in an enjoyable way" here. (Which is why I asked!)

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #1,930 of 7,982
I agree 100% these are balanced and for me that equals fun. I love the transparency I get as it allows the emotion some music conveys to come through clearer than any IEM I have owned.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #1,931 of 7,982

Quote:
That's often a euphemism for "unbalanced." Is that what you mean?

Good point! No this is not what I mean. I really think these GR-07's re balanced and also balanced between fun and analytical. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,932 of 7,982
Sorry to be a pain. I guess I don't think of musical signatures as fun or not fun. To me there are degrees of enjoyable, and certainly a nice balanced signature is a huge preference. Thanks for the clarification!

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #1,933 of 7,982
I agree 100% these are balanced and for me that equals fun. I love the transparency I get as it allows the emotion some music conveys to come through clearer than any IEM I have owned.

Do you ever find you ever miss a slightly more mid centric presentation?

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #1,934 of 7,982
Sometimes but I have other headphones if I want to change up the sound (most are not as technically good as the GR07 but they satisfy the urge for a more intimate midrange). But for the most part I find the GR07 to be adequate for my needs. Also I have one of the new i.Fuzen amps that adds some warmth to the iPhone when I when I want it plus the amp adds more intensity and sharpness to the bass and treble.

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #1,935 of 7,982
I'm starting to like these better. It really must have just been how I was feeling yesterday as that wasn't the first time I thought something was boring when I was that tired. They aren't very isolating which is fine since I can possibly use them when there's down time at work or at least one ear or use them on my commute. It isn't the best for my commute compared to customs but it does the job.

It still doesn't compare to any of my phones since I have nothing at the same level and my audio memory isn't the best but I like these. The cable and overall design is very Senn IE8 :) I'm not quite used to this kind of fit since I've been using customs so long and it doesn't go too deep so may take some time to get used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back