VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,906 of 7,982
After trying lots of tips (Sony Hybrids, included tips, etc) and the best tips (better than the fake blue sony hybrids) for me are the small Monster Foam Supertips. Soundwise, they didnt' seem to do anything - it just lets the sound right through. Compared to the fake Hybrids, the sound is the same, or at least I couldn't detect any. Comfort-wise, it's a lot more comfortable due to the foam. The silicon core that extends beyond the foam though, I believe, are the secret to the sound. Foam in my experience tends to muffle the sound, but these Foam Supertips do not. Be warned though, these tips are very expensive. In Singapore, a pair alone cost me S$20. I do feel they are worth it.

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #1,907 of 7,982
I got the GR07 today in the mail at work..but unfortunately I'm at work so I can't try them and test it out. I'll use them after work and then see if I like them enough or not to keep them.

I did also order the JH5Pro this weekend on impulse pretty much so may not have much of a use for these for too long.

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #1,908 of 7,982

Quote:
After trying lots of tips (Sony Hybrids, included tips, etc) and the best tips (better than the fake blue sony hybrids) for me are the small Monster Foam Supertips. Soundwise, they didnt' seem to do anything - it just lets the sound right through. Compared to the fake Hybrids, the sound is the same, or at least I couldn't detect any. Comfort-wise, it's a lot more comfortable due to the foam. The silicon core that extends beyond the foam though, I believe, are the secret to the sound. Foam in my experience tends to muffle the sound, but these Foam Supertips do not. Be warned though, these tips are very expensive. In Singapore, a pair alone cost me S$20. I do feel they are worth it.

I tried the Supertips and Comply tips, i prefer Comply for fit and isolation, i need to spend more time trying the supertips to decide for sure, Comply are so quick and easy to fit and get a good seal, i will need to spend more time getting the same thing from the Supertips, i believe if i spend enough time with them i can get a better fit.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,909 of 7,982
I've tried the on sony hybrids and meelec balanced tips. I'm not sure if I'll keep them. On a technical level they are good so can't deny that but on an enjoyable level it seems meh. These remind me of the Senn IE7 in that regard so far. 

This is with my D100 dac and V200 amp at home. It was worse with my samsung sgs phone using voodoo on the way home.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #1,910 of 7,982

Give them a week of burnin and see how they are Rawrster, they change quite a bit over the first 100hrs. I personally found them to be very revealing and emotionally transparent. But that might just be me.
Quote:
I've tried the on sony hybrids and meelec balanced tips. I'm not sure if I'll keep them. On a technical level they are good so can't deny that but on an enjoyable level it seems meh. These remind me of the Senn IE7 in that regard so far. 

This is with my D100 dac and V200 amp at home. It was worse with my samsung sgs phone using voodoo on the way home.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,911 of 7,982
I got them in a trade and well over 100 hours so burn in isn't the issue...maybe my standards have increased since I last was a regular in this particular section of head-fi

I mean right now they are a good earphone but when music plays all I can say is blah. Hopefully they change with tips but I'm a bit skeptical. 

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #1,913 of 7,982
Oh I agree that the GR07 are probably better than the IE7 but the way I feel about the GR07 reminds me of the IE7. The IE7 while being proficient on a technical level just didn't excite me like my other phones. It just was bland and boring. I usually am able to tell if I like something right away as well as if I don't like something. Such examples can be when I loved the CK10, hated the Xcape Impressive Edition or whatever model it was.

I do have to admit that it is hard to compare when the other earphones I own are the Brainwavz M2 and a 6 driver custom and that my next earphone will be a custom.

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #1,914 of 7,982
rawrster I feel the same way about the GR07's. They were my second good pair of iems after I got the DBAs but I've seldom been wowed by them. The few times they have really stood out to me though have been with some classical stuff I listen to when I study, but even then strings are a bit tame for my tastes. The GR07's do fade into the background easily for non-critical listening. I do prefer the fxt90's by a quite a bit actually.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #1,915 of 7,982

Quote:

Yeah same here, I bought the monster supertips sampler pack from Amazon for $20, the larrge Monster foam fits well in my ear, and maybe it's just me but they seems to enhance the sound.

I have been using the GR07 as well with the PA2V2 amp and geezz, AMAZING!!!

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #1,916 of 7,982

Quote:

Mate, I was on the same boat before, but after I finally get around 160hr burn in and good seal, this thing really shines, truthfully.

The first 4-5 days of use, I can't wait to sell them and buy something else, but I kept persisting and listening to it and burning in when I am not using it, and yeah, they are pretty much my fave IEM to use, except when I am flying (just because the isolation is not that great)

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #1,919 of 7,982

Quote:
I think the Vsonic Gr07 is not for everyone. From what I read, people who the GR07 isnt for are the people who are looking for a very exciting sound, far from the balanced sound the GR07 offers.

That's for sure. I just didn't think the GR07 was this far from what I would have wanted. I was also very tired yesterday and annoyed after work so that may not have helped much.

Quote:
Mate, I was on the same boat before, but after I finally get around 160hr burn in and good seal, this thing really shines, truthfully.

The first 4-5 days of use, I can't wait to sell them and buy something else, but I kept persisting and listening to it and burning in when I am not using it, and yeah, they are pretty much my fave IEM to use, except when I am flying (just because the isolation is not that great)

I don't think burn in is an issue since mine is used and over that hour point. I'll try to give these a fair shake but tbh I have no intention of keeping them. I bought a JH5 Pro over the weekend on impulse which means I no longer need these like I thought I would when I bought them.

I do have to admit that it will be difficult for me to really give these that fair a shake due to my gear. Outside of my Brainwavz M2 the rest of my gear is better than the GR07 in terms of technical ability. I don't have anything that competes with the GR07 in terms of price or performance since all my headphones are more expensive as are my customs and the M2 is a level down in both price and ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back