VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #1,876 of 7,982
Nov 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #1,877 of 7,982
I just listened to the GR07's through a newly arrived Fiio E7 and it's obvious the sound spectrum has evened out quite a bit. The highs are more balanced with the bass and there's less obvious roll off than there was from my computer and ipod classic. I'm still a newb so I'm still learning this stuff, but using cleaner sources is super beneficial for these and for iems in general.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,878 of 7,982

Quote:
Can the GR07 be worn down well? Or is this a must to be worn up/around the ear?

Yes they can be worn straight down. A friend does it like that.

It looks incredibly stupid, but somehow quite comfortable. But won't have the staying power in your ears well because the cables are crap and heavy.

Love GR07

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #1,879 of 7,982
Well, I found the GR07's in my mailbox today
biggrin.gif

I have had them on since I opened the package and I have a feeling I'm going to be listening to everything possible for a good portion of tonight. My first goal was to go through the tips and find one which worked best with my ears and music. The only two I liked SQ-wise were the foam tips and the dual-flange rubber ones (I don't think the single flange rubber tips have enough mass to make a solid seal for isolation nor good bass). I think these two are pretty close as far as sound quality and isolation go, but I have to give a major nod towards the foam tips for their comfort. The dual-flange tips weren't very comfortable from the start and only got more noticeable over time. The foam tips are the exact opposite in that they start off comfortable and I completely forget about them after a couple minutes. The foam tips also provide a very solid feel - when moving, tilting, or shaking my head I still can't feel any movement from the phones.

As everyone else has mentioned already these are pretty heavy in the higher ranges. I hope this settles down over time as these would be perfect after that. Out of the box the phones are pretty ideal for electronic music. I don't know why, but it's the only one which actually has a great sounding low end to it - even other bass-heavy music sounds lacking. One more thing I'd like to note, if anyone hasn't listened to some acoustical Dave Matthews through your GR07's go do it now! The accuracy and detail of these phones make good acoustic music sound amazing! You can truly hear every breath and even the rough, warm feel of the pick moving over the twisted guitar strings.

Overall I am very happy with the GR07's... and this is without them being broken in. If things only get better from here then I'll be a happy camper 
etysmile.gif

- Woody

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #1,887 of 7,982

Quote:
I asked ClieOS (before i got the GR07) by PM and he said: "TF10 is a little more fun to listen while GR07 is more neutral and accurate, but other than the difference in sound signature, I consider both to be technically very close to each other'

Cheers! I'll stick with my TF10 then. Looking for even more fun IEMs..

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #1,888 of 7,982
 I had to join, after 3 years of reading head-fi to say I have finally found the one!

These headphones are amazing and everything I am looking for in a headphone. I own the HD-555, SRH-840, ESW-9, SR225i, KSC-75 and I have owned two pair of PFEs and a Hippo VBs (btw headfi and anythingbutipod, my wallet hates you!) While I really enjoyed each of these phones there was always something missing whether it be lack of sub-bass or bloat, sound-stage, fullness, etc. Not with the GR07s. I think I am in love.

The only problem is after listening to these with Rockboxed-Clip+, my Droid X2 and zune just don't do it for me. Guess it is time to find another player! :-D

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #1,889 of 7,982

Quote:
Cheers! I'll stick with my TF10 then. Looking for even more fun IEMs..

the only other thing to consider is comfort. The GR07 is 10 times more comfortable than the TF10 and easier to keep in ear.

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #1,890 of 7,982

Quote:
Hi, cogsand gears! Did you get the new model or the old one? The eBay information and pictures was from the old model, in black, but instead I got the new model, in silver...

I got the old model in black. I like the old model ear guides, very elegent in their form. Not as hard wearing as the new ones - so ive heard.

It would have been nice to get all those tips though. I doubt any of them would have fitted. Im currently using T400 Comply foams with the plastic core from the OEM foam tips inserted into the sound tube. Much better isolation for my strangely wide ear canals.

Im at about 60 - 70 hours on these now. Have almost totally given up on my TF10....

How are you finding them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back