VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #1,951 of 7,982

Quote:
I actually haven't bothered to fix mine yet because it's such a non-issue. But just the fact that it does come off so easily annoys me a bit... Loving the sound though, so none of this matters

I do think the strain relief does serve a purpose however. 

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #1,953 of 7,982

Quote:
It does, but I find that the cable is springy enough that I can get away with it :p

True, but I meant more about a unintended cable pull or twist. 

Nov 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,954 of 7,982
After I superglued the strain relief on mine, sound output from the left channel went dead. Might have insulated part of the wire. Sent it back to China for factory repair almost a month ago and still waiting...

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #1,956 of 7,982

Quote:
After I superglued the strain relief on mine, sound output from the left channel went dead. Might have insulated part of the wire. Sent it back to China for factory repair almost a month ago and still waiting...

Ah Man that Sucks

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #1,958 of 7,982
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #1,959 of 7,982

Quote:

They are barely 10 hours in, but I like them already. Definitely worth every cent I paid for!

Sadly my set seems to have a couple of molding artifacts on the driver, and the casings on my right driver don't seem to be completely attached(a visible gap, though they feel solid)

So perhaps its true that the demand is starting to overwhelm the supply?

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #1,960 of 7,982
I hope you enjoy them. These IEMs really set the benchmark for me. I've tried out the SM3 and other higher-end IEMs and I wasn't as impressed as when I tried these. I am starting to think I'm at where the law of diminishing returns really applies. The only other IEM I'm considering is the JVC FXT90 and that's because of the unique sound signature. 

Quote:
I've just joined the club!

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #1,961 of 7,982
The ONLY downside of this is the isolation, I wish I can take it flying with me but it's just impossible (tried it once) because it is vented, it doesn't block out the airplane's engine noise, so my B2 flies with me because that is my best isolating IEM

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #1,963 of 7,982
I have tried using them outside and while they are not bad they are not very good for isolation. However considering I have sold off everything except for the GR07 and the M2 i will use the GR07 for now until my JH5 Pro arrive.

The isolation is the biggest downside to the GR07 imo but still not as bad as earbuds or something like the Radius DDM.

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #1,964 of 7,982
Let me tall you a story..

Recently, mum has washed my cloth without pocket check.. My portable setup (Cowon Iaudio 7 + VSonic GR07) had a killing trip for an hour in washing machine (full with highly aggressive mess).. The centrifugal power inside that machine was so big that gadgets had left my jacket's pocket.

IAudio 7 DAP died without any chance of survival... BUT... GR07 actually survived.. And the most wonderful thing is, those had not lost any single drop of performance (after complete  dry-out of course) ... 

So, those of you, having doubts about VSonic In-Ear product quality, should better relax, or at least not worry to much...
These earphones are made like tanks !   

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #1,965 of 7,982
Quote:
Let me tall you a story..

Recently, mum has washed my cloth without pocket check.. My portable setup (Cowon Iaudio 7 + VSonic GR07) had a killing trip for an hour in washing machine (full with highly aggressive mess).. The centrifugal power inside that machine was so big that gadgets had left my jacket's pocket.

IAudio 7 DAP died without any chance of survival... BUT... GR07 actually survived.. And the most wonderful thing is, those had not lost any single drop of performance (after complete  dry-out of course) ... 

So, those of you, having doubts about VSonic In-Ear product quality, should better relax, or at least not worry to much...
These earphones are made like tanks !   

Its good to read this, unbelievable, I wish you could save them both but its good to see that your GR07's survived!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back