VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #1,306 of 7,982
Actually I wasn't even referring to the GR07, I bought that from them prior with no problems. This time I am trying to get the PR401 for a second time. They were once out of stock after my purchase went through their website. He suggested I wait a week, so I did that and when they weren't restocked I got a refund instead. I'm just trying once again, separated by many months, since it is still a desirable IEM for me.

Will wait 
cool.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #1,307 of 7,982
Continuing the tips talk... I still really like real Sony hybrids.  Drums sound the best with them.  My only issue is that the LL tips fit best and I only have one pair of those and I use it with the EX1000.  So today I used the PFE tips for an extended period that I traded with another head-fier for and they also sound really good, if not identical to the stock tips.  Tip softness is almost as good as the Sony hybrids and the large is very similar in size to the Sony LL.  I guess you can never really have too many tips on hand.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #1,309 of 7,982

Quote:
The right channel is louder than the left :frowning2:

Any chance it'll balance out after some burn in? I've only got about 25-30 hrs so far

Swap the left and right side and give it another listen, see if anything is different.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #1,310 of 7,982
FlySweep is right about the stock single-flange (especially on the Sony 7550). I don't know why I've never really gave the stock single-flanges a chance. The Double-flanges are actually too small for my ear canals for some odd reason, so as a result I think just never bothered with the single-flange. These tips do sound good with the GR07, but I think I'm will shotgunshane in preferring the Sony hybrids (LL and L-foam) with the GR07. I really love the my modded Monster hybrid foams with the GR07 though. I think I will keep the Vsonic stock single-flange on the 7550 for awhile.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #1,311 of 7,982
ClieOS, do you know if these are hand tuned like the Sonys?

Also noticed there's a GR05 in the works, or at least it's planned based on Vsonic's website. 

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #1,312 of 7,982

Quote:
ClieOS, do you know if these are hand tuned like the Sonys?

Also noticed there's a GR05 in the works, or at least it's planned based on Vsonic's website. 

Hand tuned? Not really sure what you are referring here but I do know VSONIC check every pair for things like channel imbalance on a dummy head before sending them out.

I am not sure about GR05, but I do know about GR01 (originally known as GR00) for a dual BA driver flagship (that will be sold alongside GR07), plus GR06 and GR99 - all of these are scheduled for this year. For 2012, there will be a GR08 (K3003 style dual BA + one dynamic) and GR09 (6 BA). They are also planning for several full sized and ear clip. That's as far as I know for now. I'll probably have to email my contact on VSONIC to find out more.

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,314 of 7,982

Quote:
Well this is annoying, going on three days. I have no problem with leaving lendmeurears their first neutral or negative feedback on eBay.

I've had a few issue with them also.

Ordered late last month (to deliver to Oz) and still waiting. I needed to email them 3 times over 3 weeks to finally get a response, and only to find out that somehow they were delivered to the wrong address!

Waiting on them to resend them. Hopefully, they'll be sending the new versions (after my request to get the newer versions for my troubles).

They've been pleasant the last few days but won't hesitate to provide accurate (i.e. Negative) feedback if this type of form continues...

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,315 of 7,982
Quote:
I am not sure about GR05, but I do know about GR01 (originally known as GR00) for a dual BA driver flagship (that will be sold alongside GR07), plus GR06 and GR99 - all of these are scheduled for this year. For 2012, there will be a GR08 (K3003 style dual BA + one dynamic) and GR09 (6 BA). They are also planning for several full sized and ear clip. That's as far as I know for now. I'll probably have to email my contact on VSONIC to find out more.

This post just made me and my wallet cry. 
eek.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #1,316 of 7,982
Just received my GR07 from FrogBeats. Excellent service!

I haven't really played with the pair yet but first hand impressions are good. The last pair of dynamic drivers I had were the E2c. My current IEM (GR07 excluded) is the PL-50 (prior to that D-Jays), which does it great by the way, but the GR07 seems to be a different beast - especially when it comes to bass! I reckon it'll only get better as I've only run the GR07 for about an hour. I'm certainly sure that these will grow on me.

However, the bottleneck seems to be the tips that are provided. I've NEVER had any fitting issues before and my ears are kinda "symmetric". I'm either a "small" or a "medium" when it comes down to tip sizes. But going through all the tips (there are a lot!), it seems I can't get the right fit and it'll result in very light bass and no sound-isolation.

The best fit is with the provided foam tips. They'll get me close to the desired fit but not 100%. They seem to be the same kind that were shipped with my PL-50. I still have some foam and silicone tips from my D-Jays somewhere. 

If that doesn't work out then I'll try to buy some "Olives" or maybe some bigger bi- or try-flanges. 

Am I one of the few with fit-issues with the GR07? With so many tips provided in so many different sizes one would think that it should be easy to find a pair of tips that'll fit.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #1,317 of 7,982
Anyone tried putting the bi-flanges included with the BRAINWAVZ M1?
These are the best tips for me. I've gone from genuine green sony hybrids to stock biflange to stock large to these. These give the best sound for me as they dont have harsh treble and give good bass like the hybrids, yet they isolate more and give better mids.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #1,318 of 7,982

Quote:

...wow, a hybrid and 6BA?  In a universal?  That's a first.

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #1,319 of 7,982

Quote:
Hand tuned? Not really sure what you are referring here but I do know VSONIC check every pair for things like channel imbalance on a dummy head before sending them out.

Wow ClieOS, thats a lot for my Wallet, someone stop Vsonic
eek.gif

I was planning to live with these
redface.gif

FYI: The best tip for me is Apple silicones  http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-APPLE-Headphones-Earphones/dp/B004OES9P6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1317204292&sr=8-4

Better bass, better highs, not sure about mids and soundstage... I have to A-B them more... But they are certainly better for me...

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #1,320 of 7,982
I just received my pair from frogbeats. I didn't really notice sibilance even without burn-in. Perhaps they changed something, packaging also changed so the IEM itself might have undergone some changes as well. Tips are an issue. Stock single flangs are either too small or too big. I also thought I noticed channel inbalance today, it wasn't there yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back