VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #1,112 of 7,982

Quote:
How can you tell? I couldnt see the case. Where did you see it?

I think he meant the packaging it comes in. We don't even know of the actual case they are coming with just yet. Trying to get more information just now. 

However, rather excited about the change of stock tips. Should be great.

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #1,113 of 7,982

Quote:
I think he meant the packaging it comes in. We don't even know of the actual case they are coming with just yet. Trying to get more information just now. 

However, rather excited about the change of stock tips. Should be great.

Hmm, i dunno, Personally I kinda like the older packaging it comes in. And if this is anything to go by, I'm a little disappointed. The new ear guide looks unwieldy, only 1 double flange, ridiculous amount of what looks like clone Sony Hybrids and a pretty disappointing carry pouch.

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/VSONIC-GR07-R07-Gray-Flagship-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380368336298?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item588fb835aa

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #1,114 of 7,982
There seems to be a soft pouch inside the new box...

Also new earguides (SoundMagic PL50 style) and Sony Hybrid style eartips can be seen from the photos...

I am really starting to love GR07 again after 200-250 hours.

At around 150 hours (I can't be sure but estimate) I really don't like these iems.

Sound started to be muddy for me. Also high end were a little bit piercing.

So I nearly came in to a point to sell them.

I left them to burn-in for more than 5 days. Now I can't believe my ears! All the problems are gone. Also soundstage is better now.

Yesterday I was listening to Mike Oldfield at the terminal. I have stared to the ceiling to find where the sounds were coming from
bigsmile_face.gif

Wow such a huge and out of head soundstage! I can't believe the sounds were coming from my iem
etysmile.gif

You can experiment the soundstage with Mike Oldfield "Voyager" album, The Voyager song.

Sep 12, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #1,115 of 7,982

Quote:
Hmm, i dunno, Personally I kinda like the older packaging it comes in. And if this is anything to go by, I'm a little disappointed. The new ear guide looks unwieldy, only 1 double flange, ridiculous amount of what looks like clone Sony Hybrids and a pretty disappointing carry pouch.

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/VSONIC-GR07-R07-Gray-Flagship-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380368336298?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item588fb835aa

I never got more than one set of bi-flanges in the old packaging. Got two samples of the GR07 and only 1 set of bi-flanges in each, so not sure what that's about. The Sony Hybrids are the best fitting tips I've had on the GR07 so I think that's quite a nice change from the old ones - I had to twist the old ones inside out to get any sort of seal with them. Maybe a few too many, but can you really have too many eartips? 
wink_face.gif

The carrying pouch might not be the best to go by, no. The ear guides are a bit weird, I must admit... but there must be a reason for them being like that?

I like the fact it comes with a stereo adapter.

The pouch I find more useful than a case because I never have the pocket room for the hard case, and wrapping it up correctly for the old one was quite hard. I've yet to come by a better case than the one that comes with the DUNU Ares, however.

I guess each to their own; I'll get detailed photos of them and the open packaging soon and give an opinion on them. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #1,116 of 7,982

Quote:
How can you tell? I couldnt see the case. Where did you see it?

Here as in my possession. should have been clearer, it was early.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #1,117 of 7,982
Ive been listening to the gr07 and they are nice, but I am still not as impressed as I feel I should be, based on the impressions here :D. They sound harsh and piercing for many songs. I am thinking it is the tips. I have used the stock tips only. What specific tips would you recommend for the problem I am having? Thanks.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #1,118 of 7,982
Ive been listening to the gr07 and they are nice, but I am still not as impressed as I feel I should be, based on the impressions here :D. They sound harsh and piercing for many songs. I am thinking it is the tips. I have used the stock tips only. What specific tips would you recommend for the problem I am having? Thanks.

How many hours do you have on them? They do settle down over time. I'd recommend trying Sony hybrid tips. They warm the overall sound by a tiny bit.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #1,119 of 7,982

Quote:
I never got more than one set of bi-flanges in the old packaging. Got two samples of the GR07 and only 1 set of bi-flanges in each, so not sure what that's about. The Sony Hybrids are the best fitting tips I've had on the GR07 so I think that's quite a nice change from the old ones - I had to twist the old ones inside out to get any sort of seal with them. Maybe a few too many, but can you really have too many eartips? 
wink_face.gif

The carrying pouch might not be the best to go by, no. The ear guides are a bit weird, I must admit... but there must be a reason for them being like that?

I like the fact it comes with a stereo adapter.

The pouch I find more useful than a case because I never have the pocket room for the hard case, and wrapping it up correctly for the old one was quite hard. I've yet to come by a better case than the one that comes with the DUNU Ares, however.

I guess each to their own; I'll get detailed photos of them and the open packaging soon and give an opinion on them. 

Hmm, according to Lendmeurears.com's description, they come with 3 sizes of single flanges, 2 sizes of double flanges and a hard case which looks decent, for sure. So yeah, I can't say either what's up with that. I've generally been very lucky with IEMs in that usually the medium or large stock tips (usually single flanges) work best for me. Always had varying results with bi/tri flanges, except for the SM3's stock biflanges, both old and new. Those worked for me like a charm as well. Only ever had a major problem with MTPC's stock tips and SuperTips. None fit me in any proper way, really. Ended up alternating between Sony Hybrids, UE single and double flanges.

Can you have too many eartips? I suppose not but I'm sure there's a point when its just frivolous? I'm sure alot of different kinds of tips won't hurt, but too many sizes of the same kind of tip could be pointless.

The carrying pouch wouldn't be so bad if it didn't look quite so flimsy. Would be OK if it was something like the Monster pouches tho. Not much in terms of protection but compact and very nice. The previous earguides as shown on lendmeurears.com seems sleeker and nice than these new PL50 type ones but I suppose they could also be quite useless. Who's to say? Worst guides I ever came across IMO were the FA Eterna ones.
Looking forward to your pics though,even if only for confirmation / comparison's sake vs what lendmeurears.com and the ebay listing depict!
popcorn.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #1,120 of 7,982

Quote:
Hmm, according to Lendmeurears.com's description, they come with 3 sizes of single flanges, 2 sizes of double flanges and a hard case which looks decent, for sure. So yeah, I can't say either what's up with that. I've generally been very lucky with IEMs in that usually the medium or large stock tips (usually single flanges) work best for me. Always had varying results with bi/tri flanges, except for the SM3's stock biflanges, both old and new. Those worked for me like a charm as well. Only ever had a major problem with MTPC's stock tips and SuperTips. None fit me in any proper way, really. Ended up alternating between Sony Hybrids, UE single and double flanges.

Can you have too many eartips? I suppose not but I'm sure there's a point when its just frivolous? I'm sure alot of different kinds of tips won't hurt, but too many sizes of the same kind of tip could be pointless.

The carrying pouch wouldn't be so bad if it didn't look quite so flimsy. Would be OK if it was something like the Monster pouches tho. Not much in terms of protection but compact and very nice. The previous earguides as shown on lendmeurears.com seems sleeker and nice than these new PL50 type ones but I suppose they could also be quite useless. Who's to say? Worst guides I ever came across IMO were the FA Eterna ones.
Looking forward to your pics though,even if only for confirmation / comparison's sake vs what lendmeurears.com and the ebay listing depict!
popcorn.gif

Well I certainly only received one pair of bi-flanges... Or I misplaced them when opening the box haha. 

You're lucky. I don't have the same luck with tips and fit that you do - With every IEM it has been hassle and experimenting till I got the right fit. My ears are quite strange sizes and I struggle to get a good fit without it rubbing against something and hurting my ears after about 2 hours of listening. For example, my Westone 2 tips ended up being the triple-flanges cut down to bi-flanges and the left flange cut slightly shorter at the stem than the right. I got the most amazing seal when I finally got that done, but with all other IEMs I've struggled.

Do notice that the eartips are no the same, and the actual shape of them is different (not size). If you look at the far left tips you will see they are spherical whereas the other lines are closer to the Sony Hybrid tips. I actually welcome that sort of plethora of tips, because it reassures me something will fit. However, you are right, I would have liked to see more bi-flanges and maybe even triple flanges. The thing with the GR07 is that it sits in a very unfamiliar position in your ear, as it's not on the surface but neither is it deep.

As for the packaging, well what can I say. I've never been a person for packaging in the first place so I don't really have a yay nay comment there. I'm sure it'll be useful to some and others will prefer the other option. At the end of the day you can never get it right for the entire population!

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #1,121 of 7,982
Here is the upcoming new packaging of GR02 (same as R02 Pro II) and GR07.

new1_resize.jpg

The new GR07 packaging will come with 15 pairs of eartips, including all the eartips (cloned) from Sony EX1000 plus a few more.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #1,122 of 7,982
Packaging looks fine, more modern. New colors are eh to me. Did they fix the cable torque issue?
That is a ridiculous amount of tips. I wonder if they are just standard hybrid clones or they had them custom made for the GR07 nozzle so that they wouldn't change the sound. Anyway, am I the only one who likes the standard tips? Every other tip changed the sound too much. Maybe I need to try these jays silicon tips.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #1,123 of 7,982

Quote:
Packaging looks fine, more modern. New colors are eh to me. Did they fix the cable torque issue?
That is a ridiculous amount of tips. I wonder if they are just standard hybrid clones or they had them custom made for the GR07 nozzle so that they wouldn't change the sound. Anyway, am I the only one who likes the standard tips? Every other tip changed the sound too much. Maybe I need to try these jays silicon tips.

The IEM itself is identical as the old one. IIRC, the old tips are included as well.

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #1,124 of 7,982
I am considering to buy the GR07 but I have some questions..
I cycle almost everyday with headphones on, is the GR07 prone to wind noise? I've had some dynamic IEMS and they were very prone to wind noise. I've read that the GR07 got punchy bass but do you feel the punchy bass or is it comparable to BA IEMS "punchy" bass?

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #1,125 of 7,982

Quote:
I am considering to buy the GR07 but I have some questions..
I cycle almost everyday with headphones on, is the GR07 prone to wind noise? I've had some dynamic IEMS and they were very prone to wind noise. I've read that the GR07 got punchy bass but do you feel the punchy bass or is it comparable to BA IEMS "punchy" bass?

Nope, wind noise isn't too bad with these - I cycle with them all the time.  The amount of isolation they have could be problematic though...

And the bass can be punchy if the song asks for it.  It tends to stay on the conservative side most of the time though, but if you EQ the bass up a bit, it can have some serious impact.

Quote:

How loud are you listening with them?  If you turn the sound up too loud they can get very harsh, but it isn't as bad if you turn it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back