VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #1,081 of 7,982
After 150 hours of burning time i have much less sibilants, sometimes i have them zero! Great!
Note, Vsonic loves good quality music (lossless formats).
I'm very happy with iTouch4G + GR-07:)

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #1,082 of 7,982
To understand and compare the differences between the headphones/iem's I own, I usually listen to "Virtual barbershop".

May be some of you already know this binaural recording, but I wanted to share anyway...

You have to close your eyes during listening. This is very important.

Your brain will start to locate each sound and even start to visualise the scene... 
rolleyes.gif

I can say that VR-07 does a perfect job while listening to this recording. I am really impressed! 
smile.gif

(Regarding sound-stage and locating instruments, It is not better than my K340 electrostatic-dynamics (and I don't expect them to be :wink:, it is very close - or even  better in some ways- to my KSC-35, it is certainly better than all of the iems that I have owned or tried before...)

Link to the high quality recording is here: 
http://www.4shared.com/audio/nyXJ23u9/Virtual_Barbershop.html

(just hit the play button, don't forget to close your eyes :wink:

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #1,084 of 7,982

First time I have ever heard anything like this. Brilliant! and a little creepy but I must try to get some more of this sound. Love it!
Quote:
To understand and compare the differences between the headphones/iem's I own, I usually listen to "Virtual barbershop".

May be some of you already know this binaural recording, but I wanted to share anyway...

You have to close your eyes during listening. This is very important.

Your brain will start to locate each sound and even start to visualise the scene... 
rolleyes.gif

I can say that VR-07 does a perfect job while listening to this recording. I am really impressed! 
smile.gif

(Regarding sound-stage and locating instruments, It is not better than my K340 electrostatic-dynamics (and I don't expect them to be :wink:, it is very close - or even  better in some ways- to my KSC-35, it is certainly better than all of the iems that I have owned or tried before...)

Link to the high quality recording is here: 
http://www.4shared.com/audio/nyXJ23u9/Virtual_Barbershop.html

(just hit the play button, don't forget to close your eyes :wink:

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #1,086 of 7,982
Bad news
frown.gif

I hope you have guarantee...

What kind of music were you listening ? What was your source and volume level while listening ?

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #1,088 of 7,982

Quote:
NOOOOOO!!!! The right side of my GR07 cut out on me.... *tears*

Quote:
Got my gr07s yesterday! Sound goot out of my laptop but seems lacking out of my cowon s9. How source dependent are these? Maybe it is also a tip issue.

As one dies, another is born 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #1,089 of 7,982
I lost my left channel. Boo :frowning2:

Thankfully, they are still under warranty, so I'm getting a replacement pair. Has anyone ever done a return with ww.headphone?

Anyway, love the GR07s. My current benchmark. LOVE the bass. Punchy and full-bodied, but speedy and controlled. They are just so easy to listen to; their sound is so pleasant and fatigue-free.

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #1,093 of 7,982
Quote:
Can anyone compare the Vsonic GR07 with the Ultimate Ears TF10? I have trouble deciding between these two IEMs.

Refer to |joker|'s comparison thread. That should be of good use my friend. As per my own recommendation, I'm not that big a fan of the TF10's; in fact, I personally prefer the SF5PRO's, which I find more neutral (especially with regards to the mids), unlike the TF10's v-shaped signature. While the SF5PRO may not be as technically proficient as the TF10, it's still sounds great! And yes, I've got both currently sitting right in front of me. 
tongue.gif

Nevertheless, the GR07 easily earns my recommendation over the TF10, for both it's signature and presentation, 10 out of 10 times.

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #1,094 of 7,982

Quote:
Can anyone compare the Vsonic GR07 with the Ultimate Ears TF10? I have trouble deciding between these two IEMs.

As an avid lover of the TF10's, I have no trouble reccomending the GR07's over them. I always felt the TF10's were missing that special bass note that make the sound come off full and truly visceral. To me, the GR07's really have that TF10 ring. aditionally, they have no problem venturing in the dub region; unlike the TF10's, where they "Peter out" at around 30hz.
For a dynamic driven IEM, they really can pull off the BA sound very well; although the TF10's still have that impact and detail that make them phenomenal for the few songs I perfer on them.

Bottom line, start with the 07's, they are hard not to like
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #1,095 of 7,982

Quote:
Could somebody point me to a place to buy the Jays foam tips or sell me any extras you have any. I can't seem to find them online

Here?
http://www.pjbox.co.uk/shop/shop.php?action=full&id=3717

Pretty sure they ship worldwide. Worth a shot. I think I might grab myself a pair to see what they are like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back