VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #887 of 7,982
Could someone be kind and order a set of monster supertips AND sony hybrids (black) for me on Amazon..? I live in Aus...

I can paypal the money over as gift, and of course I will pay for the postage

p.s. I guess pm would be a better way of responding.

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #888 of 7,982
Quote:
GR07 landed today, 24hrs from purchase to dubstep, sorry doorstep. 

Klipsch large tips, will try some Westones but for now will do.

Initial impression, have promise. Treble a little grainy but to be expected. Noise over weekend to break them a bit.

Grainy treble? You're not using the right tips for your ears, so the resonances don't match, hence grainy treble.
Try deeper insertion - I can't imagine anyone using large tips for deep insertion, that'd be some mongo ear canal.
These aren't earbuds after all.

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #889 of 7,982
Trimmed triple flanges, now we are talking. Never got on with these tips before, have now.

ED: Scrub that, Phonak grey silicones, easy seal, punchy and detailed.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #890 of 7,982
It's really interesting how tips that come with a certain earphone rarely sounds good with its intended product, but it will sound pretty darn good with another IEM. This is the case with the GR07 double flange. I don't like it at all with the the GR07, but it sounds quite decent with the EX600. Go figure? Bye the way, the JAYS large transparent silicon tips also sound great on the EX600.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #891 of 7,982
Ok, a mini 3 track impression. Still only about 5 hours on the iem.

Jean Michel Jarre - Chants Magnetiques IV (Magnetic Fields 4)

Straight away you are absorbed. Seperation is fantastic. It is not the most complicated pieces of electronica but the delivery of it is spot on.
The train and fx at the end is a very good indicator of the soundstage, wide and a little disappointingly, not forward.

Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps.

Tamborine present in the intro building up to 50 secs when the track really starts, very impactful. Detail and seperation again is spot  on, especially when getting a little full after 4 mins. Plenty of body which I love with a dynamics lower end. 

Hiromi - Joy (Thanks Project86)

Very believable piano, albeit muddy for a few secs near the start. An amazing display of seperation and body. Impactful at 3:30 without over doing it.
The 535`s really shine with this track, mainly with soundstage and imaging. The 07`s give it the needed body that the 535 fails to give it. Amazing performance with the Vsonic`s, stunning.
5 star hotel, piano bar, large cuban, thankyou Vsonic. Can`t recommend this track enough, 535`s blew me away but man the 07`s NAIL it.

£119? quite incredible performance at this early stage, just wish they had the more forward soundstage of the 535. Once I get used to the soundstage then what isn`t to like about these?

ED: Something I must add, I had to sand the back of the right body at the chamfer where they are glued together. Tiny piece of raised plastic that caught my ear and could touch. Easily fixed though.

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #892 of 7,982
So I received my pair yesturday!! When I first put them in, I wasn't at all impressed with the sound. However I've almost read every page of this thread so I know ofcourse that the good sound everyone talks about comes with burn in. I've maybe put a couple hours into them now, and literally every time I pop them in they are sounding better and better. I'm going to leave them on overnight tonight to give it even more burn in.

Also at first they didn't seem that comfortable, but after a couple quick adjustments to the nozzle everything seems great now. I put them in and within a few seconds I forget they are there.

A huge thank you goes out to lendmeurears for being such a pleasure to deal with. I live in Ontario, Canada and I believe I had them in about 8 business days.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #893 of 7,982

Quote:
So I received my pair yesturday!! When I first put them in, I wasn't at all impressed with the sound. However I've almost read every page of this thread so I know ofcourse that the good sound everyone talks about comes with burn in. I've maybe put a couple hours into them now, and literally every time I pop them in they are sounding better and better. I'm going to leave them on overnight tonight to give it even more burn in.

Also at first they didn't seem that comfortable, but after a couple quick adjustments to the nozzle everything seems great now. I put them in and within a few seconds I forget they are there.

A huge thank you goes out to lendmeurears for being such a pleasure to deal with. I live in Ontario, Canada and I believe I had them in about 8 business days.

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed too the first time I heard them. Don't worry though, these babies are like that OK-looking girl that doesn't seem all that at first, until you realize that her personality makes her a hell of a lot more attractive than some of those barbie types. 

BTW, every GR07 owner should check this song out

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #894 of 7,982
Now around 11 hours, 5 hours stuck on repeat with dweaver`s noise file whilst I went out last night.

These are munching through tracks like a demonic pacman, effortlessly to boot. I am actually quite taken aback. Amazing, Hiromi - Joy is even better than it was yesterday. The muddy piano combination around 30 secs has become less stodgy. The only fault I heard with the track yesterday has gone.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #895 of 7,982
Ok since I've had my EX600's I've been trying the Sony Hybrid tips on like every IEM I have to see the effects, I'm absolutely loving the MS (yellow) hybrids on the GR07's - They're slightly shorter than the other hybrids - I use the S on my EX600's as they have a longer nozzle, but these are just perfect on the GR07's!
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #896 of 7,982
Man... probably 30 hours in and I am LOVING these iems. The thing that I am noticing the most right now is the speed. For instance I'm listening to Metallica's Blackened as I type this and I hear every one of Lars' kick drums with huge punch, impact and speed. Fantastic!

Gotta ask tho, the other night I decided to give some more burn in on them... so I threw a few albums on the play list and set it to a above listening volume but not maxium level. So, not even thinking I threw on a few over-the-top loud albums like Alice in Chains 'Black Gives Way to Blue' and Micheal Jackson's 'Invincible'. Any chance that the probably over loudness of those albums effected my iems in a negative anyway?? I can't say I notice a bad difference or anything, but I suppose I'm just being a little over paranoid because I have finally found a set of iems that I ABSOLUTELY love... and paid a pretty penny for :)

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #897 of 7,982
Lenny Kravitz' new music loves the GR07 too! 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #898 of 7,982
I am scratching my head with how you throw a track at these and they churn it out pretty much the way you like it.

Michael Nyman - Chasing sheep and Time lapse followed by summer and winter from the four seasons, Apocalyptica - nothing else matters and finally Hiromi- joy last night.

Brilliant. I really fancied something in the Westone range (3/4) but unless someone says otherwise I cannot see (apart from larger soundstage) they would produce much better.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #899 of 7,982
eric-
Awesome! That was totally rockin. But, I was listening with my new customs (while the GR07's are out on loan)! Great sounding track. 

Is there a new album by Lenny?

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #900 of 7,982
wow- these are my first mid-range IEMs - and well impressed :)

previously had CX300s, or were they 500s -not sure - Sennheisers anyway

instantly - no burn in or anything - these sound crystal clear - no siblence noticeable at them moment - and seal seems fine with tips on them out of the box

quite eye opening to the world of IEMS :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back