VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #196 of 7,982
Got mine today, absolutely fantastic, one of the best IEM's I've ever heard, In my opinion, and what I've heard personally, it blows re0/re-zero and DBA-02 out of the water, maybe its just personal preference, but I've fallen in love with these
redface.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #197 of 7,982

Quote:
Got mine today, absolutely fantastic, one of the best IEM's I've ever heard, In my opinion, and what I've heard personally, it blows re0/re-zero and DBA-02 out of the water, maybe its just personal preference, but I've fallen in love with these
redface.gif

I'm so excited to get a few pairs in! Cannot wait to try them out. Grown tired of my Westone 2's. I wonder how they fare up to them.

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #198 of 7,982
I hope you enjoy them as much as I am right now, the sound stage is amazing, the main thing which makes me prefer these over the DBA's is the fact they fit with zero hassle, they are so comfortable, I got them at 8.23am this morning and haven't taken them out since, I'm listening to music I don't even usually enjoy
redface.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #199 of 7,982

Quote:
I hope you enjoy them as much as I am right now, the sound stage is amazing, the main thing which makes me prefer these over the DBA's is the fact they fit with zero hassle, they are so comfortable, I got them at 8.23am this morning and haven't taken them out since, I'm listening to music I don't even usually enjoy
redface.gif

Amazing. I had the DBA-02s before I gave them to my friend (I preferred the fit and build quality of my Westone 2's, and the difference is small) and if you're saying that you prefer these over the DBA's, then that just sounds awesome. Isolation is one of my main priorities; I hate walking around the streets and hearing anything other than music. 
cool.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #200 of 7,982
biggrin.gif

The DBA's also always felt very flimsy so me (cable), I was always scared and careful using them, the cables on these is built like rope!

The isolation I'm finding is probably on about 8/10 at the moment, but that's mainly because I'm using the medium tips, it would be better with the smaller ones, but I'm not that keen on it being 3 miles down my ear canal, the comply ones look pretty comfy, and comply always isolate more.

Just listened to 'The Fame' - Lady Gaga, All I can say is the sound-stage at the beginning is...just...WOW.

Listening to 'Nuclear War' - Yo La Tengo, now...fantastic, hope you get yours soon
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #202 of 7,982
I received my GR07's on 7/11 and they shipped out on 7/1, very quick shipping considering the 4th of July holiday.  I am really enjoying these iem's apart from the cable which will hopefully soften up a bit, it is the first time I have ever had to utilize the cable adjuster in order to keep the cables in place over my ear.  They are so comfortable that you really do not even know that they are in.  I haven't tried the guides yet but I may give them a shot later on.  I have about 18.5 hours of burn in on them and have thrown a wide variety of music to them and boy do these hit low.  From time to time I cannot help but feel that there is something missing in the mid to upper range but simply increasing the volume by 1 or 2 steps seems to do the trick, this may also be due to the fact that I am using the headphone out from my laptop (HP elitebook 8440p).  I cannot wait until I receive my S:FLO2 later on this month to see if the sq will change, by then hopefully I will have around 200 hours of burn in on them.  The soundstage is really wide left to right, but not as much up and down.  The detail, clarity and separation of the instruments while playing one of my favorite albums, the airborne toxic event all i ever wanted live from walt disney concert hall, is phenominal.  Overall I feel that these are by far the best iem that i have owned to date and I can't wait to see how the sq changes with a better source and from adequate burn in.

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #203 of 7,982

Quote:
redface.gif

I am glad you are enjoying these! I am still amazed at them despite of comparing and contrasting them between the other IEMs I own.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #204 of 7,982
@poimandres
Looking at your previous IEM's, that's quite an endorsement. I felt the same about the upper mids. I've only noticed two things change from burn in. After the first 2-4 hours, they gained layering, separation, and clarity, basically settling in to their sound which didn't really change until just recently where at somewhere near 150 hours they gained some bite in the upper mids. Note that I am not that sensitive to sibilance at all so that may have changed also.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #205 of 7,982
Unfortunately I really did not get to listen much before around the 14th hour of burn in, so my earlier post was based off of that time period.  I am glad to hear about the change in the upper mids.

Quote:
@poimandres
Looking at your previous IEM's, that's quite an endorsement. I felt the same about the upper mids. I've only noticed two things change from burn in. After the first 2-4 hours, they gained layering, separation, and clarity, basically settling in to their sound which didn't really change until just recently where at somewhere near 150 hours they gained some bite in the upper mids. Note that I am not that sensitive to sibilance at all so that may have changed also.

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #206 of 7,982
Finally got my GR07's today, and have had 2.5 hours of listening.

Tried all the included eartips, and eventually just settled with the "default" ones. It's still not as comfortable as my Klipsch S5i's with the well-worn-in tips, but hopefully it gets better.

I love that the nozzle(?) can adjust it's angle. I'll have to try it tonight, but I think I can even wear these while lying down on my side, as the housing looks to end up perfectly flat in my ear.

Not sure with the ear guides, yet -- sometimes they move around when I'm walking, sometimes they don't.

Hello, highs! I guess this is the harsh highs the folks are talking about pre-burn-in. Coming from M50 and Klipsch S5i, it's nowhere near as harsh as I thought it would be, but still noticeable.

It maybe my ears just adjusting, but I also think that the bass went from non-existent out of the box to decent now.

Build quality seems to be on par with my very sturdy Klipsch S5i, so I expect rugged reliability with these - with the exception of the jack. Due to its basically-right-angled design and the fact that I always have my iPhone in my pocket, the cable will always be kinda pulled up -- time will tell if it can withstand the all day everyday stress.

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #207 of 7,982
Quote:
Build quality seems to be on par with my very sturdy Klipsch S5i, so I expect rugged reliability with these - with the exception of the jack. Due to its basically-right-angled design and the fact that I always have my iPhone in my pocket, the cable will always be kinda pulled up -- time will tell if it can withstand the all day everyday stress.

Simple solution to simple problem: put your iPhone upside down or lying on the side. However the jack looks pretty sturdy and should withstand this for a long time.

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #208 of 7,982
Funny, I just tried both, earlier!

iPhone upside down would work while wearing jeans, where it can't wriggle itself to go "sideways". However, I notice that the wire eventually slides from the side of the iPhone to the middle of the back/front, which eventually results in still stressing the wire -- just this time it's the other way.

iPhone sideways worked with loose gym shorts, though it kinda felt weird at first. I can't have the iPhone sideways while wearing jeans, as I have fat quads, and don't wear jeans bigger than "Loose Fit". I may try iPhone sideways when wearing dress pants.

Quote:
Simple solution to simple problem: put your iPhone upside down or lying on the side. However the jack looks pretty sturdy and should withstand this for a long time.

After 3 more hours, I still find the highs to be quite strong, while the bass seemed to have picked up a little more volume. Again, it could be just be me / my ears adjusting to it.

I don't remember if there were impressions on this thread regarding piano's and the GR07, but I didn't enjoy the song Kiss The Rain by Yiruma with the GR07. I'll listen to the song again after a few days of burn-in, but for now, something seemed off.

EDIT. Noticed the same thing on the piano portion of the The Scientist by Coldplay. The ssss and sssh's parts of the vocal also gets fatiguing right now. Yep, I'll definitely let the GR07 burn in for a couple days straight....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back