VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #166 of 7,982

Quote:
Ok.. Let's wait for Varley's impression. If he agrees with your two about the different, warm and full sound signature (and I mean full, not big), I would accept that I'm not audiophille enough to make further critical notes on earphones. 

Buy the way, Varley and the others, I hope you had properly amped your RE0's  (you know.. Fiio7, Teclast T51 / Sflo2 / HiFiMan 601 etc stuff..) . On hifiman for instance, the big difference I do hear between these two comes from wider GR07 stage .. The rest is just too subtle to focus on and call it a different signature.. 

Relax, everyone has a different set of ears after all. "Audiophiles" here disagree with each other all the time!
tongue.gif

And yes, I have amped and unamped both IEMs. But yes, I do agree that GR07's soundstage is outstanding for a non-vented earphone... so, it isn't a surprise that will be the most outstanding difference between the GR07 and RE-ZERO (can't say for the RE-0, I never heard THAT one).

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #167 of 7,982
Oh, but it is vented, just barely. There are two small port holes, one on the front, one on the back. I definitely sense a difference in soundstage when I wear the GR07 very close to my ear as it tends to occlude (at least partly) the opening of the inside vent. The vent holes may also be why the GR07 doesn't isolate as well as fully sealed IEMs, although the isolation really isn't a big problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do agree that GR07's soundstage is outstanding for a non-vented earphone

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #168 of 7,982
Oh, that'd explain it's soundstage then and it's only average isolation. Not as good as the EX1000, yet not as un-isolating as the EX1000 as well.

And here I was having my hopes up that some genius finally found a way to expand the soundstage without drilling a hole.
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #169 of 7,982
I'm open to what they are like, I'm not saying either one of you guys are wrong or right, and to be honest, some things sound different to peoples ears, people with sensitive ears might find things bright whereas the next person might not :D

I was using my Fuze with a PA2V2/Mini^3 and I borrowed a friends Headstage Arrow for a few days, I still, no matter how hard I tried, couldn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would.

I won't be amping the GR07's 90% of the time to be honest, as I'll be using them on the go with my nano and J3, might use the Fiio E11 when I have the space, I sold all of my portable amps now though, didn't ever use them or see a major benefit worth the hassle of hauling one around on the go.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #170 of 7,982
These may not be quite as isolating as the beat IEM's but they are still pretty isolating in my opinion.

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #171 of 7,982
To contribute to the "appreciation" portion of this thread, the GR07 is by far my favourite IEM I own, judging by which IEM I always reach for first. It's great value for the money.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #172 of 7,982
LOL I want to get some review done and they just sit their because because I just like using the GR07. They are by far the best IEM I have owned.

Jul 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #173 of 7,982

Quote:
LOL I want to get some review done and they just sit their because because I just like using the GR07. They are by far the best IEM I have owned.

Same here. XD

I am starting to believe I can get rid of all my IEMs and only keep my EX1000 and GR07 and I'll be a happy man. :p

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #177 of 7,982
Hopefully these will not suffer the same fate as my RE0's after burn in.  It was very frustrating to say the least.  My S:Flo2 preorder will supposedly not ship until later on this month, if all goes well, so I will have to burn them in through my HP 8440P (headphone out) and iPod classic.  200 hours is quite the long time though I am looking forward to them.

Quote:
The fun doesn't start until after a good, solid burn in folks.. get your DAPs ready!

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #178 of 7,982
Hopefully these will not suffer the same fate as my RE0's after burn in.  It was very frustrating to say the least.  My S:Flo2 preorder will supposedly not ship until later on this month, if all goes well, so I will have to burn them in through my HP 8440P (headphone out) and iPod classic.  200 hours is quite the long time though I am looking forward to them.

Nah.. you should be fine.. in my experience, these are among the best built IEMs I've ever owned.  I haven't had any technical or build issues.  A couple of users reported that where the cable enters the driver housing, they had issues with the cable coming loose.. I've experienced none of that and mine get used daily.. wrapped up and unwrapped often.

The cable is quite springy out of the box, but with use, it becomes much more flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back